Keith Richards in POTC#3

Rumba Rue

"We're all looking forward to the idea of Keith coming in and doing a cameo," Depp told a London news conference

Which means... it's still an idea.

It does not mean he WON'T come ....but it also does not mean he will.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the midnight premiere at the El Capitan, the Disney suites said Keith Richards had signed the contract. That doesn't mean he'll stay upright long enough to shoot the scene, but I'm only repeating the word from the Disney suits.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Just caught this over at Fox News -

Rolling Stones' Keith Richards Says He Has Recovered From Fall, Is Ready for Tour

Monday, July 10, 2006

MILAN, Italy — On the eve of the relaunching of the Rolling Stones' European tour, Keith Richards said he's recovered completely from a head injury suffered in a fall — and shrugged off a question about whether he had worried about dying.

"I feel great. I can't wait to get back on the stage again. Basically everything is cool," Richards said Monday. The 62-year-old guitarist fell from a tree April 27 while vacationing in Fiji, forcing the Stones to postpone their European tour.

He later had surgery in New Zealand to relieve pressure on his brain.

"Of course they put me out like a light. I was surprised myself. ... I had total comfort. When you got to do it, you got to do it," Richards said.

The Stones were to resume their "A Bigger Bang" tour Tuesday at Milan's San Siro stadium. The 21-date tour wraps up Sept. 3 in Denmark.

Asked what he's been doing since the fall, Richards responded, "I recovered. ... Six weeks, I mean not bad for a brain job."

Did he ever worry about dying? "Good one," he said, good-naturedly.

The Stones were in a jovial mood, and when the inevitable question came — what was Richards doing up in a coconut tree and did he find what he wanted? — everyone was ready to set the record straight.

"That's a good one. If you saw the tree, you'd realize the joke. Fiji is not just made of coconut trees. It was a little tree," Richards said.

Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood were eager to illustrate the point, indicating a height less than half of Richards.

Richards also confirmed his role in the third installment of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, saying he'd be filming for a week or so in September. Richards is to have a cameo role as the father of the flamboyant Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp.

"Now I know why (Depp) paid for all those lunches," Richards deadpanned.

Asked what success meant to the Rolling Stones after 44 years, Richards responded: "The opportunity to continue." His bandmates nodded in agreement.

Any bets as to whether he ends up with the Port Royale piggies? :P

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I suggest...

Everyone hold onto your hopes and IF and WHEN he is ON THE LOT, IN COSTUME AND ON THE SET.... then we will have a chance at success.

(shrug) We are all hoping for the best. :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

As always, I take these reports with a grain of salt, Bess. You've yet to steer us wrong. :P

I still have doubts they can keep him upright for more than 3 minutes unless they stuff him in a barrel. :P

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Ugh, I still think it's a bad idea. People want this guy to remember lines? Sheesh, how ridiculous! They'll have to hold up his lines on big cue cards and I bet even then he'll be flubbing them and slurring his speech! *shakes head* Honestly, I don't see where Jack is any way like Keith Richards, except for those trinket things in his hair. Other than that he's nothing like the guy! The first time I saw the 1st movie, seeing Jack run around and all, the idea of Keith never came to mind. Oh, whatever, these movies are becoming like the Austin Powers movies. The first one was the best, taken more seriously, but still had some funny moments. But then with the sequels it was like a free for all, anything goes. Everything was laid out in the first one so now it can be all about fun and also be funny. I'm sure I'll like the 2nd one just like how I liked all the Austin Powers movies, it's just that the 1st will always be the best, the one that started it all.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

God, he looks like he'd be better off in one of the Mummy movies. Then all he'd have to do is lay there. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I think a drug-addled but surprisingly resilient old rocker is perfect for Jack's dad!

Pirates weren't exactly teetotallers, after all. [Hmmm ... Q for the Captain Twill set -- didn't pirates indulge in opium in addition to rum?]

In fact, I'd like to see Pete Doherty play Jack's younger black sheep brother in PotC4:

pete2big.jpg

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I think a drug-addled but surprisingly resilient old rocker is perfect for Jack's dad!

Pirates weren't exactly teetotallers, after all.  [Hmmm ... Q for the Captain Twill set -- didn't pirates indulge in opium in addition to rum?]

It's one thing to play a character who stumbles about and so on, but another when the person playing the part is really screwed up and a mess for real! It's ridiculous! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Again.... don't believe everything you read. :ph34r:

AND.... as tired as I am of being told I'm not being honest with people about this, when and if it comes to pass, I do NOT want folks stepping up, pointing a finger in my face and saying *Ha! I knew you where lying when you said he wasn't in it!* Keeping what I know secure, that.... is my JOB.

Folks, I know more about these movies then you can imagine. Then you would want to imagine and most of you do a pretty good job let me tell you. I CANNOT SHARE THINGS no matter how badly I may want to tell you or how badly you want to hear them. And even when I can share something, if it's not what you want to hear you don't believe it anyhow.

So... if Richards steps on screen looking terrific in POTC 3 you will or won't be surpised.... but I already know and not telling anyone does not make me a liar, thank you very much.

Can you tell I've been lambasted from the side on this? (sigh)

It really IS just a movie mates. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well, from the rumor mill of a passing comment by someone who didn't see the filming of Keith Richards but worked on the POTC film and was a dinner guest of one of the speakers at an event that had nothing to do with POTC (you get my meaning here, don't you?)

On top of that, it sounds like Mr. Richards' rumored performance may just end up on the cutting room floor, hence he wouldn't be in the movie "again".

But it sure is nice to play the speculation game. However until I see up on screen, it's nothing but a rumor.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Pirates weren't exactly teetotallers, after all.

Tell that to Bartholomew Roberts ( Black Bart) a man who took more ships than Blackbeard did in Blackbeards dreams. Not only was he a Tea-totaller he also had church services aboard as well and was extreme into discapline. He was actually killed by cannonball and was dumped into the sea before the Brits boarded the vessle.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Well, from the rumor mill of a passing comment by someone who didn't see the filming of Keith Richards but worked on the POTC film and was a dinner guest of one of the speakers at an event that had nothing to do with POTC (you get my meaning here, don't you?)

On top of that, it sounds like Mr. Richards' rumored performance may just end up on the cutting room floor, hence he wouldn't be in the movie "again".

But it sure is nice to play the speculation game.  However until I see up on screen, it's nothing but a rumor.

this could be a possibity why........Kieth Richards

At Least he has the right Spirit for the part :rolleyes:

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Keith Richards was not drunk nor stoned on the set. He did not cause any problems and filming was on schedule. He fits right in!

Even tho I am not thrilled that Keith is doing a cameo in the film, it's not the end of the world to have Keith do a small bit. Johnny wanted Keith to be in the film, and yes, it was extra work for the writers to try and fit his part in, but it was done.

Keith is a rock and roll legend whether you like him or not. He is one of the best guitar players in the world.

We all have our vices in life, whether it be drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, sex, food, money...and no one is a perfect being. There's a very wise old saying:

live and let live!

kttcsignature.jpg

Keith Richards was not drunk nor stoned on the set. He did not cause any problems and filming was on schedule. He fits right in!

Even tho I am not thrilled that Keith is doing a cameo in the film, it's not the end of the world to have Keith do a small bit. Johnny wanted Keith to be in the film, and yes, it was extra work for the writers to try and fit his part in, but it was done.

Keith is a rock and roll legend whether you like him or not. He is one of the best guitar players in the world.

We all have our vices in life, whether it be drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, sex, food, money...and no one is a perfect being. There's a very wise old saying:

live and let live!

How do you know this for a fact? Your source could be a rumour too. As Bess said, don't believe everything you read or hear. I do know one thing, Keith is pretty damn fried from years of drug abuse. And he also does slur his words. But we shall see what happens when the 3rd movie comes out.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg