PiP 2007!!

Harry

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone Silkie doesn't have the scoop on? hmmmm yup..she's goode..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

the pimpmypirate.com webpage ..... maybe it's a my space thing

what was he thinking???and was he actually firing that musket down there???

and if so it's a shame a spark from his pan didn't ignite that polyester pimp hat!!! <_<B)B)

or maybe seagulls could use it for target practice :) :)

That's one of Harry's friends and may work at the fort as well. Re-enacts Civil War (note the belt) and yes, he was making noise. But, seeing how that appears to be a cap-gun, no pan flash to take the hat. Damn.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Aha, the mystery is solved! :D I imagine he will be pressed to leave the hat at home for 2007. Maybe the pants, too, but... that would be "the other end of Duval Street" (eh, Silkie)! :D

So, no comments on the kid aspect :D

Well, should it have any appeal, I notice the Port Washington Pirate Fest (in Raids) folks (Scuttle Sally) have some pretty nifty ideas to keep the little buggers occupied:

As for the children's area. I've been in talks with the owner of the local HobbyTown. He's really in love with the idea and we're working on getting him to set up a demo area where kids can play some of the various pirate games (like Quest for Davy Jones Gold and Dread Pirate) or even work on making easy model ships. We're also looking at a dig for treasure sandbox for the wee little pirates in training.

For the Buccaneer Bar, we'll be setting up Pirates Dice and mancala...maybe Shut-The-Box if Hobbytown can get us one.

Oh, and I'll give you a teaser...we have something really cool along the lines of the popular wooden dubloons that will give the kids another way to interact with the pirates. The wooden dubloons will continue as they were SO popular last year! We'll have a seperate booth for their redemption.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Finally leaving the 1860s and going back to the future...

The rogue pictured is, indeed as Capt. Jim said, one our rangers. He's also my Chief of the Piece for artillery. Always had a problem with getting him to dress down :lol: ...

And... he realizes that garb is NOT acceptable for future PiP events. I believe it was just what he pulled out of the trunk for the day...

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Jim. :lol:

Mary,

I like the idea of doing something for the kids, I am not the one to do it. I mean I can entertain and tell stories but A.) I am not a pirate, wench that I am. B.) I am a follower, not a leader. If somebody wants to take the bull by the ...err, horns then I'll help wrestle him to the ground but I'm no matador!

Additionally, the person who does take charge of the kiddies, may I suggest ...another new thread. lol

The firing of cannon can be a separate event entirely - giving even more to do.

I think the cannons can be educational as well as fun. I saw we had a demo on how to load the cannon and such on Friday before it was hoisted to the ramparts. Why not do a who session each day about the different cannons, who they were loaded, etc. and then demo them. Same with the flintlocks. Schedule a time up where nothing else conflicts in the fort and direct everyone up top to enjoy some boom time. Cannon fire is just as enjoyable with or without a pseudo enemy...

- Hurricane

I've never been to PIP: hope to some day. And as a cannoneer, I'd be glad to be part of the cannon demo. I enjoy educating the public about cannon, even more so than firing them. :)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

As a newbie to PIP would do what i can ta help out.......i love kids

esp with bbq sauce :lol:

just kidding, some kids make it fun and otheres well

lets see what happens eh

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I get the feeling that the other end of Duval Street must be like the other end of Bourbon Street!

Yah... the kinda place where if you drop your wallet.... you kick it the other way for a few blocks befor you bend over to pick it up..... :lol:

Didn't these guys sing a song called "Key West"?

village_faggots.jpg

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on being at PIP this year ... not quite sure in what capacity.. hoping to be a vendor/sutler... spoke to Harry.. so I have my fingers crossed ... any ideas for a pirate bribe... lol :rolleyes:B)B)

~QM Seika Hellbound~

We ain't no stinking Parrots!!!"

piratepenguins.gif

Depending on the wares you're selling, you may find it worth your while to sell. We do well there each year. We will be heading up the Buccaneer camp there this year, with a 1680s representation of life in our favorite wicked city, Port Royal. Stop by and say hi and we'll feed you in our tavern and talk politics of the times.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Atala Syrcuse,

There is not a formal occasion at PiP that requires it however a lady always wants to look her best. If you with to be a lady then by all means dress the part. There is a trial for Ann Bonny and Mary Reed that you could wear it for. There is a banquet for volunteers on Sunday night. Be aware that it was VERY warm down there this year I would have been roasting and was quite glad that I was dressed in slops ...I was roasting in that anyway!

For sale? Yes, there are ladies down there who do not sew and would love something like this. Contact Harry (found in one of these threads about PiP) about coming down as a vendor.