Do you smoke it?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • I have but not anymore
    • I know people who do but I don't

Yeah, but you would have missed out on some incredible experiences, like getting caught in a definition-identification vortex, or experiencing brief moments of omnipresence/time travel, or playing Katamari Damacy and actually believing you're rolling up the entire world to make a star... uh, or, at least, I'm told you'd've miss those experiences, yeah.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, Phil. According to some of my fellows, I'm perptually 'one toke away from a psychotic break.' I mean, this one friend of mine is, yeah. :lol:

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I was thinking (again)..... and decided to post two interesting ideas about drug use....

1. Legalize All drugs, then deal with the problems that are already there....or that they creat, or that the Law creats.......

(sorry not running this through spell checker..... )

2. If that sounds to librel..... and Zero tollerence sound better......

Cool.... I can go with that..... lets test the President, then all the Senitors, and Congress, all Judges, and Cops.... All the Law enforcers....... if they can pee clean.... then maybe they can expect the rest of us to play along.......

I never smoked untill I was over 18 (and in the Army...) my entire life, I'd been told that marijuanna would make you want to "rape and Kill"... so when I smoked my first joint, and all it did was make me sleepy..... I kinda wondered what other lies I had been told.....

OK... I don't like coke... I'm already hyper, so why pay $40.00 to put something up my nose that makes me twice as hyper (and the $40.00 should "date" the last time I did coke.....) I kinda liked LSD.... but I get so parinoid, that I never do any drug other than alcohol in public,,,,,, And I had a friend that "fried" his brains on acid..... so I would never do more than one hit at a time....... (and interestingly enough..... I just haven't done any in over 20 years.....) but I'd still like to do it again...... if I could find some that was "clean" (acid is one thing..... acid mixed with rat poison is compleatly different.....)

I do not fly airplaines, operate heavy machinery, drive my car, or do anything to endanger anyone else the few times that I eat an "enhanced " brownie..... (well I like to injest as opposed to smoke it...) The Law may dissagree, but I don't think they can do any better........that part from the Bible...... (kinda sorta..... I'm missquoting....but close enough.....) "You without any sin, can cast the first rock....."

[And if anyone wonders...... NO... I haven't been eating any Brownies (yet) tonight......]

Quoting Daniel Defoe:

"Though you are a sneaking puppy, and so are all those who will submit to be governed by laws which rich men have made for their own security; for the cowardly whelps have not the courage otherwise to defend what they get by knavery; but damn ye altogether: damn them for a pack of crafty rascals, and you, who serve them, for a parcel of hen-hearted numbskulls.

They vilify us, the scoundrels do, when there is only this difference, they rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage. Had you not better make then one of us, than sneak after these villains for employment?"

...............Captain Bellamy

As I've often said, there are those who play at pyrates and those who study the smallest detail of pyratical history...then there are those who believe in and live its principles.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

I "believe in" personal responsibility. What I put in my body is my business, and how I behave is my responsibility. If I do something dangerous, it doesn't matter if I'm "on something" or not, I am responsible for what I do.

There are some people that "shouldn't" do certain things. There are some people that shouldn't own aminals, some that shouldn't have kids, and some that shouldn't smoke pot, some that shouldn't do acid, some that shouldn't drink...

But I am all for personal freedon/personal responsibility.

I'm for the legalization or decriminalization od "drugs". All Prohabition does is, (as stated in an earlier post), make "bad guys" rich and turn "average" people into criminals. People are going to do what they're going to do. I think the money being spent on the "war on drugs" should be used to promote accurate information and help for people who need it.

Yeah, but you would have missed out on some incredible experiences, like getting caught in a definition-identification vortex, or experiencing brief moments of omnipresence/time travel, or playing Katamari Damacy and actually believing you're rolling up the entire world to make a star... uh, or, at least, I'm told you'd've miss those experiences, yeah.

Maaaan! What are you smokin' and where does it come from? Sounds more like one o' them "Martian Cigarettes" that Browsville Station sang about when I was in JR. High..... school that is. :)

Sailor Girl... :lol: Well spoken!

Hi Folks,

I had the ironic privilege of serving in the army during the time of George Bush the First. some of ya might remember him as using, "with dismal effect" US military as drug interdiction forces in So. America. I was one of those lucky guys.

IMHO the only way to defeat the drug trade is to legalize it, tax it and use the proceeds to fund rehab programs. Problem is those who don't wanna be rehabbed are kinda set loose on the public, and you'll end up with areas like "Needle Park" in Amsterdam where entire families live in the park, kids and all.

And again, until we do something about the border, the problems here to stay. People want it, they'll get it. simple as that.

I call my privilege "ironic" because I was nursing an $80.00 a day coke habit til the loving and tender hands of a drill Sergeant named Hernsberger put me through a bathroom door, head first, while it was shut. Kinda take someone who cares to show ya the light sometimes. My light came as a bright flash and said "Men" on it. Still have the scars too.

I've been quietly reading everything here, but I feel I must speak up and speak to the reality. Especially to those who feel pot should be ok for people who really need it.

If you came across a person somewhere with no visible signs of disability, smoking pot, what would you really think?

1. Are you going to quickly make the assumption that they are just drug-heads?

2. Would you make the assumption there is a need for it?

I'm betting on people going with number one question. Sad but true, even though there are people like me who really need it for a reason, even though I show no outward signs of needing it, I would quickly be classified as a druggie by all whom do not know the real reason.

How does that make me feel? I think you all would know the answer to that, but just in case you don't, it makes me feel like I'm some stupid ass that should be hung from the highest tree.

It's easy to say you'd have no problem with someone who needs it, yet again that brings me to the questions I have asked.

Reality strikes again. ;)

One could as well ask that question of people taking "legal" drugs, both prescription and OTC...

My view - every substance on this once-green Earth has the capability of both "good" and "evil" - you can't have one without the other. HOW you choose your "drug" and TO WHAT EXTENT you allow yourself to be captured by it, is totally up to YOU, no one else.

Moderation in all things...after taking a few wide swings to see how the other half lives... ;)

~ Vegetius

• 4 weeks later...

I'll tell ye...

When ye got arthritis, an' a choice 'tween...

...muscle relaxers that make ye drool an' stagger, an' kill yer liver quicker then rum...

...an' a plant that ain't never done no harm te nobody save make 'em eat too much junk food...

...I'll take me herb.

Thanks.

They both make ya drool and stagger.

Can you cite med references that this is indeed so, or is this just personal opinion?

...and I don't end up gaining even more around the middle...

LOL - okay, you get a point there...

~ Vegetius

Dang, for me this is a tough one, I have family members that I bought pot for due to their intense pain from cancer and chemo, but my personal experience with it just made me.... thick.... almost dim-witted. I do feel it should be the right of the patient to at least choose if he/she wishes to utilize it, with a prescription and without the stigma attached.

If I had all the answers.... aw hell, I'd just be more annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

I be smoking it every day. Wich may be the reason I dont post much I seem to always forget what I was going to type. JK! I find that it calms the pain in my stomach that I deal with every day. Plus it is great for meditation as well as writing my music. So smoke if you got em :(

I don't smoke it, I've never been much into substances that can cloud my judgement, reflexes, or reaction times (except for a beer or swig of liquor every now and then)... :rolleyes::(

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in Southern California in the 70's and from 4th grade on most kids and their parents were doing it. When I got to Jr High I started seeing it's effects on peoples lives. It's never something I did or had a desire to do but I do know what a pot plant looks like and I can smell it from a hiundred yards away.

Sir Beachem Quick,

Captain of the . . .

TheMW-1.png

. . . a small but dangerous

crew.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I just saw my 16 year old nephew, and he has taken to "pot" as a form a recreation. He was in the Air National Guard and a licenced glider pilot with hopes of following his Grandfather and I into the Army SOG profession. I can't believe the change. He's 30 lbs. overweight, dull intellectually and slow in reflex, hours after his last dose. I still support it as a medication for intense pain, but for recreation, forget it. I judge no-one in their choices so please don't be offended. This is just an observation.

I see children who are needlessly on "Riddlin" <SP> and other types of meds to adjust their personalities and believe it to be much worse than cannabis as a treatment to anything.

They both make ya drool and stagger.

I prefer to take the pain.

I'm not paranoid, I drive the same no matter what and I don't end up gaining even more around the middle.

Talen, I've known you 22+ years, your driving sucks, you drool normally and you are getting fat!

See you in Oregon, you old fart! He's 40 folks, I'm a year younger, HA HA!

Talen is one the best people anyone could have the privilege to know, my comments about him were ENTIRELY in jest, and he knows it!