Two truths and a Lie

William Brand

The rules: You post three statements (or longer anecdotes; that can be more fun sometimes) about yourself, two of which are true. People guess which. After folks have been guessing for a while, you reveal it and we see who was right and who was wrong. Then somebody else does one. (And there's no reason not to have several going at once...)

Okay, my three...

I was in an apple commercial.

I buried a body in Mexico.

I was in a street riot in Jerusalem.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

# 1 is true

I was in a Washington Apple commercial with Will Rogers Junior when I was six years old. Since they don't show Washington Apple Commercials in Washington State, I have yet to see the finished commercial. My grandmother and a cousin are the only people I know who ever personally saw it. I recently contacted the Washington Apple Board of Directors, but they don't archive old commercials so I will probably never see it.

#2 is false

I didn't bury a body in Mexico, I only helped cover it. It was the body of a man who had been ejected from his truck during a roll over accident. His face was utterly destroyed from the impact on the highway. I still remember the brains and teeth on the road.

#3 is true

While living in Jerusalem we were at the Holy Sepulcre. The Palestinian school next door suddenly flung open all of its doors and a body of protestors poured into the courtyard bearing an open coffin carrying the body of a 14 year old paper boy that Isreali police had gunned down the previous day. Violence insued. Rocks. Shouting. We were able to slip away along the fringes just before Isreali troops began shooting at the crowd. I believe that nine protestors and a few Isreali troops were injured before it was all over.

NEXT!

Alright....

1. I've been shot in the leg.

2. I've smuggled weapons into another country.

3. I've witnessed a volcanic eruption in Hawai'i.

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Alright....

I don't remember you ever mentioning Hawaii, though I may be wrong. Also, you may have smuggled weapons in to Canada for an event, so two is probably true.

I'm going with 1 and 2.

Such confidence....

Are them's yer final answers?

:rolleyes:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

1. I used to clean sewers and storm drains

2. I was the lead "crab wrangler" for the movie "The Abyss"

3. I was once a gang member

Actually, it's one and three.

1. Back in the day ("the day" being the early 80's) I used to clean and test sewers and storm drains and repair hydrolic equipment. You know those big trucks with the tanks on the back and the large tube running across the top of them? I used to operate one of those.

2. I was the co-crab wrangler for "The Abyss", not the lead crab wrangler. They wanted odd-looking crabs for the scene in the submarine where a crab crawls out of a corpse and freaks out one of the divers, so we used a hermit crab outside of its shell. We pumped tranquilizers into the water so that we could lure him out for that scene.

3. I grew up in a rather rough neighborhood and became a nominal member of one of the local gangs for protection. Didn't mean that I took part in any gang-related activities or was even invited to; it meant that some of the local guys looked after me.

RHJMap.jpg

Alright....

No more takers, eh?

1 and 3 are true, 2 is false

1. When I was 12 I was shot in the leg with a shotgun by an overzelous fool who lived near some woods my freinds & I played in alot. I didn't know I was shot until much later, when I noticed my jeans were screwed up by my knee and they were wet & sticky there. It's amaizing what adrenaline rush will do...

2. No I've never smuggled weapons in or out of a country, they've always been declaired at the border when going into or out of Canada, etc.

3. While in Hawai'i on a business trip, there was a minor eruption of one of the volcanic regions, I 'witnessed it on live tv... Watching it as it happened from my hotel room. nothing hugh mind you, but it was an eruption...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Dorian, I decided that Will would know better than me so I didn't bother guessing. Besides, I would have been wrong.

Okay, this should be easy because I am pretty sure I have mentioned all of these in the past someplace on this web site.

1. I was inured in a street fight.

2. I bunji jumped off the New River Gorge bridge.

3. I won a 2 year lease on a Jaguar.

Hmmm....

Silkie...

1 be th' lie...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Here we go then...in honor of it being nearly Halloween....

1. I have a real skeleton in my closet.

2. I have tombstones in my backyard.

3. I encased my girlfriend in plaster, and now she is mine forever more.

1. I once shipped a dead animal illeaglly across the US

2. I was once classified as "mentally retarded"

3. I'm working on a Phd in physics

Since I only had one taker, I'd better fess up.

1 and 2 are true.

1. My cat of seventeen years died. Not knowing where to bury her in my current home, I packed her up as "frozen, perishable" and shipped her to my mother. I did briefly consider writing "perished" instead, but decided not to risk it.

2. On my school records from first to third grade I am offically classified as "mentally retarded." And yes those are the words, a grand lack of political correctness twenty years ago.

3. In actuality its only a masters degree in physics. Having decided I've had my fill and its time for something else, I hope to be done in May.

The possibilities for this are almost endless. Let's see -- how to make these sound exaggerated but not unbelievable? I keep thinking of all truths -- need to devise a lie.

Hmmm... I think I'll make this all a related theme:

1. I have a an official Bacon Number of 3 (that's Three Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon).

2. I have personally met twelve different Nobel Prize winners.

3. There is a reasonably good chance that I will go to Stockholm for the Nobel Prize -- to accept the award.

You think you have this one figured out, don't you. Guess. Double-dog dare you to guess.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Long Tom:

1. I have a real skeleton in my closet.

2. I have tombstones in my backyard.

3. I encased my girlfriend in plaster, and now she is mine forever more.

The first two sound much too believable (I myself have a real human skull in my basement, which was going to me one of my truths)... So I am going with #3 as the lie... although I suspect you've put a spin on the wording to make it the truth. Ah, whatever.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Silkie -- I hesitate to guess, for fear that I forgot your posting this stuff before. However, I'll say ye did NOT get the Jaguar lease.

See? This is unfair. So little has not been revealed about myself somewhere in this Pub... there's almost nothing left to lie about, and most all the truths have been laid bare for all to see.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Cap'n Pete says,

See? This is unfair. So little has not been revealed about myself somewhere in this Pub... there's almost nothing left to lie about, and most all the truths have been laid bare for all to see.

I gives thee a polar extreme. The Mench no naught of me so's i'll play yon game with thee-

1. I've parked my keyster in the back seat of an SR-71.

2. I once held the North American heavyweight wrest'lin belt.

3. At 10 pm on the 4th of July 1976, I sings the "Battle of New Orleans" whilst walkin' through Mildenhall village UK, on me way back to the base.

:lol:

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

OK, let me give this a try.......

1) I was chosen to sing a solo at Carnegie Hall during an High School competition.

2) Got bayoneted by a dead guy, right in the keester.

3) Got shot in the arm trying to cross a street.