LOCKHOUSE AFTER ACTION REPORT

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shots, Rats.

I particularly like that tankard, and what a great-looking Letter of Marque! Say, who's your propmaster?

:lol:

Really, terrific use of light and setting. Great work, my friend.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Thanks Pete!

I've had some of these ideas for years. Just with different eras.

The characters and props made it easy! I just went with what I know!

Thanks again!

BTW: We ain't done yet my friend! You just let me know when you have some spare time and your gear together. I have yet to get in on some of the pics myself.... Well, I got in on a few! But what can I say!

This is just the start my friend!!

And that tankard is famous!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Why thank you my dear!

I will also add those are all examples of your patterns. :)

I'm just glad we had the opportunity to shoot. Luckily it worked to where we were able to teardown before it got dark.

I just wish folks hadn't left on Sunday, when we finally got up and moving!

Just say the word Pete we'll plan either staged inside or location stuff!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

Why thank you my dear!

I will also add those are all examples of your patterns. :)

I'm just glad we had the opportunity to shoot. Luckily it worked to where we were able to teardown before it got dark.

I just wish folks hadn't left on Sunday, when we finally got up and moving!

Just say the word Pete we'll plan either staged inside or location stuff!

Rats!

Actually none of my clothing or Mr. March's are Reconstructing History patterns...Those are directly taken from Cut of Men's Clothing by Waugh .... with some very simplistic adjustments both Andy and I fit in the examples as if they were already made for us.

but if you throw up some good shots of the Gunner, Bosun and the ladies in Riding Habits... they certainly are. As well as your buff coloured frock coat and I am assuming your common man's brown coat.. I think you may have several good shots of that as well so folks can see the good quality.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

SandM1-2.jpg

They thought their plan would work. However.........

TavernRats2.jpg

There was a Rat in the woodwork!

tavernrats1-1.jpg

v2sneakingfront.jpg

v2sneakingup.jpg

v2Sneakingashore2.jpg

Having his men sneak ashore should have been an easy task...

sig2.jpg

My word Rats! Were you planning all this "story boarding" or did these shots just fall into place? I'm truly considering a slide show via a laptop for RF2... you mentioned this before and now after seeing these shots, I think you have a brilliant idea... Geeze we're gonna need the entire hall to ourselves... :lol::huh::lol: Between the gallows, gibbet cage, My Little Friend, the gun carriage and decking... only Mr. Merriweather will fit...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Well sir, like I said, My first love was always film. But without $$$ I couldn't go to film school and ended up a commercial photog for about 10 years.

Therefore aside from the typical commercial gigs, I would plan what I considered "movie still pics".

Let's face it! There has to be a story there or it's just a snap shot!

Yes I would love to make the slide show work for RF2. But this is just the start!

Just think if we had a good video or film camera there!!!

Thanks again!

Rats

sig2.jpg

hmmm might be able to help regardin film camera... as for video... yes that would be an added plus, I missed most of the fighting... as I usally stopped spinning and ended up hanging towards the water... should have ordered Mr. March to turn me about... **sigh** :lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

window1.jpg

window2.jpg

3crew-1.jpg

These are awesome, Rats. They look just like a Vermeer. :lol::lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Actually I prefer to consider them... Photo-ala-Ratz!

And the only reason I say that, is because I have no idea who that is...

You see, after spending a few years working for uncle sam, I wanted to learn what I needed to do and get my hands on the equipment to make my ideas happen. I made every effort to dodge the theory classes and just wanted to be shown "how to". I could then form my own style and go from there.

Truthfully I've had notebooks of ideas and sketches for years. I just needed to be shown how to use the equipment. Which is how I've come do what I do. It's really just my attempts at film with a still shot.

But thanks for the compliments!

Yet at the same time, I can't take the credit for costuming and the simple fact the crew looks good at what we do. Everyone has a character about them, not to mention the Capt. really outfitted us perfectly. When you surround yourself with such a great bunch of friends, family and friends that are like family, you can't help but succeed!

Here's to you all!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

But now we can't alway's be serious..... Can we?

The Brother's Duel

Agreement.jpg

Backtoback.jpg

Paceswalked.jpg

Turnandfire.jpg

Pretty heroic right?! Now take a look at how it really happened!!!

Duel1.jpg

Paceswalked.jpg

Billytakesashot.jpg

MadDogdogesbullet2.jpg

What do you expect they're brothers!!!

sig2.jpg

Rats, Vermeer was the second greatest Dutch painter of the 17thC. His art is wonderful and those photos are very reminiscent of his work.

You're good at this photography lark, have you considered dubbing yourself Papa Ratsy?

:ph34r:

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

You're good at this photography lark, have you considered dubbing yourself Papa Ratsy?

B)

:lol::lol::lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Pappa-Rat-Z?? B)

Sounds like a rapper?? B)

Thanks again for all the good words!

The crew really made it easy, I just tried to get a story out of it!

I'll have to look up this fella and see what 'ol Rats can learn from him.

Thanks again!

Rats

BTW:

I'm thinking the next shoot should be a few filler shots of a Red sleeve (Maddog?) and a pistol in the hand.

I also wouldn't mind dropping another bountyman in the first sequence for ambush effect.

Rats collecting the reward from a local magistrate?

March tracks Rats and partner down at a tavern

March has at the two scavengers

Rat's partner is killed, but Rats escapes.

Rats is finally caught

March drags the battered Rat to the Captain.

Rats goes RIP (dirt nap) or worse????

I might even already have the location for staging the tavern and the fight inside. Then the vicious end for the Rat!!

Not like I've been planning this or anything. But we'll see what we can do by RF2

Take care

sig2.jpg

hmmmm wonder if I could photograph a keel hauling staring the Doctor... B)

Crewe of the Archangel

"

B)

"Papa Ratsy" = Paparazzi.....

B)B)B)B)B)

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Ah! You said anything!

Crewe of the Archangel