Port Royal, Jamaica

sirhenrymorgan

Sibling glowered at sibling with not another word in stubborn defience. It was Sabastian that broke off first, leaving the post so rigidly held. Moving along the parameter of the room, Sterling always regarded in peripheral view, he came to stop in front of laden table. Sliced mango was decided upon after aloof inspection and consumed. Another was selected before Sabastian turned fully around to face them. Unknowing of Guest's language prowess, he chose French as verbal rapier.

"Fine, Renard....I will give into your wishes, but only with this emparting of wisdom. Enjoy your company, but do not be fool enough to think that you are anything more than a trinket to be used and cast aside."

The mango slice held was eaten with slow chewing motion as Sabastian moved back towards the door. "You are unwise to consider it any more than that and may wish to find some other place for offering yourself as Gadje sacrifice...Andre' will not stay away forever. If you are lucky, your little swim has not left you with a lifelong regret not so easily disposed of...or accepted."

The Gatekeeper's watched the carriage draw near with mild interest, the woman in its' care more so. One glanced to the other then to the man who's approach seemed over careful, something that did well to arouse their suspicion.

"Lost yer way, sirruh?" one queried while the other eased back the lock on concealed pistol.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fine, Renard....I will give into your wishes, but only with this emparting of wisdom. Enjoy your company, but do not be fool enough to think that you are anything more than a trinket to be used and cast aside."

"You are unwise to consider it any more than that and may wish to find some other place for offering yourself as Gadje sacrifice...Andre' will not stay away forever. If you are lucky, your little swim has not left you with a lifelong regret not so easily disposed of...or accepted."

“Condamner vos yeux ! Demander pardon tout de suite et pas à moi, à la dame !” Sterling said, his voice low. He spun on his heel and made his way to the other man before Sabastian could make good his escape from the room. “Who here sir, is truly trapped in ridiculous opinions, formed by bitter ancestors?”

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Sabastian chuckled wryly to current turn of event, " An apology, monsieur? You are bold to demand anything more than has already been taken. And what would you know of our ways beyond what you obviously picked up in a word here or there?"

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

"A pistol and hangar on each," Sized Reiley, as he made his approach towards the two guards. "However, a carbine and three tankards behind them says there's was yet another, who hadn't of yet made his presence known."

It was obvious that a fight on their terms would be the end of him. Not to mention the safety of Mistress Lilly would be in jeopardy. Such was a risk he might take for himself, however at present there was more at stake than his own hide.

"Not at all friend." Grinned Reilley, as he allowed his jacket to open freely, thus revealing both his pistol and sword in a show of curtosey to emply no tricks were to be attempted. "However, m-lady back there and I are searching for a friend of ours, who might have passed this way. You see, our friend is not exactly of the best health and should this be the case, I would be personally very grateful for any assistance that could be offered."

Perhaps it was the way in which Reiley approached or the "as a matter of fact way" in which he spoke. However, when the first guard finally noticed the less than sightly blade on Reiley's hip, a business-like scowl produced a somewhat reluctant grin.

"I'll be damned", the guard nodded, in appreciation. "You knew Grady Lords?"

"A damn good man." Replied Reiley, as he returned the smile.

"Then that would be his 'sleeping dog' then wouldn't it?" admired the guard, revealing an area of backstreet knowlege.

"There's nothing, more ugly..." Insisted Reiley, as he produced a flask, slipped the cork and offered it to the first guard.

“Taken? You speak as if I,” Sterling caught himself quickly. Yes it was true that he had not forced himself upon his hostess, to his mind he had not even seduced, it had been of mutual consent and although not well thought out perhaps, he had certainly been under the impression that both partners had been most considerate of the other. He looked to Aurore then back to the man who seemed, in some way to find the whole incident disagreeable and yet amusing at the same time. He could not continue, any further debate would only accomplish putting the girl in a disagreeable light. How could he say she was just as much a willing partner as he?

“How little you know of others,” he said. “You make judgments of the rest of the world. You shut people out or use them in as vile a way as they have used you. You make the excuse that you are protecting your own, and yet, in the next moment you turn around and repeat the same vicious behavior to those whom you claim to be outsiders..…. Why? In order to sleep better at night? I know all to well the ways of the hypocrite. And you sir, are no better and I fear, have very little right to judge me as well as anyone else, including this lady!”

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Sabastian eyed Sterling with amusement, stepping around him and over to where kindred watched interchange.

"Well said, monsieur...Though I profess that as well you might tout your words of fine turned rights and wrongs, you know nothing of what we have endured."

He moved behind Aurore, placing a light kiss on her cheek before refixing full attention to Sterling, "Perhaps you are correct to say I assume too much in regard to yourself...But, as to the Lady, as you call her, I have loved her since the day she took first breath and shall do so long after you tire of her charms. I know her better than you ever will, for it is a brother's duty to do so."

edit

He moved behind Aurore, placing a light kiss on her cheek before refixing full attention to Sterling, " Perhaps you are correct to say I assume to much in regard to yourself...But, as to the lady, as you call her, I have loved her since the day she took first breath and shall do so long after you tire of her charms. I know her better than you ever will, for it is a brother's duty to do so."

Brother? so that was the lay of the land, he thought.

"You say you assume too much regarding myself and yet you still continue to judge me... Mayhaps it is you, sir, who tire so quickly of your lover's charms and casually toss her back into her world, obviously not one of your own I would wager!" Sterling remarked angrily... then shook his head. "Well enough then, judge if you feel the need," Sterling said. "As long as you do not continue to belittle your sister, and aye, Lady indeed. Funny how a brother cannot see such qualities in his own kin and yet he claims to know the ways of the world so well."

Sterling stood, watching both now. He had never felt so trapped in all his life. At the moment, he wanted nothing more than to return to town... but if he took his leave, he would only prove the other man right and he had not the desire to do so... not only that, but if he left what of the girl? He meant no harm to come to her, especially by his own hand, if he left would she, now that family had come home to find her in such a compromising position, would she breathe a sigh of relief? Or would she take his leaving as something that showed her brother had spoken the truth? If he knew how she felt it would all be to easy a matter to settle, but it had just happened and it was far too early for such things as words of love to have passed between them. He looked at Aurore, fixing his gaze on her and her alone.

"Tis all my fault," he whispered. "I never meant to cause you any harm."

Crewe of the Archangel

"There's nothing, more ugly..." Insisted Reiley, as he produced a flask, slipped the cork and offered it to the first guard.

Mistress Lilly sat uncomfortably in the carriage waiting for the good doctor to proceed with his ‘cunning plan’. She bit her nail and looked up at the estate. “I must manage to get in there.” She muttered to herself. Call it woman’s intuition, but she felt a twinge in her stomach every time she looked up at it. “I know your there, Johnny. I’ll figure out a way.”

As Reiley continued to entertain the guards with talk and drink, Lilly slowly slid out of the carriage from its’ opposite side facing the estate. She inched herself along the wall until she was soon out of sight. Looking for some way to get into the estate itself, she managed to find a break in the wall and pulled herself through it. Now she was only yards from the main house. As slowly snuck up towards the back of it…completely oblivious to the two guards, but made Reiley choke on his rum.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Christophe made sure footed up the slight incline of path that lead from clear stream to paddocks balancing ackward burden of wooden pails. A contrast of color caught his attention near garden's edge and he bent slowly to rest his load on soil below. Slipping quickly to the concealment of nearest tree trunk, he stayed stock still and waited with patience learned in past Parisian occupation; patience that struck pay dirt with a minute's passing.

Trickster's smile floated his expression as she was sighted again darting from cover to a stacking of empty barrels. Christophe allowed her to find sanctuary, then crossed the space between with stealth, and hesitating on wooden barrier's opposit side. Christophe waited to see if she would dare the open in order to gain rear entrance, then quickly navigated around blockade to see her crouched in a pool of satins.

"Bonjour madame, I think you are too early for the Ball and apologize that we were not better notified to accommodate your arrival..."

Christophe leaned against exterior wall support cassually, the smile widening to Lilly's start.

Sterling stood, watching both now.  He had never felt so trapped in all his life.  At the moment, he wanted nothing more than to return to town... but if he took his leave, he would only prove the other man right and he had not the desire to do so... not only that, but if he left what of the girl?  He meant no harm to come to her, especially by his own hand, if he left would she, now that family had come home to find her in such a compromising position, would she breathe a sigh of relief?  Or would she take his leaving as something that showed her brother had spoken the truth?  If he knew how she felt it would all be to easy a matter to settle, but it had just happened and it was far too early for such things as words of love to have passed between them.  He looked at Aurore, fixing his gaze on her and her alone.

"Tis all my fault," he whispered.  "I never meant to cause you any harm."

Sabastian continued to wear expression of secret amusement as he leaned close to sister's hearing. Aurore's eyes flit away from Sterling briefly in reponse to what was whispered. Her brother drew away fixing the other man with impish grin before walking nonchalantly toward's the door. Gaining thresh hold surround Sabastian paused with a nod to Sterling, punctuated with smug bearing.

"You are successful, monsieur...Do not dare a mockery of my conclusions." He lingered a moment longer, chuckling at some private joke then moved into the hallway and on to the stairwell.

Aurore' kept placement, the linen mantle held white knuckle tight in one small fist. Heavy breath was exhaled as if great repreave were granted on Gallow's Day. She looked like a lost waif, eyes cast to the smooth plank flooring just afore Sterling's standing. When she spoke, it was with ghostly half cast of normal tone, "My brother was testing you...and myself, as well."

Uncertainty plagued Aurore's being and greatest fear lay in what he might read in her eyes if they were elevated to his own.

"... So there we were," contunued Reiley, as he entertained the guards. "Down to our last shot each and our horses all but ready to drop. When ol' Grady says..."

But before Reiley can continue his tale, he notices Lilly as she sneaks onto the estate. As he suddenly begins to choke at another unexpected invasion by Mistress McKinney.

"You alright mate?" offers the 1st guard, as his young and possibly mute companion watches on in disbelief.

"Went down the wrong hatch!" Insists Reiley, as he turns and repositions himself so the guards have their back toward the direction of which Lilly had taken.

"Blast," Thinks Reiley. She knows nothing about the third guard, who most likely is off in the brush relieving himself. "Ah, but you're on Boy-O. Best to keep em busy."

"Now, seeing that I was already worse for the wear," Continues Reiley. "ol' Grady reigns in on his horse and tells me to give him mey pistol... I mean, what could I do? after all this is Grady Lords, by God! So I hand him me pistol and without another word, he turns his horse and charges back into the cloud of dust of which we just came, howling like a madman...."

“Testing?” Sterling could not help but smile and turn away chuckling. “The bloody bastard!” He came back to her and hugged her. “Damn near scared the life from me when that door was thrown open. With nothing to protect you….I …” he could not help but hold her tighter at the nagging thought, then suddenly he picked her up off her feet and twirled her about. “He does make sound sense though, I must confess. Although we have started off in a most.. ahem…“ he cleared his throat. “A most enjoyable manner, mayhaps you would allow me to make matters right between us? Perchance you would allow me to court you properly?” He paused a moment and gently lowered her back to her feet. “Does this brother of yours always test you? I could certainly understand looking out after one’s sister, but to test you of all people… why?”

Crewe of the Archangel

Aurore's senses reeled even after being righted to firm footing. Inside a war waged over whether ears had played her for fool. Had he actually asked for consent of formal rituals? Her lungs felt tight and the territory that he was boldly suggesting travel too was as foriegn to Aurore as dinner with a Sultan. Like any semi wild creature, she considered the bait and possible tender trap beyond unseen...But for reasons beyond her understanding she met proposition with a word of accord.

Sterling next query caught her off guard, she found it hard to formulate a proper summary of brother's dynamics and wiley ways. Moving away from him, she procured forgotten decanter of port and equally neglected goblets. The emptiness filled and one vessel handed to him, Aurore considered the quandry further before speaking.

"Sabastian is very insightful and apt to test the waters or stir them to a boil. He has always been mischievous, it is simply inate nature. Sometimes I think it is do to a restlessness of his soul, for it seems that certain qualities have increased since we settled here. He would never admit it, but I think wander lust haunts him. Sabastian pushes away the past and yet clings to it. His testing me was to answer something in his private thoughts, it is just his way."

Sterling beamed when she consented to see him in a proper fashion. He moved from her, one hand still afixed to her's, as he snatched at a piece of melon and broke it in half, one end of which he offered her before he devoured the other.

"Forgive me," he smiled. "I did not realize how hungry I am." He took the glass of port and looked it over, content with its dark red colour, before he took a sip.

"So then, tis Sabastian whom I must ask permission from?" he asked taking another sip. The drink was well made and went down without the customary burn.

"Come here," he said, his look mischevious, his good eye, bright, as he grinned. He pulled her close and then down upon his lap. "What is yer pleasure Lady?" he asked moving his hand over the plates before him. He waited for her to chose but as she reached forward a shout came from outside as the sound of hoofbeats and someone hailing in Aurore's private tongue.

At first she did not react and he contented himself with slowly moving the linen from her shoulders.

Crewe of the Archangel

Sterling's touch and attentions had calmed her to lull, perfectly affable to allow his guidence. Aurore pressed against his warmth, mind numbed with a haze of content, but the urgent hail from outer world washed over such utopia; shattering fragile balance.

Aurore's lithe form grew rigid in response to clarion call and she eased herself from him and to open window. Scraps of what was being said floated upward and she frowned at its lack of clarity. The sound of front door opening quickly drew her attention further and she crossed chamber's breadth to stand near portal, listening intently.

A rush of feet, voices, queries....

" Something is wrong....Something has happened of ill nature..."

He watched her as she moved about the room, unable to understand what was being discussed, and yet tone and urgency were the same no matter what the language. He moved to her side as she listened to what was being said below.

"What is it?" he whispered, moving close behind her and moving a hand protectively about her waist.

Crewe of the Archangel

Aurore resisted the urge to shut it all out and return to pleasantries of his nearness. Leaning closer to the door, she continued to listen and try to give answer, but there were too many gray areas that could not be dismissed by the distance.

The fast cadence of footstep sounded on the stairwell, coming to halt followed by urgent knock. The door was opened, revealing the timid form of Megan and the expression she wore spoke of bad omens and tragedy. Large tears rolled down her rounded young cheeks as she struggled to find words of convey. A deep stuttering breath was drawn in to tiny lungs, her face pinching with anguish, " Someun's done in Molly..."

Aurore shook her head in negation, trying to dispell the announcement that hung the air like ill phantom.

" I need clothing..."

The small girl rushed to a room further down and dissapeared.

Sterling took Aurore by the shoulders and turned her to face him.

"Murder? Molly? Who is this Molly?" he asked, lowering his voice as he read the pain in the young woman's expression. He softened as he saw her fight to keep the tears in. He would have held her if she so wished it but for the moment, she allowed him instead to feel very much the outsider... He straightened. "What would ye have me do Lady?" he asked.

Crewe of the Archangel

" I....", she stammered and struggled to gain composure. "Molly is...was 'Bastian's lover. She works at The Shipp in town and he has tried to get her to leave, wanted to take care of her."

A fluid diamond broke over tender flesh levy to freefall.

"Moll never hurt a living thing in her life, she was not like the usual sorts, plying double trade....Dear God, she was working honest trying to support her grandmother..."

Another shake of head, "She was but seven and ten years aged and...and I do not know what you can do other than please stay near me."

Aurore's large dark eyes reflected the turmoil of what was in her thoughts, and pleaded for understanding.

((OOC: Appears either Morgan is unavailable. So... I'm moving my character forward. I've no clue what to do now... ))

Ana and Graves waited and waited for Admiral Morgan's return from where ever he was. But.. that did not come.

They had stayed longer than 3 in the afternoon.

Ana was none too happy and nodded to Graves who in return stood and was starting to leave the Parlor when a Servant entered. "I'm afraid Admiral Morgan is detained-"

"Quite alright. Please give our regards to the Admiral and a pity we overstayed our welcome. We must be off. Good day."

With that.. Graves and Ana left.

Their horses were brought to them. They mounted and rode back to Port Royal.

Back in Port Royal... and rode the horse, she rode the horse hard all the way back. And Graves knew she was furious cause not a word was spoken from her the whole of the time.

But the time they reached the stables, she dismounted, threw the reins to a boy who ran up to get the horses and marched off.

Graves dismounted swiftly, gave the boy 3 silver coins as his eyes lit up and raced off after Ana.

The whole of the time Ana did not say a word but she was marching in a very fast pace through the streets with a wicked scowl upon her face and her eyes were just glassy with fury.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

"Sorry I am, Lady," he whispered, his thumb moving ever so gently over her cheekbone where the tear had traced its path. He took her to him, wrapping himself about her. "Ah ma chere dame, ma belle jeune fille" he whispered as she wept. He knew it would only be a moment, before Megan returned with proper attire for her mistress and then she would be gone to see to her brother and to do what ever she could to make things right again.

Crewe of the Archangel

As his story came to a close and the guards interests seemed to fade, it was hardly a challenge for Reiley to change flasks with a second containing a strong sedative.

After the two guards had finally collapsed, Reiley quickly bound and secured both of them from site. The third guard was found with a young harlot nearby. After she was well paid for her silence and the guard securely bound, Reiley quickened in and attempt to again reach Mistress Lilly.

"You're a fool, you're a fool, you're a foolish sort of fool!" Sung Reiley to himself, as he made his way in the direction of the manor.

However, as he stopped and crouched near a tree, his hand dropped to the ground and felt something familiar yet equally freightening....

"A dog's bone?" Thought Reiley, as he picked up the gnawed upon morsel. ".......I hate dogs!"

Sabastian sat like cumpled marionette in the middle of the salon, one arm swung wide on floor's surface and at it's end, dispatch clutched tightly in grasp. He said nothing, just gazed blankly at far wall and oblivious to those that stood near. One word circled his mind one looped track without answer, a continueous question; 'Why'.

Jason shifted footing uncomfortably, remembering the palor of Franklin's face as dispatch was handed over. For it had been the large man's duty to check on fair maid and in turn, he who made the discovery which laid effect to this place. Jason hesitantly approached Sabastian and offered one more object; the single feather of inky hue...So familiar and now so dispised.

Fallen prince rose slowly from the floor and scanned subjects with no hint of former guise. He left their company with not a word until mid way up stair's incline and what was said lay riddled with undertones of vendetta; coldly served without prejudice...

"Saddle my horse..."

Christophe moved from wall support, taking care to keep startled woman under close scrutiny, for the numbness of suprise had left her manner. Unlike some, he would make no assumptions in regard to the "weaknesses" of the Fairer Sex. Woman, he had found with past experience, could be shifty creatures capable of unexpected action. A calculating femme could easily level the field where brute stregnth gave illusion of upper hand.

Lilly gave no indication of fear, her overall vissage casting unspoken dare to the half dressed man afore her. And there was something about him that nagged her memory, something that screamed for realization. Christophe moved closer, making note of the immediate surround. The woman before him had few options at current disposal. She could try to scale the barrels, which would be a rediculous choice; perhaps try to squeeze through the small area of open between barrels and house exterior...But he doubted cumbersome layers of adorned taffata would serve her well. This ment trying to come towards him with hopes of dodging and retracing the route she had taken in...

There was a sudden uproar around the front of the house, and he half listened to what echoed back to where they where placed in percarious stand off. She glared at him with smoldering defience and as if to needle her, Christophe offered wolfish smile while vissually caressing her form. It was not that he had any ill intentions for quary at hand, woman of Anglais origins always left him unsated. Nevertheless, appreciation of female lines could not be denied; and no Frenchman could ignore beauty rendered in any capacity.

The chaos unseen continued to gain strength and her eyes where drawn away momentarily to its' thunderings. Christophe took the opening, moving swiftly to cut the distance of seperation and as her focus returned to the disturbance of motion, Lilly found herself lifted deftly and slung over the sinewy muscle of bare shoulder.

Her protests could not have been called ladylike by any means, and as if to bring halt to rantings, Christophe hefted her to comfortable reposition causing expulsion of air from her lungs. His grip became iron vice, a betrayal of true qualities in regard to his slender build. Lilly began ranting again as his free hand searched the layers of fine cloth and retrieved hidden pistol. He ignored her struggles and attempts to kick, while securing the weapon in breeches waistline.

"Truly, Madame...We could 'ave done this in a civilized manner." He gave mock sigh of dissapointment, "But it seems that you insist on the 'ard way."

Lilly continued to kick, Christophe rolled his eyes and backed up to clear the barrel blockade. She managed to lay one well placed blow which paused his movement, a sharp slap was applied upon upturned bottom in return. The house's back door was achieved, entered and locked securely behind.