pirate t-shirt project

Zephyr

Actually, there's quite a lot out there on the web, but the best are in the west, as they say....You'll not find anything resembling her now..Any of those are already on me website....things are mighty bleak up in marinaland.. friends moved, but only have 30 days in that spot..'aven't paid me own rent this month, a small fire up the way, general uneasiness in the waterfront...on the other hand, the weather's spectacular, as fall is is Sausalito...A gale rocked me sox off last night, but, now 'tis the time to sand, paint, varnish, and make ready for the winter and the party(when we can't sail, we tear the bone out 'o it.)...Ye need to see this 'ole girl live and up close..your not in Kansas, Dorothy....

Me honor much appreciates your courtliness! I imagine ye do a bit a' writt'n too Sir, ye lack not for a quick mind! Ah, envious, I struggled for a while to learn CorelDraw  (9), gave up an fell back to printshop......

I appreciate such kind words me lady. Though there be plenty here that given half the chance would have more than a word or two to say about it to be sure.

There be some nice things to say about the earlier versions of CorelDraw, though I'm not sure what. Plus all those vector based line and tangent drawing programs on the computer just stray so far away from the basic concepts of real world drawing and painting for me own liking. I mean I use them for logos and line art when I need to but, give me a Wacom tablet and a copy of Corel Painter for the computer anyday, Painter use to be owned by someone else.

Better yet just give me the drag of a nice HB pencil on some slightly toothy paper and I be in heaven.

Better yet just give me the drag of a nice HB pencil on some slightly toothy paper and I be in heaven.

Or the effortless flow of ink from a double-0 .30 mm Staedtler drafting pen onto clean blueprint stock.

Drafting courses.

Sorry, didn't mean to jump in all rude like that. But I totally connected with you there, Stynky.

Apologies to you as well, Zephyr. Me mum would beat me if she knew I had interrupted a lady's conversation. We're Southern, don'cha know.

:rolleyes:

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

Or the effortless flow of ink from a double-0 .30 mm Staedtler drafting pen onto clean blueprint stock.

Drafting courses.

Sorry, didn't mean to jump in all rude like that. But I totally connected with you there, Stynky.

Ahoy, no apologies needed here mate. Now where did that rapidograph pen go? They glide so nice on a piece of clear acetate don’t they?

Drafting courses.

Ahoy, no apologies needed here mate. Now where did that rapidograph pen go? They glide so nice on a piece of clear acetate don’t they?

I was better a pencil or pen/ink woman myself, liking oils a lot but lacking patience.

No apolgies needed, and welcome (being as ye are not one a of those unsavory lot Tudor be avoiden a bit ago, me, I didn't even notice them being absorbed in conversation. Good to have yer mates watch'n yer back and the more the merrier (as likely in the Pirate Pub as amongst daughers of well born ladies....no one has manners like the southern born....nor the ability to put a comment over the unsuspecting (I do love it!))

Though there be plenty here that given half the chance would have more than a word or two to say about it to be sure.

I'm imagin'n they be either mistaken or well deserved, for ye have me as a witness that ye be a faire spoken pyrate and no mistake.

There be some nice things to say about the earlier versions of CorelDraw, though I'm not sure what. :) Plus all those vector based line and tangent drawing programs on the computer just stray so far away from the basic concepts of real world drawing and painting for me own liking. I mean I use them for logos and line art when I need to

They can make a lot of work of simple things......Yer steps up on me, I just purchased a better scanner in the end and what I couldn't design, I freehand and copy...lots of limitations to that though..but it meets the needs.

Looked at the Dover site. That's a treasure! Found Nautical Illustrations: 681 permission free..... Looks like the best back up, used it to round out the free shipper on a couple other shouldn't-be-buying-books that were well recommended.....why ever did they make this world so fascinating! I'm never gonna be able to catch up on it all! (vetching)

when we can't sail, we tear the bone out 'o it.)...

I'm in that fog again, though I did finally figure out the last one.

Ye need to see this 'ole girl live and up close..your not in Kansas, Dorothy....

Aye, someday. Good fortune to ye and sooner than later (marinas).

Nay, Kansas be a bit too dry. No offense meant to any, but fer me, I'd rather be on a coast. Though I have flown over it a few times (the middle part). Our coast be look'n not too pretty just now. Nice an stormy, fog, stormy surf, the moon come'n to full .....but the waters full on brown :ph34r: full'a rott'n kelp, foaming yellow ochre (not to mention the shore.....kelp...flies, dead bees, tar, garbage from Lor knows where).....I'll be walk'n ....somewhere else for a while......

My mistake, Zephyr, I was under the impression that you were in the South Bay, hence the not in Kansas quip. I'm no longer posting on the forum, but your post was lingering before I bailed. 'tear the bone out 'o it'.. a blue collar catch phrase for doing something with gusto...in this case, being piratical whether we sail or not... Don't know what coast you are referring to, but last weekends trip north yielded magnificent beach and shore..just where you hang, I guess..thanks, Gary