Wow I actually have them!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread is hilarious!

Mary Sue.....you can have some of mine if you want them! 34DDD and a proper fitting bodice puts them up at my neck.... :lol:

I fully agree with Rumba if a bodice doesn't have steel boning (flat steel not spiral) there's no point in it. More boning = more support. And yes somewhere there is pictures of one of the irish boys in my irish dress and he has cleavage. And from the back you can't tell the 2 of us apart. It's kinda creepy.

Men are like a deck of cards - You need a heart to love them, a diamond to marry them, a club to beat them and a spade to bury the bastards.

Yup, I've seen vendors selling the worst possible bodices for women! To me if they aren't going to put in decent metal boning I wouldn't even consider buying one.

Oh ya, the spillover from ill fitting bodices is not pretty!

Now that I know what good boning is I always hunt for them :)

Y'know, I've read about the tie boning on the wench.org forums - People swear by it on there, but I always thought it was pretty much the same as plastic boning.

Men are like a deck of cards - You need a heart to love them, a diamond to marry them, a club to beat them and a spade to bury the bastards.

i love that quote,,. may i borrow it on occasion??

and agreed on the boning. I have a corset that had plastic boning, and it bent and then broke one day. It gouged a lot of skin before I could take it off..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

this thread is hilarious! 

Mary Sue.....you can have some of mine if you want them!  34DDD and a proper fitting bodice puts them up at my neck.... :lol:

I fully agree with Rumba if a bodice doesn't have steel boning (flat steel not spiral) there's no point in it.  More boning = more support.  And yes somewhere there is pictures of one of the irish boys in my irish dress and he has cleavage.  And from the back you can't tell the 2 of us apart.  It's kinda creepy.

DDD??????????

ok ladies (and for the gents out there) ;););) steel boning is the way to go and when you get the bodice fitted it is best done over a period corset and if fitted properly there is a final step in the corst fitting process refered to as fluffing .....inserting a hand(this takes a friend or lover) outside the breast and lifting and bring to the center making sure the corset or bodice stays tight around the ribs ....and i'm not refering to a cheap fondle fellows :lol::lol::D .....the victorian style corst/bodices so often worn to ren-faires will give a more seperate look to the breasts but a period corset/bodice will give a more coneshape to the torso

and most women wearing the under-breast versions look UDDERly discusting....... did i hear a load mooing sound???? :lol:

but that is just one of my pet peeves toward authenticity

I still think the best term I've ever heard for the "overflow" one sees with most corsets or bodices is "spoobs", short for "spilling boobs". :)

I can honestly say I've never had a problem with gratuitous spoobage. B)

And it's a wonderful thing to encounter if you have a cold nose... :rolleyes::lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Too funny, Mad Jack! Gotta remember that one... :lol:

I guess it's not so much of an issue if the woman wears some sort of actual supporting device - giving you some place to actually place your cold nose B) - but I've seen too many women with REALLY saggy breasts wearing those under-boob bodices and their breasts spill over the top of the bodice and are sagging halfway to their waists. I often wonder if they have any mirrors that show them from the neck down. :rolleyes:

RHJMap.jpg

I am just signing in here to say that I have no idea what to say. So many ideas rushing to the fore... yet, no words.

Okay... something comes to mind...

I tip my hat to all ye ladies. Keep up the good work. Er, I guess, keep up the good breasts, too. Huge fan of this type of work. Huge fan indeed.

(DDD? That's my new favorite number).

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Perhap ye can add those babes to callenish gunners "bead thread"

I sure they'ell be a nice addition. :rolleyes:B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

There was a merchant working Northern California Renn. Faires, that claimed that their bodices would give a twelve year old boy cleavage.......

Hey... I thought it was funny at the time......

Made me laugh Patrick...made me laugh hard enough to spill the popcorn and grog I had in me hand...now the question is...what merchant might that have been. I can find a twelve year old boy to test this claim...

Quality assurance...and then I want a line of ladies to get custom fittings done by meself :rolleyes:B):lol::lol:

What's wrong? I just threw beads at my computer monitor, and they just landed on my keyboard. RumbaRue, ye have to work on yer eye-hand coordination. Ready?

...Catch!

Damn. There they landed again. Have to do this in person, I guess.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I wish I had bought one of those corsets that Richard was selling in KW... it was hot pink, but by god it helped keep my puppies up there..and made them bark!

do you want to add anything, Gunner?

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

thank ya, dear... and your 'eyes' are marvelous too...

I can't help but wonder what they all would look like by candlelight or firelight..... ;)

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I still think the best term I've ever heard for the "overflow" one sees with most corsets or bodices is "spoobs", short for "spilling boobs". :)

I can honestly say I've never had a problem with gratuitous spoobage. ;)

And it's a wonderful thing to encounter if you have a cold nose... ;);)

one cold October, there I was at a ren faire... (Mad Jack, don't snort into your ale, its rude)

and it was so cold, you could play ring toss with the mermaids.

(Gunner,, I KNOW you know what I mean.. and a loverly smile it is!)

It were about 50 degrees and chilly as a Noble's Lady. I happened to meet a friend from another pub, who wore naught but shorts, sandels, and a tee shirt. As a moth to a flame I flew, and so did every other lass in a 20 foot area. He spewed heat out like a giant forge, and well he.... was a happy man for the rest of the day. He had dinner with 5 women that night, and I'm not sure which and how many he went home with. I went to the hotel and sannnk into the hot tub.

(I bet you know how good that is, Rumba... I have trouble with me feet if on them too long)

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 2 months later...
Unless you plan on wearing a bra or have small or really perky breasts, the under-breast bodices aren't too flattering. I've seen too many women wear this type without proper additional support and their breasts spill over the top and sag down the bodice. It's not pretty...

Ahhh... Here was the quote I was looking for.

Yes -- having returned to the Renaissance Faire after a ten-year hiatus, and attending a couple of pirate events, I must agree: "under-breast" bodices are not for everyone. Enhance 'em, shape 'em, mold 'em, or even cover 'em up to make me wonder ... but don't lift them completely out and point them at me like a couple of angry weasels. "Spoobs"? Scary.

Having said that, I have a whole new collection of beads, and I have repaired my computer screen.... ladies?

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

I have some waist cinchers that go under my breasts, but I cheat and tape them up for additional support (no, not with duct tape.)

And speaking of spoobage, at the Bakersfield Faire, I saw a woman striding by who was kind of... unusual is the best way to describe it. Her breasts had the consistency of not-quite congealed jello. And I don't know how she did this, but it was as if she held plates under them and they had spread out on the plate to a thickness of not quite one inch (they stuck out about 4".) And they jiggled VERY loosely, as if they were mostly skin, not much tissue underneath. And she had them thrust out in front of her and she looked mighty proud of them. I realise that breasts come in all shapes and sizes and not every woman can have perfect ones, but this woman was really doing herself a disservice.

RHJMap.jpg