Kellogg's POTC Goodies

Connecticut Ben

I have to tell you that the other day I went to Albertson's to buy regular things, and cruised the cereal isle. There must have at least 6 people there looking up and down for that POTC ceral - you could hear them talking about it...All I could do was laugh!

So there's lots of people out there wanting that cereal (no I haven't found it yet).

What's even more funnier, is when I got to the checkstand they had the POTC fruit stuff on their counters, so of course I had to buy one. Haven't tried them yet- they might pull out my teeth...

A guy checking out at the stand behind me saw the stuff too and demanded the checker get him three boxes so he could buy them!

Actually, I'm finding this whole thing to be rather funny! :huh:

P.S. I tried the fruit snacks, they are ok, but not great. Also you only get a few in each little package- rip-off pirates! :huh:

The cereal is delicious. We picked up boxes for the entire crewe and downed half a box while traveling between our upcoming orchestra performance and our Gaspar's Grotto pirate outing. Good eats for pirates and so nutritious too. Beats hard tack to be sure...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I don't know - chocolate puffs and marshmellows? The first three ingredients are probably sugar.

But that's why it's so perfect - eat a few boxes of the stuff, and you can get some gold teeth, just like Captain Jack Sparrow!

Yarrr!!!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

In ther interim, they turn your teeth black in places - very authentic... til the beer washed it away at our next gig.

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

'Tis' true, 'tis true....

'Tis a pity the Disney has no idea how to market their products, aye?? :o

I'm with Rumba on the fruit snacks. No where near as good as gummy bears and shapes that tend to dissapear when they settle. (shrug) Still, they gives you a good reason to start drinking! :o

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...
A friend of mine in New Jersey bought some.  In fact, she's sending me a box!  :D

they have them in Jersey? *dashes off to Shoprite*

Onesies tellin' on me!!

I got mine at Acme - it seems that they are carrying both the cereal and the fruit snacks. I live in South Jersey - so...not sure what they have in other counties...

The cereal is REALLY sweet - but the SEXIEST box of cereal I have ever seen!!! I'm thinking the picture is a might too tempting for kiddies...it's really more like Jack invitin' middle-aged ladies like me to nibble on his kibbles...

:D

das

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine my joy when I got to Tae Bo class tonight and discovered that my friends had bought me a box of POTC cereal! I never buy myself cereal, because I rarely eat breakfast..but I was excited to try this one. I LOVE IT. Maybe it's because I haven't had a bowl of cereal with milk in over 3 years, but this was just yummy.

The picture on the box is pretty darn yummy too.. :P

Well I finally found the cereal. I didn't like it with milk, so I just ate it as a snack out of the box. Three days and gone. No I'm not keeping the friggin' box. Same as with the fruit snacks, into the recycling bin. Sorry I don't need Johnny Depp all over my place.

(Iron Bess, don't tell him that!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've not had the gumption to pick up a box of the PotC cereal yet.

Has anyone bought the Cimmamon Flakes cereal or something like that where you send in 2 UPCs and a certain amount of $$ you get a PotC computer mouse?

I noticed that today whilst I was at WalMart. Pretty wicked! I'm more than tempted! I may just by the cereal for the UPCs... who bloody well cares about the cereal?! Give me th' mouse! :D

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I sent away fer 3 of them back in November, and they accidently sent me some little hot wheels cars by mistake! I emailed them, and they said that they would correct the mistake, but I still haven't received them yet. I know quite a few other people who have received theirs with no problem!

I did that and Received my mouse. Although I am not using it for it sits on my desk looking pretty. My daughter tries to pilfer it for her own usage. How does one tell a wee one to go get their own toys?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I may just by the cereal for the UPCs... who bloody well cares about the cereal?! Give me th' mouse! :huh:

I'm somewhat tempted to do the same, but have managed to resist so far. However, if they made a version of that mouse that came with a scroll wheel, then I would be on it in an instant.