Love of a Pirate

Gypsy Rose

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be thankful those of you who have good memories...they alone are worth their weight in gold. Whoever said "To 'ave loved and lost is better than to 'ave loved at all" has never been there. I 'ope one day to find the scurvy dog who is crazy enough to handle me but I wouln't bet me ship on it mate.

Scarlett

"I know indeed what evil I intend to do, but stronger than all my afterthoughts is my fury, fury that brings upon mortals the greatest evils. -Euripides

"Well behaved women rarely make history."

Umm... I think she might have meant drowning in a sea of love, not the salty stuff?

"No, I think she meant both. Besides both can be salty!"

Sorry for the delay in my response. i didn't actually MEAN both, but i don't think he's too awfully fond of the salty stuff...

"So, Red Weasel, ye were speakin' of drownin' in love! I thought love was suppose t' lift ye up... give ye wings?"

"Most fellas aren't too fond of drownin' in anything! But I suppose love is like that fer some. As fer me, I'd rather swim then sink. Love, like salt water, has always made me more buoyant!"

"As fer the delay in yer responses, I'll look fer ye response in a couple months."

Whoever said "To 'ave loved and lost is better than to 'ave loved at all" has never been there.

Been there, done that. and I would never give up the lessons of love lost. I would never give up the experiences of new love even if I knew that it was to be lost. I made a decision many years ago not to hold on to the anger or the hurt.

I am a much better person having loved and lost.

I hope to keep my current love but if it is not meant to be I will cherish all that we have had together.

Of course, this comes from a woman who has never had a relationship last longer than one year!

"So, Red Weasel, ye were speakin' of drownin' in love! I thought love was suppose t' lift ye up... give ye wings?"

"Most fellas aren't too fond of drownin' in anything! But I suppose love is like that fer some. As fer me, I'd rather swim then sink. Love, like salt water, has always made me more buoyant!"

"As fer the delay in yer responses, I'll look fer ye response in a couple months."

i DO mean drowining in love - in the sense that your entire atmosphere changes - and it permeates you from your skin down to your core. i mean the very sweetest sort of drowning - that which extinguishes your parched former self. And i mean the sort of altogether unintentional dive into this lovely, deep, permeating love, where neither party sees it coming until it's filled both of your lungs, replacing your very breath.

i DO mean drowining in love - in the sense that your entire atmosphere changes - and it permeates you from your skin down to your core.  i mean the very sweetest sort of drowning - that which extinguishes your parched former self.  And i mean the sort of altogether unintentional dive into this lovely, deep, permeating love, where neither party sees it coming until it's filled both of your lungs, replacing your very breath.

"Aye, so why didn't ye say so in the first place! So, who is the lucky fella?"

"Yer blessed union aside; yer choice of wordin', while poetic, gives me pause. That which extinguishes self, parched or otherwise, implies loss or transformation; even possibly death of self. I should hope that when these lovers come together, they are not in danger of losing themselves. That their transformation is that of becoming a couple, and not changing one fer the other. That their union brings together two complete souls, who are ready t' face the world, arm in arm. Whose tenderness fer each other will extend from their first day together, to their last."

"Love is a heady brew, one best sipped, and enjoyed over time. May yer cup of love, never run dry, Bonnie Red Weasel!"

"Yer blessed union aside; yer choice of wordin', while poetic, gives me pause. That which extinguishes self, parched or otherwise, implies loss or transformation; even possibly death of self. I should hope that when these lovers come together, they are not in danger of losing themselves. That their transformation is that of becoming a couple, and not changing one fer the other. That their union brings together two complete souls, who are ready t' face the world, arm in arm. Whose tenderness fer each other will extend from their first day together, to their last."

"Love is a heady brew, one best sipped, and enjoyed over time. May yer cup of love, never run dry, Bonnie Red Weasel!"

Very well said, Sir. It's also quite sweet when they dedicate romantic songs to ya! Even if they not be your partner for life. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

aye love can happen between pirates and those who step to the rail and on finding or losing oneselve when it comes to that love, the best be to meet halfway and learn together whom you both be.

cheers to love and mates :lol:

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Yer blessed union aside; yer choice of wordin', while poetic, gives me pause. That which extinguishes self, parched or otherwise, implies loss or transformation; even possibly death of self. I should hope that when these lovers come together, they are not in danger of losing themselves. That their transformation is that of becoming a couple, and not changing one fer the other. That their union brings together two complete souls, who are ready t' face the world, arm in arm. Whose tenderness fer each other will extend from their first day together, to their last.

Despite my best attempts to express myself through metaphor, "love" which requires a death of self is not love at all. The blessed sea into which i've been thrown has not drowned my being. It has, however, brought about a sort of rebirth, that i liken to a change in atmosphere. i am free to be myself with him. It is beyond that, in fact. i am more fully myself with him than i have ever been. He knows and loves my weaknesses as well as my strengths, and for that, i feel stronger, and am able to accomplish more. i love him more deeply and fully than i ever thought possible, and for that, i am more loving with others in my life. He draws the very best of me out, and i feel more empowered, more energized, and freer than i have ever felt.

Despite my best attempts to express myself through metaphor, "love" which requires a death of self is not love at all.  The blessed sea into which i've been thrown has not drowned my being.  It has, however, brought about a sort of rebirth, that i liken to a change in atmosphere.  i am free to be myself with him.  It is beyond that, in fact.  i am more fully myself with him than i have ever been.  He knows and loves my weaknesses as well as my strengths, and for that, i feel stronger, and am able to accomplish more.  i love him more deeply and fully than i ever thought possible, and for that, i am more loving with others in my life.  He draws the very best of me out, and i feel more empowered, more energized, and freer than i have ever felt.

"It must seem like divine providence has played a hand, when ye find someone who loves ye warts and all (Not sayin' ye ever had warts). The fact that ye have more love t' share wit' others, because of this relationship, speaks well of ye both."

"Again, glad t' hear yer cup runneth over! (Yet another metaphor!)"

Very well said, Sir. It's also quite sweet when they dedicate romantic songs to ya! Even if they not be your partner for life. B)

"In the world of cyber romance, words, images, links, and mpegs are the only gifts we can bestow on our beloved characters."

"What makes ye think that Jacky couldn't be Ransom's partner fer life? A pirate's life is a short one after all!"

"Sides if the honeymoon night didn't kill 'em first, he might sip a drink prepared by Miss St. Claire, by accident."

Why, Mr. Tarr, is that a cyber proposal of pyracy partnership? Must we sign articles? If so, I promise not ta kill ya the first night, and I'll hire a taster for yer all yer drinks. :rolleyes:

So, when does the pyrate honeymoon start? :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Why, Mr. Tarr, is that a cyber proposal of pyracy partnership? Must we sign articles? If so, I promise not ta kill ya the first night, and I'll hire a taster for yer all yer drinks.  B)

So, when does the pyrate honeymoon start? B)

"Aye, I thought we was on the honeymoon! As fer signin', ye want t' sign fer goods, ye haven't seen? Ye better check, how tall I'm not (on the thread, 'What size do you like...)."

Jacky walks around, and inspects his cyber bride to be, "But yer offer deserves serious consideration."

Why, Mr. Tarr, is that a cyber proposal of pyracy partnership? Must we sign articles? If so, I promise not ta kill ya the first night, and I'll hire a taster for yer all yer drinks.  B)

So, when does the pyrate honeymoon start? B)

"Aye, I thought we was on the honeymoon! As fer signin', ye want t' sign sign fer goods, ye haven't seen? Ye better check, how tall I'm not (on the thread, 'What size do you like...)."

Jacky walks around, and inspects his cyber bride to be, "But yer offer deserves serious consideration."

Well, as you've never seen me either, we both might be buying a pig-in-a-poke. B)

But we seem ta get along famously, so that's a plus. Ya make me laugh, and that's a real plus, and ya romance me with romantic dinners and songs, so, what more could a girl ask...except maybe...how good are ya with a cutlass? ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

...how good are ya with a cutlass?

"Can't I just shoot 'em? I've had some Japanese sword trainin', but alas no cutlass trainin'."

Wasn't the cutlass at your side I was referrin' to. :lol: Maybe I shoulda said, "How good are ya with yer weapon?" :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Gives Jacky a big wide grin. "Where are those articles? Where's a pen? Where do I sign?" ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Can't believe you need to ask where the pen is! :huh:

:huh:

:huh::huh::huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After PIP comments...eh?...eh????

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 1 month later...

they always have said the pen is mighter then the sword :o

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

back to the original topic - i met my mate online in our mah jong solitaire gameroom. after a couple months of chatting in the room, im's, pm's, email and the such - he said that i needed him, packed his van and moved 2800+ miles east! we discovered that we had a lot of mutual interests and quite a few separate interests that life was great. had a ren wedding in vegas and lived for the parenfaire and now he's gone. nothing is going to be the same again. we were true soulmates and i really miss him. faire this season is going to be the hardest since we spent every weekend there the past 5 seasons and were established in our characters (strange how that happens) that something big is going to be missing this year. at least i wil have my 'faire family' to lean on.

okay - back to your posts

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

and now he's gone. nothing is going to be the same again. we were true soulmates and i really miss him. faire this season is going to be the hardest since we spent every weekend there the past 5 seasons and were established in our characters (strange how that happens) that something big is going to be missing this year. at least i wil have my 'faire family' to lean on.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this(((((lady snow)))))

Met my captain in a bar many years ago. Following rock bands all across the east. Actually hippies we were, not pirates, but still traveled the 'high' seas...lol

Spent more time at car shows than any other faires/still do car shows but we're slowing down...30 years, 4 kids later, we're still together. No magic carpet ride, nor buried treasure, just lots of hard work, respect and trust. :)

kttcsignature.jpg