What Are You Cooking Tonight?

The Doctor

"Container" being another word for "stomach"?...

Jack and I had our Christmas/Winter Solstice party last Saturday. Unfortunately, quite a few of our friends came down sick so I had food left over. So many of our meals this week have involved leftovers. I think I'll make pasta tonight.

RHJMap.jpg

Tonight: Steak, baked potato & salad

Tomorrow night's tree-trimming dinner party menu:

Prime Rib with red wine gravy

Button Crimini mushrooms, mini carrots, red pepper & green beans, all roasted in the pan with the beef

Mashed Yukon Gold potatoes

And for dessert: Chocolate truffle cake, with Cassis-macerated berries

[Hey, Capn Bob: that rum-laced chili sounds good! Tell us how your experiment works out.]

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Uh oh.... * goes to read the Watch Dog *

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

If I get my new indoor grill in the mail this afternoon (x-mas present), I'll be grilling salmon and vegetables. Still deciding on the rub or sauce for the salmon though.

YES...salmon it is tonight. *happy dance*

Edited by Cpt Sophia M Eisley

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

oooooooooooo Sophia that sounds yummy! Fish on the barbie is always a treat! Or the oven grill :blink:

I'll be cooking my wallet...room service tonight. But hey! no dishes!! :rolleyes:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I just made up some bbq ribs, baked beans, and bunny grub (salad). I would like to say I grilled the ribs outside, in utter defiance of the winter weather we had last night and today (about a foot of the Evil dumped upon us from the heavens, and what did *I* ever do to annoy the gods?)...but if I said that, I'd be telling a lie. I cooked the ribs under the oven broiler.

But let's *say* I grilled it outside, because I *thought* about it...

And a fine time my snowblower picked to go fin out. ("Stop working", in lubber-talk)

Damn, thats sharp!

Decided on a good meal for lunch (when I need the energy), and cooked two teeny buffalo burgers. Ate them sans bun (but with A1), a small salad of fresh greens and a few strips of salmon sashimi on the side (the latter's a first for me -- was good).

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I wish it *were* going to be hot tamale, instead of the bone-numbing cold that is predicted...
Hot Tamale Pie, from a recipe in a WWII cookbook.

Yeah, Cap'n Bob, that Arctic Air Mass heading this way was definitely an inspiration for my choice of cuisine tonight!

Add a margarita, and maybe I can pretend I'm in Baja. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hester
pirate-jenny-text.jpg

And that Arctic Air thingie is here even as I speak. Been bloody cold, and I've stayed inside all day. Watched some movies, played a game (Gallic Wars, if ye must know), read some Pratchett, sipped a toothful of rum (Myer's Dark), and looked at my just arrived today copy of Pirates Magazine.

But how can I be feeling proper piratical when the *high* was 5 degrees?!

Anyway, m'lady, I hope you enjoyed yer food. I might make me long way down to Azteca to eat tomorrow...its all of maybe 3-4 minutes from here. For some reason, Akron Ohio has a fairly decent selection of some fairly decent Mexican restaurants.

I wish it *were* going to be hot tamale, instead of the bone-numbing cold that is predicted...
Hot Tamale Pie, from a recipe in a WWII cookbook.

Yeah, Cap'n Bob, that Arctic Air Mass heading this way was definitely an inspiration for my choice of cuisine tonight!

Add a margarita, and maybe I can pretend I'm in Baja. :rolleyes:

Edited by Capn Bob

Damn, thats sharp!

I made roast beef & Yorkshire pudding last night.

And we had lots of leftovers, so I just finished eating a very nice toasted tomato & rare roast beef sandwich for lunch.

Tonight: more leftover roast beef, heated up in gravy.

[still anaemic. So, I say, "Bring on the beef!]

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• 2 months later...

Store-bought chicken taquitos, and salad.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Fish tacos! Again!

Dining solo tonight. For hors d'oeuvres, I'm eating avocado slices on crackers, while I sip my Corona and wait for the frozen battered fish to bake in the oven.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

The BEST Won Ton Soup anywhere (from a little joint across the street from the Studio...)

Chicken shiu Mai for starters and Peach Champagne with Strawberries. :blink: (sigh)

After that we watch BONES!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif