There truly is a jar of dirt

Yer never know. The old glass jar of dirt may turn up on the Antiques Roadshow in a hundred years. All I can say is gawd knows what the experts will make of it if they trace it back to this forum conversation.

I can see it now.....3007.....Mr Tom Morrow, 55, silver hair, indigo lycra jumpsuit with built in gravitation stabilizers explaining how a group of pirate fanatics were discussing the importance of the said jar of dirt, prompting some to go dig their own back yards in an effort to make (shock, horror) forgeries!

Yer never know. We could be looking at a potential future enigma, not unlike the Turin shroud, that will baffle experts and observers alike.

I would like my name to be linked to the story somehow. This is my one chance for fame. I need to leave a legacy for my family to be proud of!

Yer never know. The old glass jar of dirt may turn up on the Antiques Roadshow in a hundred years. All I can say is gawd knows what the experts will make of it if they trace it back to this forum conversation.

I can see it now.....3007.....Mr Tom Morrow, 55, silver hair, indigo lycra jumpsuit with built in gravitation stabilizers explaining how a group of pirate fanatics were discussing the importance of the said jar of dirt, prompting some to go dig their own back yards in an effort to make (shock, horror) forgeries!

Yer never know. We could be looking at a potential future enigma, not unlike the Turin shroud, that will baffle experts and observers alike.

I would like my name to be linked to the story somehow. This is my one chance for fame. I need to leave a legacy for my family to be proud of!

get a human heart still beating in there covered in Barnacles, and we may well have a fiasco on our hand...

And Mad_Jack is right

B)

that yould be highly amusing...

Lom Teeny Weeny, Lom Eensy Weensy...Lom Say-Say Eunich-y...snip-snip

hah.gif      Yer never know. The old glass jar of dirt may turn up on the Antiques Roadshow in a hundred years. All I can say is gawd knows what the experts will make of it if they trace it back to this forum conversation.

EmoticonThud-vi.giflaughing.gif PRICELSS!

Oh I have a mate, Iron Bess, and he's a mighty fine man to have for nearly 25 years. Wouldn't trade him, even for a jar of dirt! :)

"Damn I hav' t' wait til' we been married over 25 years, t' be wort' more then a jar of dirt!"

"Suppose it's not that far off. Oh well, gives me somethin' t' look forward t', sez I."

Oh I have a mate, Iron Bess, and he's a mighty fine man to have for nearly 25 years. Wouldn't trade him, even for a jar of dirt! :)

"Damn I hav' t' wait til' we been married over 25 years, t' be wort' more then a jar of dirt!"

"Suppose it's not that far off. Oh well, gives me somethin' t' look forward t', sez I."

It isn't that hard to make it to 25 as long as you remember these rules, er...guidelines.

DO NOT, I repeat, do not buy appliances for birthdays, anniversaries or holidays.

Remember to leave your dirty pirate boots at the back door.

If she goes to bed with a cutlass at her side, beware of the Bobbitt curse. That means you better find a flower shop open during the middle of the night.

Let her hang posters of men that she admires without comment. Don't reciprocate with posters of anything that you admire unless it has 4 wheels,a big block and 4 barrel carb.

Be nice to Mother-in-law.

And if you have kids in the mix, well, make sure that they have their homework done, clean clothes and lunches made, even if mommy is feeling good on that day. :lol:

kttcsignature.jpg

Doomed to a happy life - what's so bad about that? :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

"Got it, no cutlery in the bedroom, don't have any posters, took seven years fer my Mother-in-law t' call me her son-in-law, I already make lunches and get the kids t' school everyday. I knew it, I'm doomed!"

Oh Dear! That's it. Send this pirate a jar of dirt. He needs all the help he can get! LOL

kttcsignature.jpg

DO NOT, I repeat, do not buy appliances for birthdays, anniversaries or holidays.

But how is she suppose ter be keepin' th' house spotless, and still find th' time ter be mixin' me a mug o' grog whalst werrin' 'er sexy lingerie? :blink:

Next question..... can anyone figgure out why I still be single, even wit a whole yard fulla dirt?

I think ya just answered yer own question, mate! :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

But how is she suppose ter be keepin' th' house spotless, and still find th' time ter be mixin' me a mug o' grog whalst werrin'  'er sexy lingerie?  ;)

Next question..... can anyone figgure out why I still be single, even wit a whole yard fulla dirt?

;)

I think you need the "Single and how to find a pirate mate for dummies" guide.

It's sad to have a whole yard of dirt and no one to share the dirt with...

hmmmm, could we start a pirate dating service?

Wanted:

~~Pirate~~

Tanned, sweaty and with some teeth. Must have workable compass and effects intact. Jar of dirt optional. Enuchs need not apply.

Something like that... ;););)

kttcsignature.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Okay....

1)...Yeah...feather duster where did that come from?

2)....thump thump thump associated with jar of dirt...HUH? (cute idea though for the ones making a jar of dirt...thinking I will make some for meself and some pyratey friends for our garb...gluing barnacles onto the heart was a fantastic idea mate)

3)....In the extra DVD for behind the scenes footage (POTC2)....they mentioned a chicken foot hanging from Jack's belt....anyone pick up on that...or know what is for?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Okay....

1)...Yeah...feather duster where did that come from?

2)....thump thump thump associated with jar of dirt...HUH?  (cute idea though for the ones making a jar of dirt...thinking I will make some for meself and some pyratey friends for our garb...gluing barnacles onto the heart was a fantastic idea mate)

3)....In the extra DVD for behind the scenes footage (POTC2)....they mentioned a chicken foot hanging from Jack's belt....anyone pick up on that...or know what is for?

In one of Johnny's interviews, he said that he sometimes uses a "prop" to help him remember the lines or the scenes or to get inspired, hence he shoved a feather dusty down his jeans...

or holds a banana in the scene from COTBP...he was trying to focus since he was pissed at Gore during that scene.

I went to the local chicken feed store and the store is all out of chicken feet. I think it's a sign of fertility or perhaps being fertile? LOL I don't remember.

I was going to buy a dozen chicken feet to make a little trinket for all my mates but I have to special order them, or go to China Town in Toronto.

I just haven't figured out how to prevent the dogs, foxes and coyotes from chasing us when we do wear them!

kttcsignature.jpg

capt jack savy...

I correct myself on the feather duster...in the additional DVD they made one into his ceptum, and yes the chicken foot as well in the additional DVD mentioned it was for fertility...I shoulda watched all the extras before saying anything.....!!!!

oh by the way they mentioned that Johnny had a lot of creative license when it came to his costuming and accessories...kool!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg