Death Penalty

Pew

I have always been an advocate of the death penalty. (I also believe that what goes around comes around, and that is where I find consolation in whatever happens to me. ) As far as letting the victim's family be in a room with the assailant is not for me either. I want the judicial system to follow through with the penalty as is within the law. The ricidulous thing is that similar cases result in completely different outcomes.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the judicial system to follow through with the penalty as is within the law. The ricidulous thing is that similar cases result in completely different outcomes.

Thank yer local unscrupulous lawyer fer that....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Win an election? Mayhaps..... IF th' world weren't so Effen Politically Correct....

Only PC thing I do is work on this here 'puter....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Build a gallows and "Hang 'em High" I say!

I'd like t' see it like this:

Trial to conviction

Conviction to appeals (no more than three - State Supreme Court, US District Court of Appeals, US Supreme Court)

Upon all appeals being exhausted, (no more than three years time in prison) go to a second jury phase for punishment

Once you're convicted, and a jury of yer peers declares you should be put to death, ye'd be walked outside t' the gallows.

I think there'd be a lot less crime if we could enforce the death penalty more expeditiously.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Petee, granted, yer right... there are things worse than death... but who's gonna pay for it?  in other times/countries, the family of the criminal were charged for the method of execution... can you imagine having to pay for someone to kill your "loved one"? I think most folks would want to go quick and cheap...

If he is found guilty, put him in the room, I'll bring the implements, baseball bats, hot pokers and blades and such. Keep the doctor around to make sure he stays alive. After the allotted amount of time, put the bastard back in his cell, for life. No need to hire an executioner, I'll do that ish for free.

"Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me The Punisher. "

Petee-2.jpg

Petee, granted, yer right... there are things worse than death... but who's gonna pay for it?  in other times/countries, the family of the criminal were charged for the method of execution... can you imagine having to pay for someone to kill your "loved one"? I think most folks would want to go quick and cheap...

If he is found guilty, put him in the room, I'll bring the implements, baseball bats, hot pokers and blades and such. Keep the doctor around to make sure he stays alive. After the allotted amount of time, put the bastard back in his cell, for life. No need to hire an executioner, I'll do that ish for free.

"Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me The Punisher. "

Petee,

Tis grande that ye offer yer services for free...

However, ye keep wantin' ta put th' offender in "HIS CELL FOR LIFE"...

Again, the upkeep of that cell costs us money, which could be put to a much better use...

Dead people are cheap to maintain... they don't eat, drink, breathe, need new clothes, watch TV, etc....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye! Put the rabid animal in a room with the instrument of their destruction facing them, and a pressure-sensitive switch in their hand. As long as their hand is clenched, they can live. Once their hand fatigues and weakens, they unleash their own death. And we can all sit around watching on pay-per-view, laying bets on when they'll tire.

Another option is a scenario like the movie "The Running Man". Turn it into a game show, where executioners hunt down the condemned and eliminate them, each using their own talents to do so. And make certain to open it up to the game books, so bets can be made on the heads of these miscreants.

God knows that there's enough murderers, rapists, and pedophiles in the world to make it the longest running reality show ever created.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

George Carlin said it best: Take all the really bad criminals, the murderers, rapist, child molestors and so on. Put them all in one area together and let them kill off each other in there. He said then to have the whole thing set up with cameras so we can watch this event! :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

True, vigilantism can be bad, but like the old saying goes, "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself"...

(For the record, no, I am not going to harm one hair on this man's head as long as I am never confronted by him, although God knows I have so often wanted to. But I have my own family and children to take care of, so I can't do it. However, I do have an immense amount of patience, so I know one day, retribution for his crime will come...the Good Lord will take care of him for me on Judgement Day.) :ph34r:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

George Carlin said it best: Take all the really bad criminals, the murderers, rapist, child molestors and so on. Put them all in one area together and let them kill off each other in there.

Hey, it worked for the Bounty mutineers. Just take away the women and South Pacific lifestyle. I wouldn't mind a few of my tax dollars going towards transporting them to a desolate place, like Siberia or Barrow, AK. I would object to cold weather clothing, though. Let those who own it bring it...it would just increase the jealousy and confrontation within the criminal group.

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I always saya the punishment need be fittin the crime. Public beheddins and stuff again will deter em. Ana they shoul dbe dealt with the same way the victim was. I'fn e killed someone wit a knife, well, they should be stabbed the same way and feel what the others went through. Rape a woman ana get yer wee cabin boy lopped off etc, etc... I know it sounds crule ta some, but they got it to bloody easy goin ta sleep and a not wakin up. Tit fer tat I says.

Shoots anything that moves!!

Public beheddins and stuff again will deter em.

Hummm... I don't know about that.... hanging Pyrates and leaving thier bodies in public display did not stop pyracy......

Sorry, but some of the post about unusual punishment, just "hits" me as very wrong. The difference between how a murderer kills, and how State exicutions are preformed is that the first is done visciously, and the second is done according to law.

I don't think that the death penalty "deters" violent crime, but at least they will never do it again.

I think you should get one chance at an appeal thats it...then bye bye....get rid of the whole life without parole...its honest peoples money thats paying to keep a criminal as a "pet"...and another thing to hell with this whole political correct BS.....you kill an innocent person ya die.....you rape a child well then ya should be locked up with alot of other criminals buttassnekid for a few weeks and then if ya live well then ya friggin fry.....if your just a typical lookit me Ima a bad ass thug then fine..ya dont die...you get some free training a free set of clothes a free really big shiny gun and a free plane trip to where ever the hell the army needs cannon fodder....and besides who better to have a tank but someone who is already good at doing drive by's , same thing just really big.....And I think executions should be public and televised , barbaric well maybe so , but a few times of watching a man cook from the inside out just might change a persons mind about robbing that "easy mark"down the street if ya dont like it then change the channel.....and while I'm at making alot of people mad at me I say we need to stop being the worlds "big brother" bring our people home and let the rest of the world deal with thier own problems....close the borders and if yer an illegal well no free trip home amigo ya go jail.....make it cheap and easy for U.S. companys to export but make it damn expensive to import goods (to hell with foriegn companys they shouldnt be our problem)...drill Alaska for oil...the polar bears and the moose will hafta deal with it , there is plenty of oil there we cant get to right now..but do it and see how long it takes for the saudi's to come crying.....ok...I feel better now....I'm gonna stop before everybody hates me more than they do already :huh:

Frankly, i'm too tired to go into big arguments etc but i'll answer one more to try and make people see what makes a person human or a beast..

Chrarity, what my point is in my previous post is that if the person in question was such a animal that he/she murdered/raped etc, then why treat them like a human?

Because it shows YOU are cyvilized!

If it's wrong to kill it is wrong for all..i always believed the USA is one of the most religious countries in the world..

inda hypocritical, Tou shall not kill..only if it's conveniant?

Yes, what goes around comes around is a famous proverb, it means (for those who believe it which does not include me) God will take care of persons who deserve punishment, who made you god?

If you treat a human as a beast you do not show cyvilized behaviour therefor you are are no better.

Sorry this is my believe..i want to give the right excample of how to treat other humans and that means i will not fall to their level and kill another human being but again this is my opinion and since most people here feel different if not all which is your right i will not shut up.

I forgot to say, many rapists are NOT beasts they are human beings who were damaged by other human beings, often by the very person they called father.

They are often victims themselves..

One last thing..calling a beast an animals is an insult to the animal kingdom..

hero.jpg

*Sigh*

I already said..and i will say it again, one who has a thing such as that happen cannot be held responsible for things you say.

In such a case you simply cannot be objective..

I find that therefore not a good excample but that's just me.

And, you may all think i'm an idiot..but to hear such harsh words about another human being is horrible to me, it doesn't make the world better at all.

I'm no nun myself but i try to be human and humane even if someone is "bad".

hero.jpg

And I also have my opinion too, when a person kills in cold blood I don't consider them human anymore. It's inhumane. Especially the crimes where they dismember their victims. My uncle's nephew was brutally murdered on his first and only visit to California. I didn't even get to meet the guy. He went out with friends down by the beach. He was at a bar, just hanging out with friends. These 3 guys got drunk, decided to pick on him and his friends. They beat the crap outta him with a baseball bat. He was brain dead, they sent him home so he could die back in South Dakota. The even worse part was my aunt had just lost her older son to a boating accident earlier that year. In one year she buried both her sons. We were never able to find the bastards that killed him. Once they beat him so severely they took off. My aunt was a basket case for some time after that. Trying to find out who did this to her son. To this day we never did find them. They may have killed again for all we know. People are quick to say it's inhumane to kill another human being, but the killers don't give a crap about their victims. They'll kill you without any thought and will continue to kill. I remember watching a news report where this guy went on and on how wrong the death penalty is. The one reporter asked him what he would do if his wife or child were brutally killed. He kept trying not answer, tried to change the subject. It's easy to say it's wrong when it doesn't affect you.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

My chips on the table..

He said then to have the whole thing set up with cameras so we can watch this event! 

And I might add make it pay per view so the proceeds can go to the victims family to pay for there burial cost. Dieing in America is a big Industrty all around.. It cost my family, and we had no insurance,near $8000.00 to bury my 20 yr old brother.. 2yrs. ago..

Eyes think the system is backwards in that It's called "The CriMinal Justice Sytem" Why not the victims justice system ?

As for those whom would rather Jail than execute, It's my opinion that those persons ought be burdened wit the taxes required to run the Industry of prisons in America. I hate payin fer ya liberal rules and laws ect. No wunder ya had to fight to get me higher pay just so I can be taxed-out to those very programs liberals support. MOney in a hole...Justice ought be swift ! Eyes sigh in disbelief when I hear about someone apealing for the six time in ten yrs. an ya know they did it! :(

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

It's easy to say it's wrong when it doesn't affect you.

Maybe it is, maybe i am wrong..who knows.

I won't say i know i am right or i know it all..i just know how i feel and it's just my opinion that's all.

I am very sorry for anyone who goes through that and i am sorry for your losses but i still think in such a position you cannot be expected to be rational.

I am not either..i want to kill off the bastard who abused me, bit by bit and make him suffer..but i also know that sort of thought is very wrong and i am not better either so i try to fight the thoughts as we are supposed to forgive..says so in the bible..that one you all read i'm sure.

And..pay per view?

That is plain sick..sorry <_<

And now..i will be wise and get out of this because no one here will change their oponion, it is not what this thread was about anyway :)

No hard feelings, it's just a discussion nothing more :)

hero.jpg