^, <, V

Pew

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Not the water per se. Things in the water give me pause... Sharks, sting rays, jelly fish...

< Hand feedin' fish last summer an had a shark came in close. Steve Irwin dieing from a string ray barb. When yer in the water wit' yer children an other children, these things give ye pause.

V Would ye put yerself in harms way fer those ye care 'bout?

^ Deer, cougars, bears, skunks, racoons, opposums, ...you name it.

< Never really developed a fear of wild things. I hung out at my grandparent's place too much. 20 acres of sagebrush, in a house that had no electricity and you had to walk outside to get from the top floor to the bottom where we slept.

V What's your beastie fear? Bugs, snakes, spiders...?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

/\ Livin on the edge 'o Saguaro National Park we gets ALL of 'em :lol:

Seriously, We've had bobcats in the chicken pen, mountain lions at the fish pond, javalina every freakin place, harris hawks hoot owls an bats all passin through. Me little truck got run over by deer one mornin' ;)

< Too hot too quick. Rattlesnakes are out an movin'. Be keepin' a pointed shovel at every door.

\/Any dangerous critters ?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ (Answer t' Ransom) Grasshoppers. Not onesies, but coverin' the ground (biblical numbers).

^ (Answer t' Morgan) Aye, rattle snakes; they eat the rodents.

< I've caught snakes, spiders, frogs, lizards an bugs; no big deal. But swarms o' locusts make me skin crawl. I've only witnessed this in Laughlin; they were crawlin' all over a buildin'.

V Pass on Ransom's question.

^ OOgh bugs....in my clothing..especially those wot sting

< Here, Pheasant, quail, raccoon, squirrel, chipmunk, mole, mouse, rabbit, garden snake, box turtle, slugs (eww), possum, crows, hawks, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, geese, ducks seen all of these at one time or another here..

V Been stung twice..owie! :lol: As far as I know I'm not allergic..but I worry. Are you allergic to a sting?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ I am not allergic. I have been stung a few times with no more of a side effect than cursing insects aloud.

< It is raining outside and the valley is starting to really green-up for the first time. It truly looks like the first day of Spring outside and I am anxious to begin my Spring and Summer projects.

V Any yard developments this year? New plantings? New alterations around the house?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

^ At our house, that's the never-ending story. This year, maybe more fruit trees, and a few more maples to add fall color. Then there is always The Garden, which is a major summer project every year.

< It sounds like I dread all that work, but really, I like it. My garden is a joy, and a good place to work off frustration! I don't own a rototiller, so spading all those veggie beds over is a real workout. Cheaper than joining a gym! :rolleyes:

V Like garden/yard work, or hate it?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^ Pole barn, pumphouse/potting shed, chicken house.

< I've got wildflowers coming up in the pastures, and dozens of daffodiles in the garden/flower beds up on the terrace. I plant lots of those, as they are the only bulb the gophers won't eat.

V What garden/yard varmints to you deal with?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

> Raccoons. Seem to think that any inflatable rubber ball left in the yard is good eatin'. (I can only imagine what must be going through their pea-brains: "Vern! Lookit the size of that blueberry!" Pow! "Whut-th--??")

< My spring project is to replace the concrete patio I had to break out in order to install a drain cleanout in the kitchen branch line. (Last year, Christmas Eve day. It's only been a mudhole for fifteen months now.)

V What is entropy doing to your house and grounds?

^ The only project I have is to put away my snow shovels, and ice scrapers, then bring out the mower and rake (oh ya, and my grill) everything else is in order.

< Enjoying a nice spring day (it's about time), and getting my fishing gear ready, (trout season next week).

V Favorite spring activity?

May the winds of fortune sail you

May you sail a gentle sea

May it always be the other guy who says "this drinks on me"

http://www.susquehannarangers.com/

^ Romance tonight would be nice

< Damn the Chinese place got me again. Took my order and when I got there they said the Eggplant wasn't fresh. Damn.

V Do they *&^% you at the drive thru? or yer favorite take out place?

^ nope, but I rarely eat out & never go through a drive thru.

< Really just don't like the idea behind drive thru's. I mean really. Like staying in your car is going to make it go that much faster? Like a few minutes here or there are that important in the grand scheme.

V Up to the minute or round to the nearest hour.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ Round t' the nearest quarter of an hour.

< Aye, certain things require been on time or early. If yer a host, give a time window, an be flexible; it's less stressful fer everyone.

As fer drive-thrus, Chole ye multi-tasker, think of all the things ye could get done while waitin' in the drive thru!

v Do ye carry books, or projects wit' ye, fer those times when ye do wait fer someone or somethin'?

^ Gosh yes - but usually just one thing an my ever present notebook

< makes lists/ notes of things for later

V Are you a list maker?

^ Nope. But me pockets sometimes hav the oddest collection o' post-it notes!

< I use t' carry a organizer, an tried a palm pilot. Now I relie on memory, notes an on-line services.

V Would ye perish wit' out yer PDA (personal digital assistant)?

^ Don't own one.. email myself, write on things and I'd be lost without "notepad"

< Utterly blotto at the moment---bed calls...

V Speak another language?