Pictures of "where the magic happens"?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I see a lil stowaway in thar.. bet hes got yer gold!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Blackjohn I recognize that 1964 George Dickel on the desk next to the Tribbles as "Saurian Brandy" . My leather is not painted red yet., however yours looks great !  :blink:

Thanks!

Yep! Good call! Saurian Brandy... tribbles... I'm gearing up for a huge party on December 29th, 2007. The 40th Anniversary of Trouble with Tribbles!!!

:ph34r:;);)

;):ph34r::ph34r:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I don't know about magic, but here's where it happens. And, yes, the room really is that bright orange (mango) 'cause it's the darkest, coldest room in the house, and I wanted tropical! Here's a 360 of the room, with one close up.

100_0746.jpg

100_0776.jpg

100_0747.jpg

100_0748.jpg

100_0749.jpg

Oops, took the photos out of photobucket, and forgot that with no link, they don't show up. Chalk it up to another example of how I am computer challenged. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 months later...

Ah come on me hearties! I know ye kin add to this..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 1 year later...

bump.

someday i'll have to figure these computer functions thingies out. rather than creating a new thread lets provide a little bit of rescuscitation to this one.

my post from another thread....

oh- a computerized router...... oh

My shop has the usual assortment of hand tools and clamps and the advantage of a lot of tools left over from the boat yard before dad retired.

lots of fiberglassing tools, supplies and molds

two band saws- one 12 inch, the other 20- its a monster from the 40's and run like a champ.

table saw with six foot tables on either side

a drill press

a 14' radial arm saw on a 5 foot arm. Its a horse.

miter saw

router table

air compressor w/ ten gallon tank

and an old iron ponderosa stove to cook on in the winter

bump

My place is a real mess right now, as my teak grating photos show in the other post. You can see scraps from flooring in the corner. However, I have built my basement shop *specifically* to make furniture. I am a wood guy, as well as a modelmaker. We industrial designers need places to prototype stuff. My arsenal is as follows:

5X8 worktable with two 4-box power outlets...single most valuable shop thing I own, allows me to make fake pirate shoes, weapons, etc.

two 4X6 workbench, one with a very large vise

floor standing drill press

router & table

Bandsaw

table saw

combo belt & disc sander

air compressor with 20 gallon tank

paint spray gun

fiberglass layup tools &chemicals (...modern boatmaking stuff)

4 ft wood-bending setup using 6-inch dia pvc pipe, a propane camp stove & kettle, though now I discovered the steam has now permantnly kinked my pipes

various hand held tools: 4-inch grinder, sawzall, drills, belt and 4x4 sanders, clamps, etc.

...and a boatload of antique tools acquired from my great grandfather such as these drawknives (a.k.a. spokeshaves)

SHIP2-1.jpg

bump.

someday i'll have to figure these computer functions thingies out. rather than creating a new thread lets provide a little bit of rescuscitation to this one.

my post from another thread....

You'd have never found this thread, though. I knew it was in Beyond (and you have to use the search function within the specific forum you're searching - which kinda' sucks for this sort of thing) and I also knew it was called "Where the Magic...something." So I was able to find it thanks to those otherwise useless braincells storing that info. So no worries! I was just giving you a hand. B)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Ugh! B)

My place is in apparent disarray. My magic? Well, doesn't come as it once did.

I'll try to get pics of it soon. I have yet to bring stuff over from the storage unit, to arrange and clean yet (after my sister was here cause she was kicked out from the flooding) and other things (such as no roomie now which has left me in a constant state of panic trying to figure out how the hell I will have enough money for EVERYTHING! Hence, the costuming business of mine, mates. Gotta make some coinage somehow... or this pirate Lady will someday disappear! Which that someday may come swiftly if I can't conjure up a lot of coinage soon, very soon. B) ).

My room is a constant state of disaster. As it's my comp room, sewing room and my bedroom all in one. Why everything in one room? Cause 1, didn't know if I would have a roomie or not... 2. my sis was here (still kinda partially is... 3. I just haven't been able to move things about as I want them to be.

A picture of it... You all would think me a gross, lazy person. Just goes to show how overwhelmed I am. No pirate stuff put up yet, either. It all had to be taken down. B)

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

since we are doing major remodeling right now..( ok--- it's been a 20 year long process... we are in year 10 ) sometimes everything is a complete cluser f***.....

the garage, big enough to store 3 vehicles and still have room for lots o'crap, is currently packed with tons mo' crap.... that is why we are building a 16 x 12 shed in the backyard.... the garage will be cleaned out, so i can demo and rebuild the crappy foundation walls..... then, i can finally organize !!

the sewing table is in our bedroom, the workshop downstairs is now a catchall for all the other projects going on..

post pics of this sometimes mess ???? NO WAY !! :lol: i'd have to clean up a bit first :lol:

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm339/b...70308_1604a.jpg

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm339/b...70308_1604b.jpg

ok, forgive me. i'm not a photographer and there is no way to get away from the lights in the barn. atleast i figured how to post the bloody things.

the first is of the front part of the shop with the band saws, the second is a stack of mahogany, the table saw and one of the boats in the rack.

That's okay. We forgive you because of the boat in the background. :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

My imagination were sparked by the pirates of this very forum ... and grew into a full blown hobby for me... Art, Dead Mans Cove, clothing and learning history were inspired and have come to fruition here..

P1011107.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Must be a very inspiring place, Eyes, for so much great artwork to come out of it. Your fingers on the keys in photo shop be magical. :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

You confine the place where the magic happens to one room, eye? I think you're being modest! Last we forget:

https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7174

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

You confine the place where the magic happens to one room, eye? I think you're being modest! Last we forget:

https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7174

Eye was equating "Majic " to creativity. It is ok to be Modest for some of my ideas come from your post..

Example:

King's Pyrate posted this pic here on the Pub that started me on the Dead Mans Cove project..

blackbeard_pirate.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Inspiration

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P1011077.jpg

Which by the way is still a work in progress..

If I don't go to PirateCon next year I am sure to aquire a Tiki bar to go in the Dead Mans Cove area....I already have a place picked out for it..

All I can do is GRIN! :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."