GAoP patterns teaser

kass

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see the whole range Kass :)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Yeeeee haaaaaW

Where is the pre oder form????

And, is it cheaper if you buy the whole golden age set????

GoF

(first in line... I GOT DIBBS!)

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Y'know Greg,

every time I look at that pic of you in your purple silk coat I always think how much prettier you'd look in one of Kass's Mantuas...

<_<

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Is it bad form to reply to your own message?

(Why am I asking pirates about bad form...) <_<

Okay, you guys really have me excited about this new line of patterns now, so I'm going to share with you the proposed contents:

RH701 -- 1680s Justacorps and Waistcoat

RH702 -- 1700s Frock Coat

RH703 -- 1720s Frock Coat

RH704 -- 1700s-1720s Waistcoats

RH705 -- 1680s-1720s Common Man's Coat (aka Sailor's Jacket)

RH706 -- 1680s-1720s Breeches and Slops

RH707 -- Lady's Bodiced Gown

RH708 -- Lady's and Common Women's Mantuas & Petticotes

RH709 -- Lady's Riding Costume

RH710 -- 1680s-1720s Common Woman's Outfit

RH711 -- 1680s-1720s Stays (corsets)

RH712 -- Men's Brandenburg (Great Coat)

RH713 -- Men's & Women's Accessories (caps, hats, shirts, shifts, other body linens, sashes, Steinkirks, etc.)

This isn't set in stone yet, but this is the plan for release next month.

Unless specifically stated otherwise, all patterns include options for upper class and lower class versions.

Anything essential that I missed?

The first person to say "Jack Sparrow's Jacket" gets a 25% price increase and must go to the back of the line! <_<

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

hey Kass- does that 1680's justaucorps pattern have details for making it military? I feel a glorious revolution coming on.

Hawkyns

<_<

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Well it doesn't yet, but it could... As I said, none of this is set in stone yet because they're still in development.

Do you know the specs? Or know where I can find them?

Kass

Off hand, marooned in the office as I am, I don't know. I'll check when I get back to my library tonight and let you know.

Hawkyns

<_<

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Yes, please! I'd like to make these patterns as useful as possible. And you know they're rededicating the Boyne Battlefield in July 2007!

What would you call the hooded overcoat that A and B are wearing in this pic (circa 1700btw) and will you be doing a pattern for one?

Frenchseamen1.jpg

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Good Lord! What IS that?

You know, they look sorta like banyans... I mean, they really look like Chinese garments or Middle Eastern coats and that's what banyans originally were.

Could you give me some background on this picture? They look like an aboriginal people. Are they South Seas Islanders? Or possibly Indo-Chines?

I wasn't planning on it, but I could do a banyan pattern too. I have a layout for one and my husband has been whining for one to wear around the house... <_<

They are French seamen on a circumnavigation. The guys with the blankets over their shoulders and the two naked chicks are obviously natives (of wherever they happened to be at that time, I can narrow it down to somewhere between Brest and Brest, the long way), but the two standing figures with muskets (and possibly the seated figure too, can't really tell) are definitely French seamen. The pictures were painted around 1700 by a guy named Duplessis who was on the expedition. They were painted from life actually during the trip by one of the crew, so they are probably among the most reliable pictures of the era.

I've been trying to work out a decent pattern for one since I saw the picture, but with no luck... hoped it might be something you were planning. <_<

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

There's not much detail, but it looks to be a very simple garment. I think they picked them up on their circumnavigation. Don't you think it looks just like the dressing gown hanging on the back of your bathroom door? I could send you the layout if you like. Of course, if you want to use one of my patterns to make it, I bet the Brandenburg pattern would do it.

Now why didn't I think of taking it from a dressing gown? Done yerslf out of a sale there Kass!

(And don't tell everyone you know what my dressing gown looks like - they'll start talking!)

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Terrific stuff. I think we'll be taking the whole set as well. I've been waiting for you to get this line done. It looks smashing...

Let us know when they're ready. I have my Sir Henry Morgan coat to make and the period is just perfect for this.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Well... Let me tell you why I'm hesitating about the discount issue. There are probably going to be 13 patterns in this line and not all of those patterns are going to drop on 1 February. They will be spread out over the course of the whole month. They may even extend a little into March, though I will try my damnedest to make sure that doesn't happen by more than a day or three.

So if you did order all 13 patterns at a discount, I would not ship any of them until all 13 were in print. Otherwise the expense of shipping multiple packages runs too high. And if I asked you to pay more shipping for multiple packages, it would probably amount to the patterns without the discount.

So let me know how you feel about this stuff, guys.

Also before you go promisin', take a look at my website and see the price range of my patterns. Multiple by 13. Still interested?

Just being practical...