Ojai Pirate Faire "Aftermath"

Lucky Penny Hawkings

I had a blast.

I could fill up the forum with the list of memories that I have from this weekend, it was that good. So many...MANY pirates!!! It was a joy in me wee black heart t' see them all.

I came home late, tired, a bit sunburned on my wrist (trust me, that confused me as well), but happy as anything.

To those I met, it was a true pleasure. There were some I wish I could have spent more time with, some I caught at the last moment that it would have been nice to talk to more, but I'm already plotting me wee mind for next year.

To any there that I didn't meet? Will 'ave t'work this out for another time then won't we?

*elaborate bow*

I am sure the details of my time will be expanded upon as I wake up some more..

:ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

I have a few on my camera, but not as many as I'd like. Quill has some as well, but she's on the road and will probably be unable to post hers until she returns.

I'll try to get mine available here hopefully in the next day or so, mates. First order o' business? Work..in spite of the fact that my pirate mode is very much "on"...

How do I know?

I brought something to one of my coworkers, and I said to her "'Ere ye go, poppet..."....and when someone asked me something, I "ayed" instead of "yessed". :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Aye Ladds n' Lassies,

So a grand tyme was had by all then? I know ya did as the Royaliste told me so when I was a'visitin' him n' his fine ship on monday...

Aye Capt. Gary, I's back here in me home port, safe n' sound...

Still wished I was able ta make it, seein' as I was all th' way over there on th' left coast... but alas, me job comes first....

Lets see them pictures! I wanna sees wots I missed!!! Give me more of a reason ta make plans ta come back on me own tyme n' money! (not that I need a reason B) )

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I took an assessment of my camera last night...there weren't as many pictures on it as I would have liked. What is WITH me and not taking pictures at these things?

I know Quill will have plenty when she returns. And there are a couple of other people I have been informed have a few as well. I'm investigating.

:huh: Jeesh!! me hopes somebody's damn camera worked!....My first mate and I had a 'bang up' time, met quite a few from this forum, and many from elsewhere.....nice to have faces wif' the names...Iron Bess and Red Maria, ye're welcome on my gundeck any time, Touring Gentleman, me hat's off,......and Rumrunners, well mates, permission to board anytime!....Nuff said, any one talks to Dick, 'ave 'im email me about that slip in the Channel Islands......... :lol:

Okay, here's what I have so far:

http://www.lara-goth.com/batwench/gallery/ojai2003/

Most are mine, a few are ones that someone else took.

Claire will have some of the better ones, though... :) I'm sure of it..

Ahoy mates!

We just arrived home this evening (Tuesday) -Rosalinda, it is great to see you back, Dorian I'm sorry I missed you!!!

I've got the 'bodice burn' to end all bodice burns and a massive bruise on my thigh from the muzzle of my Queen Anne (gonna have to relocate it to another part of my belt by the looks of it!) But I had an awesome time. Here's a few highlights-

Neko got a police escourt as far as San Luis Obispo from a friend on the force!

Our 100' encampment shrunk to 20'! (we borrowed some from neighbors)

Chaya, Lucky Penny Hawkings, my son Ryan and Neko were auctioned off for charity!! (they posed for a photo, with the winner and the winner got a beer... except for Neko's bidder- she got a 'bodice nuzzling' and a 'fanny paddling' for her money!

The Royaliste's cannons blasted regularly throughout the event. Gary was commended on Sunday morning for his good safety procedures.

One of the last blasts of the event was from "Seven". She sent a flawless smokering that drew a chorus of oooh's and ahhhhh's from the people watching as it floated for about 100 yards

Sasha, with only six months or so of fencing, did a wonderful job taking on one of the Rumrunners crew in an out n' out, anything goes battle. The final score was one round for Sasha, the other for Josh? (not sure of his name) of the Rum Runners. We were VERY proud of her!!!!

My son Ryan (age 16) 'lost his innocence' and ate a carrot out of a wench's bodice!!

Chaya's rat, "Commodore Nibbles" was a big hit with the crowds

Chaya and both her parents did demonstrations of Phillipene stick fighting

Lucky Penny Hawkings brings a miniature jointed skeleton dressed as Jack Sparrow. On a whim, she riggs him with strings and he becomes an instant hit as a marionette!

In the procession on Sunday, I had a wonderful time being a drunken wench, stumbling along, sloshing rum all over myself and having to be caught by Saber!

Sunday night we were initiated into "Clan McGroan" and given names- such as "Nibbles McGroan", "Shave McGroan", "Fondle McGroan" and spent the rest of the evening in hysterics, coming up with more names!

We enjoyed meeting people from the Port Royal Privateers, the Rum Runners St. Gregorie's Guild, the weavers and the Gypsy Pirates among others. Iron Bess, Red Maria and a captive wench fired the cannons.

Neko shouted offers of "Free floggings, no sin required!!" to the guests

As always, we had a great time interacting with people and passing out treasure coins to kids.

Sunday morning, we awoke to discover "Jeff" our skeleton, clutching a pair of black panties!!! We're still speculating on how he acquired them!! (I told you he would be the most popular guy at the Pirate Faire!!)

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I had a blast! Literally! Thanks to Capt. Gary that is. Gary thanks for showing me how to load and fire the cannons. I really enjoyed that.

I enjoyed meeting those of you who I have only known online. Touring Gentleman, Mad Gracie, Lucky Penny, PQ and the rest.

I look forward to next year!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

......'twas my turn on dogwatch when Jeff 'got lucky'...thought 'bout tossin' the wench over the side, but, when Aye seen the look in 'ole Jeffs sockets, why, I just let 'er be......

Ohdear...there was almost..ALMOST a wench toss! <_<

That be a might fine collection o' photos, lass.

Be that bilge rat a part o'yer crew? He be a fine lookin' rat and right friendly too.

I be partial to the critters but me first mate don't likes em, so's we make do with the cats, dog, fish and hamster. :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Be that bilge rat a part o'yer crew? He be a fine lookin' rat and right friendly too.

Aye, that would be the recently promoted Commodore Nibbles, a fine an' worthy critter indeed for th' likes of us.

He would be the companion of Eagle-Eye Ayla...

Arrr! By the locked lips of sunken ships! I'm feelin' mighty cooped up here in me "normal" place o' employment...after seein' them fine photos, I'm ready ter start savin' up (time and doubloons) fer next year!

-Redd :)

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

You an' me both, Redd. An' I was there!

This time however, I 'ave plans t' be makin' room for a less quick departure...an' may'aps a hotel stay....

I don' mind th' campin', but I like me th' flushy privvies!