Name Escapes Me

El Pirata

I know I deserve 50 or 100 lashings for forgetting something so important but what was the short rifle type musket that had a flaring barrel.

Also where can I buy one?

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

That's it, though it's more like blundering pirate on my part. I guess there are worse things to lose than the memory. Any clue where to get one.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Also known as dragons or musketoons.

Loyalist Arms out a' Nova Scotia makes a damn fine piece for not so much silver. Brass barreled, early to mid 18th C roundfaced lock, .75 cal. Comes in a couple of barrel lengths, I got the 16inch. Well made, fires well, and has some nice details. I particularly like the tow worm permanently on the end o' the rammer.

They have an earlier piece, Queen Anne doglock, but more money and a longer wait.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

A lot of the blunderbusses purchased around here are piece mell. That is, A lot of folks I know have the barrell made and then purchase the stock and action from places such as dixie gun works etc. The average cost of THESE pieces run in the five hundred dollar neighborhood. ($500) A little to rich for my blood, at least for right now anyway. Hope that helps....... Flint

blunderbuss

nonfiring replica at ebay

the real thing

pretty no fire

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

$3900???? Better have some damn good provenance and something special about the piece. Originals are generally in the $2300 to $2800 range. Wouldn't want to shoot an original anyway. Too much possibility of barrel rupture/broken spring/damaged sear, etc. $500-600 is the general price for pieces being made in India, just make sure you deal with a reputable importer and get some opinions from other people who've bought from the same importer. Guns made in this country are more likely to be in the $800-$1000 dollar range. Going the parts route is OK if you know your way around a gun shop, or if you have someone who'll do it for you inexpensively. The parts are not the most expensive bit, but a gunmakers time can run very high.

Hawkyns

:(

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I was thinking my last trip to Panama cost that much and I came back with a fairly decent amount of reales and a ton of tourist trinkets.