POTC Ride closing for referb....

Iron Bess

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went today for a few hours, got back by 3. My sister wanted to go before work at 5pm. We rode Pirates twice and got our fill. Hopefully it'll hold us til June-lol! It was cool, people singing on the ride, cast members really getting in to it, it was just fun! Got in on Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn and even Mr. Toad's! :huh: Yup, just a fun day today. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yeah it's so cool at Disney - people seem more excited by POTC than any other ride. Everytime we go, we get kids singing, older folks singing, parents, everyone! Cast members there are always enthusiastic too. It's just the "Sweet spot" of the park, imo.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Disneyland owes everything to that POTC ride.

It was near to Bankrupt when it opened.

Pirates of the Caribbean saved Disneyland with the increased attendance and word of mouth.

Walt never lived to see the completed ride but his infulence is everywhere in there.

Yeh, Disneyland owes evrything to that ride.

I'm hoping they show it the respect it deserves. :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I doubt it. :unsure:

Disney never throws money away. They are spending a sizable sum to rehab this. They will not just toss it out when the fervor dies down.

Nope, Disney will milk it something better comes along.

Waste not, want not! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well, I knew things would never be the same again after they changed the chase scene. I knew then it was over for the classic way of things. At least there's the Fantasy Land rides that still stay the same. No real reason to change them.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Oh I dunno...

Maybe we could all fly over Neverland in Peter Pan with the ghost of Bambi's mother. :unsure:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So, has anyone been to Disneyland lately since Haunted Mansion re-opened? I have yet to go there, been recovering from this stupid stomach flu. I've heard there's some slight changes to the ride now. Like Pirates, Haunted Mansion also went thru some minor changes. I heard it would mostly be in the attic scene, the graveyard scene and then the ending with the hitch-hiking ghosts.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg