It just gets better with each spin!

JoshuaRed

I'm listening to the POTC score again....this thing is SO DAMN FREAKIN' GOOD. Rousing beyond belief! I'm listening to it daily now...helps get me thru those long office afternoons. Oh sure, it may look like I'm perched in front of a Mac, but my mind is a thousand miles and three hundred years away, engaged in a riotous high-seas battle! :huh::huh::huh:

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I've been meaning to ask someone who has the soundtrack. Does it have any of the music that's low and driving. It usually accompanies the badguys when they're doing something piraty. Only I'm pretty sure it's a variant of the medieval dies irae theme and I'm a music history grad student. I've been meaning to do a paper on Dies Irae in pop culture because it's in POTC, and Road to El Dorado, and a cheesy vampire movie called Love Bites. I'm sure it's other movies too, but finding recordings is a bit difficult, and emailing the composers aside, soundtracks and video tapes are the best evidence.

Umm...I mean...err...arr! What 'r you lookin' at you pile of rat's droppings!

-Blackeye Susan

Evidence be not a dirty word, 'less it's somehow related t' me. I don't mind 'em Navy folk havin' "evidence" o' pirates in foreign waters, as long as they overlook t' pirates just under their noses. "Evidence" can also be quite misleading if'n it be planted, or even a saving grace if it be handled improperly. Just look at the OJ trial. If only Kidd were lucky enough t' be tried nowadays.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I seem ta' recall that someone here was asking after sheetmusic to th' soundtrack. I found 6 of the songs available as sheet music downloads at www.sheetmusicdirect.com today (they cost $3.95 ea, talk about pirates...) - you have to search by artist (Klaus Badelt brings them all up) or by actual song title. Also, apparently Amazon.com is going to have a POTC songbook available this month with 8 songs in it. (List $14.95, amazon price ~$10.50 or so...) (Found thru a link at sheet music direct to Hal Leonard Corp site...)

Now going away and butcher, er, I mean play "He's a Pirate".... :ph34r:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:ph34r:

Aye, the score be amazin'! :ph34r: I have it mem'rized quite well, like the movie itself, so when I play the score, I can basically see what's happenin' wehnt the music plays in the movie, and I can identify any part of the music. I wanted it so bad when Pirates came out, I dashed on over to Best Buy the day it came out, and plundered me own copy.

It has a combination of great themes (like Jack's theme, the adventure-y theme, Barbossa's theme), and it be so much fun to listen to. The good themes will play out their enjoyability factor when the sequel comes out. We will be watchin' the new film and suddenly, a familiar tune plays in the background... and brings a smile to a pyrate's face. ^^ One of the best things about sequels.

Ev'ryone should get it! If you like or love the movie, you'll love the score. I give it two enthusiatic Captain Wolfy paws up!

Captain Wolfy Wench

The movie came out July 9..by that Weekend I was going stir Crazy looking for the score...Bloody geniuses at Disney didn't release it until the Begining of August...I ordered it from the Happiest place on earth (To me that be Borders), recieved it the second week of August and it has not left my Car CD player since...Every time Bloody Nirvana comes on the Radio(which is ridiculously way too often)...POTC is there to save the day.

I play it in the morning when I am tired...in the evening, on my way to fencing, and going for a walk...It is definatly the best Soundtrack out there right now.

:ph34r::ph34r:

Aye the score to PotC is fantastic. Play if often and if ya likin it ya might be lik'n the CD entitled "The Journey" by Potsch Potschka from EarthTone records. The cover has an old world map in blue on it and the tunes are great tis a wonder that someone doesn't use it for a Pirate film. Tracks 4, 5, 7 and 10 are me favorites. I flip back a forth betix the two constantly.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

AYE!

I LOVE the soundtrack! Said many times before, I know. But it's what a friend o' mine calls :: has to do it, the amused Barbossa eye roll:: .. pissy German music.

Klaus did a fine job with the assistance of Hans Zimmer. For something so short notice, it's amazing! My fav track.. being track 7. Just makes you stand tall, want to take what you can, etc... The title is rather approriate to it - Barbossa is hungry - eventhough all the others really don't match up that well.

The soundtrack is well worth it.

I heard the Import is supposed to have more tracks on it.. thus far, I haven't seen any difference. I was told the Import was availabll via Spain, France, & South Asia. However, I did find it available on Amazon.com .... I believe.

But.. I agree with my friend... it's pissy, bold music that can stir more than the soul! It's stirring with the beginning which for those of you who have seen the movie God knows how many times :: raises hand, has seen it 18 times::: you can pretty much remember what scene goes with what score or track. I've even caught meself talkin' along with track 5 at the beginning & end, where Barbossa tells Elizabeth about the Aztec gold. Rather fun.

I had to speial order it, since it was not shipped in troves here, let alone once it hit the shelves, it was gone! No joke! Mine took nearly 3 weeks to get! It's nuts! But.. I love it... wearing it out.. eventually will have to buy another I am sure. :ph34r:

PotC soundtrack is definitely a must have! :ph34r:

Huzzah!

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...

So what be your favorite tracks and why?

Mine be track 14 as I imagine Jack seeing the Pearl sailing into the scene and him being pulled aboard by an overhead shackle. I want to be pulled away and sail across the entire world. Bring me that horizon.

:lol:;);)

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

So what be your favorite tracks and why?

Mine be track 14 as I imagine Jack seeing the Pearl sailing into the scene and him being pulled aboard by an overhead shackle. I want to be pulled away and sail across the entire world. Bring me that horizon.

I LOVE 'EM ALL!!

Well...I DO have one, or two...or five...favorites...depending on my mood.

Since I'm not TOO sure about the tracks {'cause my CD is in the trunk...with a remote that is USUALLY under my seat somewhere... ;) }...I'll go by 'scenes'....

#3: Jack and Will in the smithy {tracks 3 & 4??)

#2: 'The chase' - when the Pearl is pursuing the Interceptor {tracks...eek...6, 7, and/or 8...and maybe 9??} ACK!! I'll pay attention better next time....

#1: Jack and Barbossa in the cave {tracks 11, 12} But specifically the END of track 12...the triumphant music that leads into the blow-up-the-pirates-slit-palm-toss-coin-shoot-Barbossa-drop-coin-break-the-curse bit. B)

However - I also like the invading pirates music...especially in rush hour traffic...and I do love 14 and 15 -

Ya know - I just love the whole thing!!!

Aren't ya glad you asked.... B)

das

• 4 weeks later...
I'm listening to the POTC score again....this thing is SO DAMN FREAKIN' GOOD. Rousing beyond belief! I'm listening to it daily now...helps get me thru those long office afternoons. Oh sure, it may look like I'm perched in front of a Mac, but my mind is a thousand miles and three hundred years away, engaged in a riotous high-seas battle! :rolleyes::huh::huh:

Tis okay, it happens.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Aye, quite the symphonic romp. I knows a good tune when I 'ears one, but for finer music I depends on me 7-year olds opinions (I gots three of 'em, not triplets, though). They can "sing" most of the themes from the POTC soundtrack. They exhibited the same behaviors wif the Lord of the Rings soundtrack.

;)

I downloaded it too, and it is awesome!

I listen to it while I'm writing my pyrate stories; puts me in the mood.

EXCELLENT soundtrack! Beautifully enhances a visually stimulating movie, and stands alone as a masterpiece! If you don't have it, what are ye a waiting for?

Black Bart's Ghost

"Ye can touch me rum, but nobody touches me booty!"

I seem ta' recall that someone here was asking after sheetmusic to th' soundtrack. I found 6 of the songs available as sheet music downloads at www.sheetmusicdirect.com today (they cost $3.95 ea, talk about pirates...) - you have to search by artist (Klaus Badelt brings them all up) or by actual song title. Also, apparently Amazon.com is going to have a POTC songbook available this month with 8 songs in it. (List $14.95, amazon price ~$10.50 or so...) (Found thru a link at sheet music direct to Hal Leonard Corp site...)

Now going away and butcher, er, I mean play "He's a Pirate".... :ph34r:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:blink:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, SORRY TO SHOUT, BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED YOU JUST MADE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh WOW . . . FINALLY, finally, there's some PotC SHEET MUSIC that's going to come out!!!!!!!! I have wanted this SO BADLY!!!!!!!

*tries to contain excitement, finally gives up*

Oh, _man_ . . . this is SO going on my Christmas list . . . I'm definitely going to ask for the book itself instead of paying 4 bucks for each song online . . . and until Christmas, I have the free first page of each song from the website to entertain me . . . oh, my gosh, thank you BoneHunterLane, so very very very much!!!! You've made my month!!! :ph34r:B)B)

:(

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

Why, blackbartsghost, whatever would make you say that? *grins*

Yes, quite excited. PotC is coming out in two days, there's SHEET MUSIC out now (oh, that is so wonderful), and I finally plunked down the dough to get a nice Sparrow-esque hat from Excalibur Leather . . . I dunno if I can contain all this piratical (is that a word?) excitement all at once.

STILL estatic about the sheet music. Between that and PotC on DVD, I don't know if I'm going to make it until December 25th! ;-)

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

Well it seems that we are all in agreement that Klaus Badelt deserves an academy award for the POTC Soundtrack right? And that it is prpbably the Soundtrack of the year, right? And that it is an adrenaline charged soundtrack that evokes the spirit of the film and suits the action right?

Well the genius reviewer from Renaisance Magazine (Paul Andrew Maclean) said and I quote "The score is also weak and fails to provide the propulsive adrenaline that this movie craves." The man must be smoking black lotus....

I say we bombard him e-mails and letters untill they fire him...he is a moron...he hated the movie ( he also didin't like the Two Towers and called it "Dark" It's supposed to be dark ye scurvey ridden ponce.