Two truths and a Lie

William Brand

for some strange reason --- i think i go with 1 and 3 duchess ;)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

1 is a lie - I did not get into a fist fight with a guy who sexually assualted a friend of mine while I was dressed as the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He punched me, but he hurt himself on the armor I was wearing.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Mmm, this is interesting. Two truths and a lie.

Well then here goes:

1. I once had to make the decision to take a family member off life support. And I held his hand while he died.

2. I once met the actor Bill Pulman and had a drink with him at a South Side Pittsburgh bar..

3. I have talked with many dead people from many different places and times.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

{bump}

I'm going to go with number two, Silkie.

Sorry Jill, that was wrong.

Since it has been up for so long guess I should answer.

1. I am in love with a man I have never met.

Wrong. There is a man that I could easily fall for that I never met ...IF he is EXACTLY as he seems to be however I am in love with an old friend.

2. I have only been in one wedding.

Truth. My sister Michelle's wedding back in 75'. I l wore ORANGE ...looked like the great pumpkin in polyester pleats! I have sung at other weddings but never had to endure the humiliation of another bridesmaid gown!

3. My best friend's husband died at 37.

True. Again my sister Michelle. The husband she married in 75' had an aneurysm burst at age 37 and he passed away before he reached the hospital.

BriarRose,

I think 1. is true and I'm too undecided about 2 and 3.

Here are my three.

1. I flew an airplane over Lake Ontario

2. I served in the US Military

3. I lived outside San Francisco during the Loma Prieta earthquake.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

1. I once had to make the decision to take a family member off life support. And I held his hand while he died.

2. I once met the actor Bill Pulman and had a drink with him at a South Side Pittsburgh bar..

3. I have talked with many dead people from many different places and times.

BriarRose...

I believe one an two are true, three be the lie.

At least I hope three is a lie, cause once the dead find ye can hear 'em they never shut up!

1. I flew an airplane over Lake Ontario

2. I served in the US Military

3. I lived outside San Francisco during the Loma Prieta earthquake.

Haunting Lily...

Two an Three are true, but one is the lie.

Ye said ye lived in San Francisco... So ye could hav been there durin' a quake.

Many of us hav served in the military, an San Franciso is a sweet tour o' duty (hmm...)

I could be wrong but I doubt yer a pilot; so, I'll stick wit' me guess.

okie dokie, i'll take a stab at this :lol:

1. I met and spoke with Tom Berenger in the 1990's, and took a personal check from him.

2. I used to get my kicks by driving donuts around the light posts in the Wal-Mart parking lot after store hours, and nearly rolled my '79 Dart while on 2 wheels one night.

3. I knitted an afghan for my aunt Sissie when i was 16, that she liked to drape over the back of her couch.

1. I flew an airplane over Lake Ontario - True (sorry Jacky). A friend of ours has a small 4 seater airplane and let me fly it for 20 minutes. I wish I could take flying lessons though. That was something I'll never forget.

2. I served in the US Military - False. For several years, I tended bar in a Navy town. So, technically, I did serve in the military but it was drinks I was serving. lol.

3. I lived outside San Francisco during the Loma Prieta earthquake. - True, I lived in Alameda.

1. I flew an airplane over Lake Ontario - True (sorry Jacky). A friend of ours has a small 4 seater airplane and let me fly it for 20 minutes. I wish I could take flying lessons though. That was something I'll never forget.

Technically speakin' Lily, if ye didn't hav the stick durin' take off an landin', ye didn't fly it!

(Aye, it's more of a half-truth, but fun all the same.)

okie dokie, i'll take a stab at this :lol:

1. I met and spoke with Tom Berenger in the 1990's, and took a personal check from him.

2. I used to get my kicks by driving donuts around the light posts in the Wal-Mart parking lot after store hours, and nearly rolled my '79 Dart while on 2 wheels one night.

3. I knitted an afghan for my aunt Sissie when i was 16, that she liked to drape over the back of her couch.

Okie Dokie Maggi...

Boy all o' these could be true.... hmm...

Variations mayhaps... Did ye really get a personal check from Tom? Did the Dart actually get up on two wheels? Did ye knit an afghan or somethin' else?

I guess one and three are true, an two be the lie.

QUOTE (Manglin' Maggi Maloney @ Jul 18 2007, 11:59 PM)

okie dokie, i'll take a stab at this biggrin.gif

I'll take a wild stab. I vote for 2 & 3

I used to tell male ballroom students that the one time in their lives they had control over women was by leading on the dance floor.  :lol:

Nice Lily, but it's been me experience that ye ladies only let us think we are leadin' ye (even on the dance floor).

Well, as it turns out, 1 is true, in a retail sense. I did cashier Mr. Berenger in the 90's.

At the time, i was working for Eckerd Drug, he stopped in as they were filming Rough Riders in the area, and he stopped by for everyday toiletries. And he was wearing his full buckskin garb. I commented to how wonderfully well he looked, stupidly asked if there were a re-enactment somewhere about, to which he smiled and said no. Next thing i know, he's slowly turning his check toward me, allowing me to see his name. I smiled and blushed, he started to give me his ID and i told him i did not need it, thanked him and completed his purchase. And then spent the next few hours being teased. lol, My boss refused to believe me until he tallied my day's run, and saw the check for himself. It was one of those jaw-drop moments for him :lol: I can't help it he didn't believe me when i told him he had The Berenger in his store that day, lol.

2 is true, the car did actually get up on it's two passenger side tires as i rounded a light pole at about 40, lol. i was rambunctious at 17 ;) and a slant-6 is a little too fun to drive slow.

3 is false, i wouldn't know how to knit if my life depended on it, lol. though i do crochette.

Oh! Oh! pick me!!!

1. I have a fiance in St. Albans, England

2. I have been in a knife fight

3. As a child I was kidnapped by gypsies

Picked... but can't tell if the truths are gettin' wilder than the lies.

I'll go wit' William, three be the lie.