Pictures of "where the magic happens"?

Silkie...do you have to make a 'path' just to walk about the room too, or is everything piled so high that you just look at your 'project' and say..."Maybe tomorrow"?

Neither. I live in a three bedroom house alone. I am spread out and I leave no flat surface uncovered.

::sigh::

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pictures aren't coming up. Did you load them properly from a photosite and not your computer?

I think the only one that isn't showing up is Iron Bess's. I adopted my mod persona and checked the post out using the mod edit function...

Hey Iron Bess! There's no photo to link to on your photobucket site! B)

If I remember to take my camera home from work, I'll post a shot of my garage later. It's where the haunted house props get made, so I suppose that's where the magic happens.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Neither. I live in a three bedroom house alone. I am spread out and I leave no flat surface uncovered.

::sigh::

Yes, it must be nice. Yet, I did that my hubby would pitch a fit. ;)

I cannot complain. If I really need space there is the dinning room floor to spread out on.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Oh Iron Bess!! Can I please come play there all day? Just leave me with Stitch and Pooh. 2 of my favorite people...I think I'm related to them B)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Very well then...seeing how everyone is posting their place of info-worship, I thought I would show you my 'think tank' along with my 'reenactment" room. Ya, got two of them...twice as much fun to clean them up, too!

Here is my computer room...

Computerroom.jpg

And my so called Reenactment room

Bedroom.jpg

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Disclaimer: in terms of messiness, this is as bad as it gets - most of the time it's better organized, but ya gets to see it, warts and all!

The red coat to the left is a British fusilier's coat, circa the 1740's. I'm working on four of these - two red and two blue gunner's coats, same era.

Office1.jpg

This is my network - you can't see it, but there are two PC's, one laptop and a router on and under that desk. Also my lucky tiki's (to make sure the network stays up.)

Office2.jpg

RHJMap.jpg

Just leave me with Stitch and Pooh. 2 of my favorite people...I think I'm related to them :lol:

"Ye know, I think Red Cat likes everyone! An after ye spend anytime wit' her, ye wish ye was related t' her."

AwwwWWWWWW!!! Jacky ya knows me well thankee!!

If I remember to take my camera home from work, I'll post a shot of my garage later. It's where the haunted house props get made, so I suppose that's where the magic happens.

Ok, so it took a few days to remember the camera... :lol:

(You may notice a certain trend towards skeletons and skulls. I bought a boatload of skeleton parts post-H'ween in preparation for the 2007 room concept, which I have already started conceptualizing (but not building): It's a Skull World

workshop1.jpg

The boxes are full of my HEDZ props. I haven't really made one in over 10 years, so they wind up getting stored (although I do re-use them occasionally, like the one for the Drunken Undead Pirate. (The R2 full of skulls is such a nice touch. ;) )

workshop3.jpg

I bought a bunch of those gummy lighted skulls for 75% off for the room. (The watchword for It's a Skull World: cheesy. Just like its namesake.)

workshop2.jpg

The workbench. There's a talking skull sitting sort of upside down there next to the skull flower. The 2007 room is to feature a half dozen taking skull flowers about twice the size of the one sitting there. (I don't know where I get these ideas. Honestly.)

"Am I not?"

Looks just like our attic - lots of skulls and skeletons!  And I see you got one of those talking skulls on a platter.  Jack removed it and put it on a plaque with a couple of crossed femurs.

I'm going to attach the skull to a board and build a flower out of bright cardboard (sitting near the back of the bench) around it. If you look at the top shelf of the bench on the LHS, you'll see six more talking skulls on a platter still in their boxes, stacked on top of each other, awaiting the holiday. I got them all for cheap in early November.

"Am I not?"

I am so envious... Captain Sterling, that is an incedibly array of toys, clothes, books etc....

Having just moved from a large apartment of my own, to a mid-size apartment with my lady, I had to give away, sell, or just outright dump many of my belongings... Moving from one country to another helped force this mass disposal of my precsious goods....

But I have finally talked the woman into getting a larger place, so while I have no real workplace of my own for the moment, when the lease to her/our apartment runs out in a few months, and we move into a larger place, I will again build myself a sanctum to my hobbies!

Michael_banner.jpg

Well you asked for it.

Here's the computer desk in the living room/dining area.

Thecomputerdesk.jpg

Here's my little desk in the bedroom where all my sewing and craft projects take place. BTW- the desk was unfinished and was being thrown out by someone here in the complex about 6 years ago. I got it and refinished it.

Myworkallstationdesk.jpg

Rumba that IS a great desk! All it needs is an inkwell and a candle!

By th by... who be in the little fishtank?

Awww I beta he or she is very happy in there! ;)

I had to give away, sell, or just outright dump many of my belongings... Moving from one country to another helped force this mass disposal of my precsious goods....

Having heart failure at tossing anything that may even remotely be considered useful for the hobby.... :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Blackjohn I recognize that 1964 George Dickel on the desk next to the Tribbles as "Saurian Brandy" . My leather is not painted red yet., however yours looks great ! :lol:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"