Northern CA Renaissance Faire Closing for Good

Absolutely NOT!..I guess your perceptions of the Bay Area are a bit off...The dock for the activities is where the ships would tie up, and , as far as 'seeing', they'd be right in 'front' (Richardsons Bay), and, 'eck, when we do our greetings under the 'Gate to the Cityfront, we look like monsters seven miles out, due to the perceived optics over water!....Yo! Ho!

I'm a late faire monger and went my first time in 1994, but from 1994-1996, I'm glad to have seen what it was really like because those were the first and last years I really had fun at big faire in Southern and in Northern. When there was a definite spirit there and you saw some outstanding art from the vendors and well worth the price they asked. However, I remember reading the article when this corporate git filled with much shameless greedy drool, you're almost tempted to throw him a kerchief. I think the year was 1996 when many of the vendors who had been there for years left replaced by a bunch of medeival looking souvenir shops. Public intoxication was down, the goon squad operated like a bunch of nazis, and a friend who worked the faire was charged with sexual harassment - Wot?!!!!! I as a female went to the faire to get sexually harassed!!! I guess it was her first time at faire. Northern Faire seemed to be a bit better than Southern Faire for a while, but I think the last time I went was 1997 and didn't go for few years and popped by Southern in 2001 and it was dead. I've seen more life at a Puritan Revival.

I 've been going to the smaller faires, much better. I won't be sorry to see them go. I have great memories, but I would rather spend my coin supporting people who understand the real meaning of faire.

Chaeya

Public intoxication was down, the goon squad operated like a bunch of nazis, and a friend who worked the faire was charged with sexual harassment - Wot?!!!!! I as a female went to the faire to get sexually harassed!!! I guess it was her first time at faire. Funny

Funny :ph34r: I recall a rather well endowed friend (me thin as a reed then) being angry as a faireman called for the sheriff, "this woman be a melon smuggler!". We heard about it for weeks, though I imagined it was self promotion, the dear certinly hadn't needed the push up bra.....

I looked at the site for the "Heart of the Forest". I may see that this year, it looks quite nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ARRRR!!! Fear ye not, ye NorCal salts! Me uncle, who be a long-time vendor at many a faire, has asked me ter pass this infermation on ter all of you! He, and a collective of like-minded lubbers, have formed a website ter help rebuild the Northern California RenFaire.

Visit

www.fromashestofaire.org

-ReddFrom Ashes To Faire

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"