The World Famous Ojai Pirate Festival

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE AS OF THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ!!!

This highway information is the latest reported as of Friday, September 22, 2006

at 06:56am .

SR 33

[LOS ANGELES & VENTURA CO.'S]

IS CLOSED FROM OJAI (VENTURA CO) TO 9 MI SOUTH OF THE VENTURA/SANTA BARBARA

CO LINE - DUE TO A GRASS FIRE - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

[CENTRAL COAST]

NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

[sOUTH CENTRAL CALIFORNIA]

IS CLOSED AT THE JCT OF SR 166 /IN MARICOPA/ (KERN CO) - DUE TO A BRUSH

FIRE - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

[CENTRAL CALIFORNIA]

NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

i strongly suggest anyone coming to Ojai call Cal Trans 800-427-7623.

Day fire according to KTLA @ 7:07 am - flames are only 10 miles from Ojai -

last nights town meeting residents were told to get ready to get out of here

fast. the fire cheif (who lives on Ojai) told everyone to prepare. pack your

valuables, pack your animals, pack your cars, get ready to get out.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

At 9am:

From Patch, member of PRP:

I just heard the weather bookies calling for 45 MPH Santa Ana Winds,

gusting to 60 MPH, on Saturday. If this turns out to be true, we're

screwed. I suggest a "Bug-out" plan be formulated, and a means of

determining when to start it. While our main fear is the fire itself,

the practical problem will be Hwy 33 choked with evacuees and fire

crews. It might mean that those of us who motel it in Ventura, might not

be allowed in on Sunday.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Re: Fire situation....just spoke (12:00 noon friday) with a person on site, working at Lake Casitas where faire is....right now the sky is blue, they can see no smoke and temp. is in mid-eighties. the fire is a good "three mountain ranges" away, he said, at least about 15 miles.....there are people at the faire site now setting up..... there is the possibility of winds tomorrow that may or may not cause some smoke to drift in their location.....no one is sure....but I'll be there!

Well, well....

Another fine faire sez I!

Finally met so many of you in person!!!!

Petee, Leather Neck, Cascabel, Oderlesseye, Billy Bones... and the list goes on and on!

Of course, then there's Iron Bess. What can I say. My whole family thanks you from the deepest recesses of their black little hearts. That goes for little CowBoy too. What a wonderful experience Monday was!!!

The studios are such a magical place and I'm sure much of that magic comes from someone like you being there. Thanks for sharing. :)

And to all who I got to meet up with again...Here's to a grand time! ;)

I'll post pics soon. And the Voodoo shack was an unexpected success!

Of course, then there's Iron Bess. What can I say. My whole family thanks you from the deepest recesses of their black little hearts. That goes for little CowBoy too. What a wonderful experience Monday was!!!

The studios are such a magical place and I'm sure much of that magic comes from someone like you being there. Thanks for sharing. :)

Oh ho!!... the pleasure was ALL mine m'lad....

I'm so happy you all could take that extra day and drive down to the studio lot. Your family is so precious and I enjoyed every minute of it!

After the next movie comes out... you'll have to share your little *I know something you don't know!* secret with the rest of the Pub. :ph34r:

I enjoyed the day so much and you and you're clan ( and CowBoy of course...) are always welcome on the Disney doorsteps. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It was a great faire the winds that were expected never showed up the soot and ash they said was horrible never showed up but all around the area I mena as close as miles away cars had ash coverings. On Saturday a slight smell of smoke was about the gatherings local in the afternoon and the evening breeze blew that off and the night was smokeless. The faire was enourmous and the numbers hadn't come back but I heard parking shut down and there wasn't any left on Sunday!!!!! HUGE! Too everyone (way too many to even consider remembering), you are all the greatest... in all the faires I go and work and all the places where egos run rampant...(most all of you know what I mean) not once, nowhere, not at all (and we are suppose to be the bad guys PIRATES you know) this faire went smooth and easy like a clock made in switzerland! thank you to all for this years great success! Huzzah! What a gruop pic heh?

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

You can see my pics over in Rabble Rousing.

Jacky Tar, I don't think I ever got to meet you. Had to go home Sat. night, fell ill due to the smoke.

"Sorry, Rumba I wish we had met, maybe next time. I had my family wit' me and me youngest was dazzled by all the swag!"

"I think I saw ye wit' PoTC fer a second, but when I came back ye was gone."

I had a great time even though I was burned out by the end of the weekend. I was gld to see familiar faces like Ace, Billy Bones, Casacabal, Jacky Tar, Patrick and others and to meet new faces with familiar names Oderlesseye. I know there are thoses I didn't get to meet since I was bust performing and with various other duties. Sorry I missed you maybe next time. Is our group photo posted anywhere yet?

It was a wonderful faire and I look forward to next year without the fire danger. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

I got to meet a few folks. Odorless Eye, thanks so much for stopping by specially to visit me in the Bang and Boom shack! By the way, if you ever see me and Tales of the Seven Seas at an overnight event, stop by for some of my famous rum cake!

Oderlesseye thanks ye kindly and will have sum dat cake one day....

Definately take Jill up on the rum cake!

I missed out on that and everything else that Tales did... that's the price for being a vendor I guess.

AHHH ACe Ye was not missin any thing when ye be the center of attention for the wee ones. And ye was in fact a fyne example at that !

It twas a pleasure ta meetin ye and all too many to mention. Huzza !

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

That's a fyne group photo indeed!

Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. It was great to meet Rumba and see Petee, Leatherneck, Skull Pyrate Carter and Arthur Richards. I was a very busy pirate running between the Tales of the Seven Seas encampment (where I performed a pirate wedding on Saturday night, hence the fancy garb) and helping out at the Voodoo Shack.

A grand time, indeed! :lol: