Death Penalty

Pew

Seems to be alot of DP cases in the news lately.

Do you believe convicted murderers can be rehabilitated to the point of being reincorporated into society? Or have their cases be mitigated to Life w/o Parole?

Should it truly be an "eye for an eye"?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be alot of DP cases in the news lately.

Do you believe convicted murderers can be rehabilitated to the point of being reincorporated into society? Or have their cases be mitigated to Life w/o Parole?

Should it truly be an "eye for an eye"?

I don't think that if someone deserved the death penelty "they" (the red tape killing america) should wait around wasting tax dollars feeding the rat bastards! Just effin do it! Do it now! Let them all die first without waiting let them rehabilitate with st. peter!

While were at it I think rapists caught in the act should have "junior" chopped off at the root! Theifs caught in the act right thumb cut off caught twice left thumb cut off! Harsh? Tell em to go efff themself! Either be a part of society or start your own in hell!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

It's easier to say yer for it or against it when it doesn't hit close to home. But when a loved one of yours has been killed you'll be out for blood! It's also not easy if the killer is yer son or daughter. Such a difficult situation. Someone suffers in the end.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I am for the death penalty, under certain justifications... I shall explain...

I agree with a right to appeal, however, I think it should be no more that three times... I think it would be grande if the person on trial, at the end of the third appeal is found guilty, would be dead within the hour....

Being that we have "degrees" of Murder it is difficult there as well...

1st degree, sorry, you loose... your life is forfeit...

2nd degree, some room for possible rehab, but don't push yer luck...

3rd degree, more room for rehab, but still...

Much more can be said on this subject, but I shall refrain for now...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Kill 'em.

Not only murderers, but rapists and other violent criminals as well. It's the blatant disregard for the law that makes me feel there's little hope of rehab. For the families of the convicted, yep it sucks. It also sucks for the family of the victim, so the entire situation sucks overall. Give 'em the chance to appeal, as not all of their rights should be forfeit just because of a court ruling. The hard part is where to draw the line. Should everyone convicted of 1st degree murder hang? Or is there maybe some mitigating circumstances that do not downgrade it to 2nd degree murder, but might make a lesser sentence acceptable? Of course, and that's why we have judges and jurys. The death penalty should be the maximum penalty (can't really get much more than that unless you kill the family and friends as well, or kill them in a gruesome and painful way, but that's a bit overboard). Just because the death penalty is an option doesn't mean that it should be required for any offence.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I have a number of friends that are former cops, detectives, and FBI. Their message, based upon their collective experience, is that murderers, pedophiles, and rapists cannot be effectively rehabilitated. They will commit more despicable crimes, each one worse than the one before. The only effective remedy is to destroy them, just as we would a destructive and murderous animal. The responsibility is on Society to pass judgement correctly, effectively, and swiftly.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

A way with words ye have there, Jack...

Wonderfully put...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

against 100%!

I think you just don't have the right to kill someone..(yes..even in wars..d*mn there shouldn't be any..) and killing in the name of justice is still killing.

And let me say it before you do.."If your kid was murdered you wouldn't feel that way.."

If my kid was murdered i wouldn't in any way be able to be objective so such people cannot be take in account for such reactions imo.

Being objective because i have not lost anyone through murder or anything..to me it's wrong.

The only effective remedy is to destroy them, just as we would a destructive and murderous animal. The responsibility is on Society to pass judgement correctly, effectively, and swiftly.

Sounds great..if that's the only way you can pass judegement or punish is to kill..maybe we should start cutting off hands against theft and so on?

Many thiefs never stop doing it either..

hero.jpg

Sounds great..if that's the only way you can pass judegement or punish is to kill..maybe we should start cutting off hands against theft and so on?

Many thiefs never stop doing it either..

Now, now, now, love. You're painting with an incredibly large, and if I may be so bold, liberal brush. I am not equating petty thieves with pedophiles, muggers with murderers, nor rapscallions with rapists. The punishment must be commesurate with the crime. But to argue that punishment is on a linear scale is naive at best. In truth, it's best represented on a logarithmic scale. Minor crimes receive minor penalties, but as you climb up the scale of offenses, the penalties must become radically harsher. If a human being decides (yes, I said decides) to become a predator against his own kind, in this case we are discussing humans, said predator must be eliminated. They are a danger to you, me and everyone. Personally, I do not care to pay, via ever increasing taxes, to house and feed these miscreants. Exterminate them, and let that be an example to those who dare to follow in their footsteps.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Put a friggin' rope around the dumb bastards' necks and let 'em swing. I don't care to try and "rehabilitate" someone who has murdered or raped a child, or anyone else, for that matter. If the justice system would get rid of all these damn liberals and stretch a few necks, maybe we wouldn't have as many of these problems as we do. Do it publicly, and afford the criminals no dignity or respect. Criminals are damn lucky I'm not their judge! B)

P.S. I'm not talking about petty criminals here, I'm referring to criminals guilty of particularly heinous acts, such as murder, rape, child molestation, etc.

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

No offense meant or arguement saught for but i feel you are talking about..well anything but people.

Call me an idiot, maybe i am..but to me they are people and people you don't tread badly or i say..who do you accuse if you do the same?

To me death penalty is wrong, doesn't mean anyone has to agree.

One get's killed for killing someone..but you're doing the same...kinda weird to me but again, as someone wrote me just now..it's ok to agree to disagree B)

hero.jpg

Now, m'self...

I've always fancied the thought of putting them into a tidy room with the family of the victim.

The family well armed of course.

Same as was used agin the victim.

B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Has the red queen says " Off with their heads" It should be done publicly. and no sissy lethal injection. either a rope or a pistol shot to the back of the head.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

My point precisely..that is behaving like the one who did it, then how can you say you are better?

Giving the right excample devides the animals from the beasts...

Before my head is shot off, no i am NOT calling anyone here a beast..just giving an excample.

hero.jpg

Ya know, the reason you have health insurance through work and your children aren't forced to work in factories and your salary isn't $1 per hour is because of the "damn liberals". There are folks on both sides of the fence who are unrealistic about the way things are - this isn't the fault of just one side.

I tend to be a pragmatic liberal. For me, this isn't a black and white issue. I know that there are people who are simply not able to be rehabilitated and don't belong on this planet (have dealt with some personally, in fact), but also don't want to run the risk of executing an innocent person. More than one person on death row has been proved innocent and later released and I'm sure more than one innocent person has been executed. I'm gratified that we have better technology to prove a case one way or the other, but our legal system is too flawed to make it even close to foolproof.

RHJMap.jpg

Chrarity, what my point is in my previous post is that if the person in question was such a animal that he/she murdered/raped etc, then why treat them like a human? get it over with quickly. How long have people like Tookie been on death row? how many appeals etc? thats the problem with this countries penal system. Too many one more times. What the US should do is fire all of our prison gaurds and wardens. get either the Koreans or the Chinese to run it. Let the Malaysians in their has well. things would change drasticly. all the prison reform system does IMHO is teach a lot of criminals to be a better criminal. Dont get me wrong there are a few people that do go to prison and LEARN from the negative expeirance. a lot more dont though. Sorry about the tangent.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

Charity, lass, I do respect and value your opinion, and you are indeed entitled to it, but speaking with the experience of a man whose sister was brutally murdered, then her killer went free after four years, and tried to gain custody of his daughter (my niece), who saw him commit the act and is forever emotionally and mentally scarred from the memory of it, you are correct in your assumption that I disagree with you and view such criminals as animals. To me, they are NOT people, and as someone mentioned previously, are like rogue animals which should be destroyed. Does that make me as bad as they are in some peoples' sight? Probably, but I care not for their opinion of me, only how my heart feels. Then my own government is going to force me to pay taxes to feed and clothe these people and give them a comfortable stay in "prison"...it hardly seems fair to me. Nay, if I be a cold hearted animal for feeling this way, so be it. If I had the chance to avenge my sister and drop him with a bullet between the eyes, I'd damn sure do it in a heart beat. B)

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I believe that instead of killing them outright, they should be used for medical research. Why test on innocent animals when you can have the real thing and get faster and more accurate results. This way the scum bastards can give something back to society. And when the time comes to put them down, mandatory organ harvesting (with the exception of their black hearts of course).

This system would also minimize the amount of time they are a burden of the State. They die quicker, making room for more scumbags which will ease the prison crowding problem as well. Added bonus would be they wouldn't have a lifetime of leisure to be able to find God, write books, and win Nobel Peace Prizes (I'm still amazed at that irony).

B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

That scene from Pulp Fiction comes to mind......."Time to get midieval on his ass"........

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Alright...

Now I did say I was for the DP, with certain Justification... you may go back and reread my first post...

These next lines are entirely my opinion... take it as ye may....

Now, lets take a few things in hand here...

"Killing someone who has killed someone, makes you as bad as they..."

Wrong... someone who murders for whatever reason, most likely for their own benefit, reasoning, etc., has committed a crime... after said individual is 'found guilty of said crime by a group of his peers' and is then executed for that crime... that is Justice... sadly it is a poor bit of 'retrobution' for those who lost the murdered person...

Allowing the murderer to live in prison, burdening his peers further... that's a crime too...

"I've always fancied the thought of putting them into a tidy room with the family of the victim."

Very Native American of you... this was a form of 'punishment, or sentencing' dealt by many native tribal counsels.... I find it a grande idea, but alas... many folks wouldn't have the stomache to make it worth wile...

"I know that there are people who are simply not able to be rehabilitated and don't belong on this planet (have dealt with some personally, in fact), but also don't want to run the risk of executing an innocent person. More than one person on death row has been proved innocent and later released and I'm sure more than one innocent person has been executed."

Every system has its flaws... but, how many innocent people have been executed vs. guilty? I'll take that risk over leting the guilty go free, or live on in prison, with the possibility that they might get parolled and commit the same crimes again...

"If I had the chance to avenge my sister and drop him with a bullet between the eyes, I'd damn sure do it in a heart beat...."

Cap'n Midnight, I feel for you... this shows one of the flaws in the system... Might I add if you get the chance, drop his lawyer first...

However, Vigilantism can be just as bad/dangerous as the criminal...

Barbados Sam, interesting idea, the Medical experiments... however, the organ harvesting... would you like a blackhearted criminal's organs in your body? Most folks wouldn't...

Petee, granted, yer right... there are things worse than death... but who's gonna pay for it? in other times/countries, the family of the criminal were charged for the method of execution... can you imagine having to pay for someone to kill your "loved one"? I think most folks would want to go quick and cheap...

Patrick, Perfect... excellent point...

Opinionated Bastard, aren't I????

Just some food for thought, which I'm sure many out there can give me counter ideas to...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif