Escondido faire

Bloody_Mary_Bonney

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have to work both days this weekend. Saturday is out cuz I get off at 3:30. Pointless to go for about only 2 hours. I have the pm shift on Sunday the 2nd so I'd have to leave by 2 to get ready for work. I've done that before a couple of years ago. Eh, we'll see what happens.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Its almost here lads and lasses

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Barbados Sam

Eye be lookin for yas there Sat. Morn.

Are ya gonna be there laddy?

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Aye lad. I'll be there Friday mornin' settin' up tha encampment. Not sure of the duty roster or skit schedule as of yet, but I'm sure we'll bump inta each other soon 'nuf. See ya soon!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I can't make it till the fall season of Escon, sorry working Southern faire this year and I am rather obligated since I can only go on Saturdays since I work Sunday.

Wish I could be there!

:(

I know, I am full of disappointments!

Say it aint so. ;)

TWO MORE DAYS !! :(;)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Aye lad. I'll be there Friday mornin' settin' up tha encampment. Not sure of the duty roster or skit schedule as of yet, but I'm sure we'll bump inta each other soon 'nuf. See ya soon!!

i'll get there about noon my friend! and that is by my count 26 hours! huzzah!

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

Kent here everyone Dick from the escondido faire just called me and asked me if I could get any people there to Felicita park in costume tomorrow at just before 10:00 A M for the camera crew who is doing a live on tv account of the faires upcoming two weekends can and would you pass the word and come get on T V (heres that big break you have all been looking for just rememeber us here when you are discovered!) Lets all show up a couple hours early and see whats up, thanks!

HUZZAH :o HUZZAH :o HUZZAH :o Tha HMS Linden cargo ship be loaded an' tha ship's naviguesser, Ves an' I are 'bout ready ta set sail fer Port Felicita ta set up tha encampment! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Unfortunately for me, I could not make it out today (Sat). I had not been feeling well Thursday night and all day yesterday only a little better. My tummy's been upset and I've had some terrible sinus headaches.

I will try again tomorrow and hope I'm in much better shape. ;)

P.S. It's raining like hell here so probably just as well I didn't go.

My sincere sympathies, Christine. :o Prayers to ye an' the family.

Spooky as hell since the 2nd was the 5 year anniversary of my Grandpa's passing. :o

:o

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I won't be coming tomorrow before work. There was a death in my family today. My great uncle, aka grandpa. :o We're going to see the family tomorrow before I go to work, ugh and sighs...... :o

Sorry to hear that Christine, it allways saddens me when someone I know looses a loved one.

Sorry to hear that Christine, take care for yourself.

As for Escondido Faire, apparently on Sat. it rained like hell where I am, yet apparently it barely sprinkled at the faire. Go figure...

Anyways, Sunday the weather was perfect!

Stranglehold has a great new front entrance (I'm jealous), and it was great seeing so many I know from that group there and those that are members here at the Pub.

Even though Pirates of Treasure Cove kind of got squished due to the group to the right of us taking more room than they deserved...we had a great time.

For me, it was very relaxing, great to meet new people and have a good laugh over life and share food and drink.

I had some of that special elixar that Kent makes, and yes as he says it tastes like a great milkshake until it sneaks up on you. OMG! I had about what equals to 4 good shot glass sizes, and I was fine, until I started walking...Boats says I was doing a good drunken image. :o But hey I felt fine! :o

I got to meet Kent's new lady friend, what a sweetheart that Cyneful is!

I also recieved a beautiful 'amber' (it wasn't real amber, but it sure looks it!) pendant from Kent: he had also given one to his new love and her daughter. Awesome, just awesome!

Looking forward to next weekend for sure! :o

Thank ye everyone! My dad emailed me the directions and times for the service this Wednesday and then also for the burial at the gravesite this Friday. I'm not sure I'll attend the burial as well. That's hard to watch. I went to the one for my friend Erin's mother. The service was already so sad, somehow Erin even sang for it. The hard part of the burial was watching Erin's Dad hold on to the coffin and break down and cry. Seeing the coffin be lowered into the ground is so final. I'm not sure I can see my grandmother's face as this happens. :(

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

aye Christine, I am so sorry to hear of your loss....all the loved ones we lose I be thinkin we be meetin agin sometime on the other side where there be no pain or sufferin n we all be together forever toastin n cheerin n there not be ever no hangovers agin....

n also let me be sayin I surely missed meetin ye in person at Escondido n be hopin the opportunity comes agin soon.... :(

Escondido is the best faire in the land bar none (well except for the pirate faire in Ojai) the two locations lend themselves to the wondrous rural surroundings of quiet pre motorized vehicle years. Though the air traffic does occasionally remind you that you aren't in the 16 -17th centuries I love the oak trees and the meadows and sloping countryside park that allows us to faire there. The rain really never came and though its raing hard there right now this next weekend we go back for shows close and I am already thinking what can we do to change and be better? I forgot to mention a few of you on the post in Pirates of Treasure Cove but we'll be looking forward to this upcoming weekend with the entire Pirate Petee enterage. I could use more than an hour break and we'll be ready for ye!