Love of a Pirate

Gypsy Rose

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arh!!! lots of luck to the marrying couple! may his heart stay soft and his cutlass hard! someday i will meet that lass of mine, but she will have to plunder me heart, because i aint given it easy. a broken heart hurts more than many a cutlass cut! still single, for now!

...up close and personal means one of two things:

You are either waking up with me in the morn or I am the last face you will ever see...</span>

• 3 weeks later...

In my past life as a klingon (LOL) I met my husband, he was the Chancellor of a Klingon gaming group where we played a game called Starfleet Academy. We were friends for a few years and then realized that we had finally found the other half of ourselves :) We started a long distance relationship and then after a year of heartbreaking visits and goodbyes...I moved out here to Florida to be with him. That was six years ago and we've been married for two years now. We indulge each other's weirdness and don't drive each other too crazy. I don't think you can get any better than that :)

It's possible to find love anywhere, but usually when you're not looking and usually in the most unexpected places.....just have fun doing what you love and the odds are you'll one day meet up with someone who shares the same loves you do.

Yes I do speak Klingon (well not as good as I used to). I need a tape so I can learn Piratese!

Just a dream and the wind to carry me

And soon I will be free...

damsel, that was a cool story. brought a bloody tear to me eye! i like the "indulge in each other's weirdness" comment. yes klingon and pyratese are a bit different, but you could never have enuf languages! aye, pass me the rum please!

You are either waking up with me in the morn or I am the last face you will ever see...</span>

Congrats, Winston. :huh:B) :)

May ye both have many blessed years with supporting family and friends.

~Lady B

:angry:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 month later...

Hmmmmm. I fell in love here on the Pub. But time and distance has taken it's toll. I'm still mad about her but, well i don't know. I'd like to make it better, but I'm at a loss as to how. Still. She commands my heart

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Ummm, gee, this is going to sound like a cheap soap opera, but, here goes...

I met my husband through a mutual friend during an SCA event. Unforetunately, before we realized that we were perfect for each other, he was engaged to that friend. Since he is a man of honor, he kept to the engagemant and I was a participant in their huge SCA wedding on horseback—which he now refers to as "The circus". This was truely a match made in hell, and a classic example of a guy who thought "If I just marry her, things will get better." NOT (It was her third marriage, the previous two lasting less than a year, which should have been a hint.)

When it became clear that nothing he did would ever be good enough, and it was very clear we were soul mates, I told him, "Time to make a decision, 'cause I'm not doing anything I couldn't do at high noon on the library steps, until you do."

A week later, after a day-long harang ( I was a witnes to four hours of it), that continued into the late hours, I got a call at 3 am. "Come and get me, I walked out and I'm at a phone booth in...) I picked him up, and we've been together ever since. We have been married 15 1/2 happy years. Oh, and did I mention I was forty when we met, and that he is ten years younger than me? Life is good!

We both got pretty burnt out with the SCA, but like pyracy. However, with no other pyrates in our area, it's hard to play the game. Neither of us really has any pirate garb, but we're working on it!

:lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I met him 3 weeks ago at Feencon, which is a roleplayer con with LARP, Pen and Paper, Table Top games and a small faire. On Friday he spotted me while I packed things as part of the staff. And on Sunday I was introduced to him, because he organized the whole thing and had to give me my T-shirt. My friends told me afterwards, he told them to directly get me over to him. I thought he's nice and interesting. A week later I went to my friends house to watch Kill Bill with them and there he was again. And since then he was on my mind. On Saturday I finally called him and we had diner the same evening and stayed together for 24 hours. Couldn't risk to let him drive home in the middle of the night. LOL 2 days later he stood in front of my house with POTC standees. Last weekend we went to a roleplayer meeting together which took place at a castle and I met really great and intelligent people and had lots of fun. Killed Dr. Lucky :huh: and also played a game called Grave robbers from outer space. Funny game. :lol:

I'm so glad I finally found someone who accepts my JDOCD and shares my love for horror flicks and killers. Not everyone understands why there's Dr. Lecter in my kitchen. His nickname is Hai which means Shark. And believe me, he's a shark sometimes. In a way he's a pirate. Loves to rip off people, can't keep his mouth shut, loves his freedom and fights for the things he thinks are worth fighting for. :lol:

Hmmmmm. I fell in love here on the Pub. But time and distance has taken it's toll. I'm still mad about her but, well i don't know. I'd like to make it better, but I'm at a loss as to how. Still. She commands my heart

Scupper

Do what is in your heart.. and tell her so til she belives you.. and then, show her that its her that lights the fires in your eyes and heart.

if you want a real woman, be prepared for one.. with wants and desires and troubles all too real for her... and say that we will share them all...

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Sharing wsn't an issue. she wouldnt swim in the deep end. It was like swimming in the sea. Seeing the bottom is comfortable. seeing nothing below but deep blue sea can be unnerving. Some people wont swim that deep. Then again I didnt like swimming in the shallows. We all can learn new tricks

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

As for the trial and tribulations of loving a pyrate, you'll have to ask my wife. The fact that we'll be renewing our vows after 15 years at the MN Renaissance Festival this Sept. 17th (only time we could get our friend [aka Ian MacFarlane] to perform the ceremony) means I can't have been that much of a bastard... <_<

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Sharing wsn't an issue. she wouldnt swim in the deep end. It was like swimming in the sea. Seeing the bottom is comfortable. seeing nothing below but deep blue sea can be unnerving. Some people wont swim that deep. Then again I didnt like swimming in the shallows. We all can learn new tricks

Scupper

yeah, well just wait 'til ya meet someone with a like fondness for the inky deep, and the two of ye cling to one another so tightly, ye hardly notice the drowning...

- Weasel

Diosa and I met at Pirates in Paradise as friends. Never thought it would go farther than that. I moved 3,000 miles to be with her. Now I've been in Florida for two years now and we just got married six times in a weekend - five at Disney World for the cameras at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride opening and for real at the Pirates Adventure Dinner Theatre...

Pirate and wench, happy ever after in the sunny part of the world.

Photos below:

Bribing the dad

07-3x2.jpg

Aboard Ship with the Parson

18-3x2.jpg

Almost married

28-3x2.jpg

The Best Man (center) with the cabin boys

06-3x2YoungPirates.jpg

With our photographers, Sabre and Ax

23-3x2UswCnD.jpg

Pirate Cake

05-3x2CakeKiss.jpg

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

no pyrates near me either.... the last young lady i dated thought this whole pyrating thing was crazy! i had to make a choice... be a closet pyrate or a true free spirit pyrate. so now the only lass at my side is a cut"lass"... and i really dont miss her that much. arh!!!

Diosa and I met at Pirates in Paradise as friends. Never thought it would go farther than that. I moved 3,000 miles to be with her. Now I've been in Florida for two years now and we just got married six times in a weekend - five at Disney World for the cameras at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride opening and for real at the Pirates Adventure Dinner Theatre...

Pirate and wench, happy ever after in the sunny part of the world.

That is a gorgeous dress your wife is wearing!

yeah, well just wait 'til ya meet someone with a like fondness for the inky deep, and the two of ye cling to one another so tightly, ye hardly notice the drowning...

- Weasel

So, yer idea of true luv, is t' find someone ye can drown wit'? Certainly puts a different spin on til' death do us part!

- Jacky