Two truths and a Lie

William Brand

1. I have personally met Queen Elizabeth II of England at her real birthday party at Powis Castle and been allowed to carry the keys to several castles in my back pocket, not the easiest task I might add

2. I have worked with Dick Richards (Tootsie fame), Tommy Lee Jones, Rip Torn, James Mason, Robert Urich, just to name a few and on Blue Peter (and English TV kids show).

3. I graduated summa cum laude from William and Mary college

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I have personally met Queen Elizabeth II of England at her real birthday party at Powis Castle and been allowed to carry the keys to several castles in my back pocket, not the easiest task I might add

2. I have worked with Dick Richards (Tootsie fame), Tommy Lee Jones, Rip Torn, James Mason, Robert Urich, just to name a few and on Blue Peter (and English TV kids show).

3. I graduated summa cum laude from William and Mary college

I'm goin' out on a limb here, ye seem t' be too busy a fella t' graduate in the top one percent.

Magna cum laude mayhaps, I'll say three is the lie.

Well done... was accepted to William and Mary but chose Allegheny College instead...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

nope

Crewe of the Archangel

I believe one an two are true, three be the lie.

At least I hope three is a lie, cause once the dead find ye can hear 'em they never shut up!

Okay. here is the truths and the lie:

1. I once had to make the decision to take a family member off life support. And I held his hand while he died.

Aye, number one is True. At age twenty three I had to decide to take a very dear family member off of life support. And I did hold his hand while the angel of death came to take him.

2. I once met the actor Bill Pulman and had a drink with him at the South Side Pittsburgh bar.

Nay, number two is False. However, I did see him at a South Side Pittsburgh bar having a drink. I looked at him and he realized I recognized him. I smiled and he saluted his drink to me as a thanks for not drawing attention to him. And I saluted my drink back to him.

3. I have talked with many dead people from many different places and times.

Aye, number three is True. Aye, Jacky you are correct the dead never shut up once they find me. I have had many experiences, too many to count. Let's just say when I watched the movie Sixth Sense I was reliving my childhood.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Here are my two truths and a lie:

1. I am the founder of a local Robin Hood appreciation society, and I make my tea in a Robin Hood teapot.

2. I took second prize in the regional longbow archery championship last year.

3. Next week, I'm hosting a 5-day Beach Party for a group of nudists, Muslims, and vegetarians, next door to water-skiing Mormons. And Surfer Joe is not invited.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Well if I were guessing I would say 1 and 2 are true and 3 is false.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Alas, Briar Rose, #3 is all too true! (Surfer Joe's not invited only because it's real life.) And I left out the 34-foot RV containing 3 cats and 2 collie dogs. Yikes!

#2 is the lie. I've never shot a longbow. I'm near-sighted and my hand-eye co-ordination is crap.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

3. Next week, I'm hosting a 5-day Beach Party for a group of nudists, Muslims, and vegetarians, next door to water-skiing Mormons. And Surfer Joe is not invited.

Wot! Back up here. Hester I thought yer parties on the pub were exotic...

Damn, I've got t' get up t' Canada!

1. I used to teach archery.

2. When I was younger, I lost almost twenty pounds in three months after taking up weight lifting and running.

3. I had a chance to be in the first Indiana Jones movie but turned it down.

Red-Handed Jill...

Ye seem t' wield every other period weapon known t' man, so I believe one is true.

We know yer usually fit (when yer not injured), so two could be true, also.

I wager three be the lie.

Oh! Oh! pick me!!!

1. I have a fiance in St. Albans, England

2. I have been in a knife fight

3. As a child I was kidnapped by gypsies

Picked... but can't tell if the truths are gettin' wilder than the lies.

I'll go wit' William, three be the lie.

alright alright, so I would go willingly. Must learn to lie better.

:huh:

1) Yes, as a matter of fact I DO have a fiance in England, however I learned quickly to not take drunken nightclub marriage proposals too seriously. I doubt he remembers me. :huh:

2) Well, knife fight is a relative term. It was preplanned and the surgeon won.

3) Is only true in my wildest dreams. However I am stuck in suburbia praying for the nearest band of gypsy to come along :huh:

1) Yes, as a matter of fact I DO have a fiance in England, however I learned quickly to not take drunken nightclub marriage proposals too seriously. I doubt he remembers me.  :huh:

2) Well, knife fight is a relative term. It was preplanned and the surgeon won.

3) Is only true in my wildest dreams. However I am stuck in suburbia praying for the nearest band of gypsy to come along :huh:

Ahh! MercenaryWench ye lie very well, since the two truths are more or less half truths.

Yer not the only one lookin' fer adventure, while livin' in surburbia lass.

1. I used to teach archery.

2. When I was younger, I lost almost twenty pounds in three months after taking up weight lifting and running.

3. I had a chance to be in the first Indiana Jones movie but turned it down.

I'm guessing #2 is the lie.

Jill seems like she's always been pretty fit. Likely didn't have an extra 20 lbs of puppy fat to shed as a youngster. However, she may have gained 20 lbs of muscle by taking up weight lifting.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Right-o: number two is the lie. I gained some weight during my 30's from working too many long hours and eating too late at night. I deliberately took over a year to lose it so that it would stay off. So it's a half-lie.

Yep - I used to teach archery. I like knives, tomahawks and swords better, though.

And I was approached by someone casting the first Indiana Jones movie. They didn't tell me what the movie was, just that it took place during the 40's or thereabouts. He saw me at my workplace and apparently I had the look they wanted for the movie, but I was too busy at the time so I said no. After I found out what the movie was, of course, there was much knashing of teeth.

RHJMap.jpg

I have a couple for you all to ponder.

1. I was run over by a car

2. I went to at least one horse race

3. I once guarded the President of the United States

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I have a couple for you all to ponder.

1. I was run over by a car

2. I went to at least one horse race

3. I once guarded the President of the United States

~Lady B

B)

Lady B...

It would not surprise me if ye had been run over by a car (Yer a hardy lass, I'll give ye that).

Ye ride horses, I'd be very surprised if ye hadn't been t' a horse race.

But guardin' the President o' the United States! Would that be durin' a Civil War re-enactment?

I'd say two and three be true (if ye count guardin' someone pretendin' t' be the president). Number one be the lie.