^, <, V

Pew

^ socks first then shoes (took me a while to figure that one out Red Cat!)

< has discovered that spiced rum and apple cider make a good combo if it's snowy and you don't feel like going out to get anything else.

V favorite holiday movie moment?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I don't know about a specific "moment". Maybe when the townspeople bring George all the money at the end of It's a Wonderful Life.

< Truly wondering, "Why is the rum gone?" Unfortunately, I KNOW the answer to that.

v What's your favorite comedy movie?

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

/\Edward Woodward an George C Scott wanderin' thru the streets 'o London on Christmass morn.

<Installin' some Markley medium light strings on the git. The lights 'ave no umph.

\/ Fish- Fried, baked, broiled, bbqed?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ you can BBQ fish? Round here the Friday Moose Lodge fish fry is the best!

< Thinks it's funny that both Morgan & Matt answered the holiday movie question.

V weirdest food combo?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Cananda Dry Tom Collins Mixer and Raw Cresant Roll dough

< really need to hit the hay, TB test tomorrow

VBroken bones?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

/\Currently no. In the past- Left foot, both knees, pelvis, sternum, ribs front and back an a nice divot in the side 'o me skull. 'bout 5 years active SCA, so busted fingers don't count. B)

< Wishin' I could type faster so's me posts not be out 'o place.

\/ What motorcycle would a proper pirate be ridin?

^ A Harley of course. personally an 06, 883 Sportster in yellow. But the 1200 is nice to ride on too.

< last boyfriend was a biker.

V Local music or corporate rock?

^ Corporate rock. Not much opportunity here for local groups...

< I'd prefer a Fat Boy (that's a motorcycle, folks - I'm not into obese youths!) But the 883 Sportster will fit Chole's frame better.

v Favorite Broadway musical

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

/\ Oklahoma. Showboats a close runnerup. I does a fair renditsion 'o Old Man River.

<Was thinkin' the best pirate bike would be that collection 'o parts called "Buell".

\/ Lookin' fer untrimmed felt hat cores, blanks or whatever they be called. Best place?

^ GOF has some goode info on his site here

Jas Townsend has a pricey fur felt blank I know there are cheaper ones avail, check the threads in Twill, I believe you will find more there

< Slowly realizing Capt Stirling shares her fondness for raw cookie and biscuit dough..it's a rare indulgance tho.. She already shares a fondness for Key Lime with BlackJohn

VFavorite dessert item?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ Simpsons counts as a cartoon right? Otherwise old Scoobie Doo.

< avoiding cleaning her house today. Where are those elves when you need them?

V boomsticks or sharp edges?

/\Sharp edges, Lassie. A cutlass never hang fires.

< (< Buell is made by Harley Davidson)

Only the engines, lad. The rest be assembled from a conglomeration 'o parts via foreign ports. Much like a good crewe :)

\/Watchin' any pirate movies today?

Whar be me manners? I thank ye RCJ. I goes ta be lookin now.

^ Nope. Got plenty of studying to do as I have finals next Saturday.

< I was inaccurate. Erik Buell was employed by Harley-Davidson as an engineer. He does still use Harley parts. Buell Motorcycles is one of the companys OWNED by Harley-Davidson. Erik Buell is in charge of designing and building production crotch rockets for Harley-Davidson under the auspices of "Buell Motorcycles". (I wouldn't say ALL Harley parts are USA made, although a majority of them probably are - especially the engine and transmission). As a matter of fact, Buell financing goes through Harley-Davidson's financing company.

v What's your favorite kind of food, nationality-wise (i.e. Mexican, Italian, etc.)

^ My tastes vary so widely, I really can pin it down to one.

< I'm so jazzed about our upcoming cruise, I can't stand it! I'll do my level best to represent the Pyracy Pub. Which means I'll be drunk nearly 24x7, and incredibly disorderly. Huzzah!! B)

V Shaken, or stirred?

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

^ spinach

< loves google image search like you wouldn't believe

V early bird or night owl?

^ That's a tough one so I'll say anything that doesn't make me cringe!

< 1) Morgan yer welcome!, 2) Hope's Jack and Janelle come back with many "telling" pictures of piracy aboard their cruise

V Worst "shoot me now this is soo bad" movie you have ever seen?

(I gotta say "Dune" was up there)

^ I can always find "something" good about a movie, even if it's just the lighting. But while editing a preview for my own film there were plenty of those "shoot me I can't believe how bad this is" moments. I'm sure noone else sees them, but it's different when it's you're own.

< also likes spinach lasagne & spinach smoothies & wilted spinach salad with mushrooms.

V favorite healthy food?

^ Lately it's apples. Gala apples. Don't know why.... That or tuna. I can eat the hell outta both. Just not at the same time. ;)

< Boggles my mind that there's a friggin' mosh pit at Flogging Molly concerts. :lol:

v What's your favorite National Monument?

^ the big giant heads (mt rushmore)

< um, tuna sandwiches, although I prefer salami.

V roller coaster or the merry-go-round?

^ Roller coaster, baby! I grew up in SoCal and cut my teeth on rollercoasters at Magic Mountain.

< Dang it! I love roller coasters!!!!!!!!!!!

v Favorite amusement park (that you've BEEN to....)

^ This little local place by my house in AZ when I was little..there was this ride "the whip" I'm sure it was tame (I was 5) but it was the agonizinly slow anticipation they dragged you through wating to be flung around the corner at either end that somehow has translated into my childish zeal in adult life! LOL

< Matt, no Tuna Apple casserole? :lol:

V Accidentally, hit, bowled over , smacked, or crashed into someone (without a vehicle) ?

^ Right after I got out of the Marines. I was still built like a Mack truck. Working at Home Depot when a girl and I were walking opposite directions (She had been in the Navy :lol: ). She tried to bump me and I had kept right on walking. Planted her flat on her ass! I don't think I had ever laughed so hard before! Of course, I was a gentleman and helped her up, though.

< Really should have bought MORE rum. Don't know that this bottle will last the night.

v Besides rum, what is your other favorite alcoholic drink?