Sea Battle & Americas Cup

Ahoy mates!

The captain's computer is still floatin' belly up, but he is doing his best to be back on-line soon. So I will give you a run-down of our adventures of this last weekend!!

We sailed out Friday afternoon aboard the Royaliste from our home port of Sausalito. We sailed out of the Golden Gate and out into the open sea. There, we met up with the Privateer Lynx and the Hawaiian Chieftain. The Chieftain pulled up along the port (left) side of the Lynx and escourted her in. We had come about (made a U-turn) and were on the Lynx's starboard (right) side ahead of her. We gave her a nice broadside in honor of National Talk Like a Pirate Day and to give her a welcome her to the bay area... PIRATE STYLE!!! ARRRRRRRRR!!!

The Lynx and the Chieftain, both being equipped with large motors, were able to pull away... well actually eh.. RUN AWAY from us as they seemed 'disinclined to aquiesce to our request' to engage in battle!

We gave chase after them as they pulled into San Francisco, taking a swing by the audience that was there to watch the Americas cup. As they were coming out, we caught them in our line of fire again, and gave them another broadside from our starboard cannons!

That being done in fine fashion, we came about and saw a line of ships heading straight for us... we'd managed to put ourselves dead center in the on-coming boats in the America's Cup race!

We moved as quickly as possible to port and had the right of way, as we were under sail, but an enormous triple decked ship that looked something like the Love Boat on LSD, blocked us from getting out of the way in time!

Our captain shouted his displeasure in no uncertain terms at the lumbering hulk and revealed the appropriate finger to her captain! For the next thing we knew... there we were in the middle of the Americas Cup!! It was like being in a swarm of mosquitos!!! We were the pirate ship going the wrong way, right there in front of the audience and the ESPN camera crews in the hellicopter! Snoopy, our helmsman did a fine job of navigating us through the middle of the swarm.

We returned to port to let off the crew and to pick up Lucky Penny Hawkings who joined us for an overnight anchor-out off shore. We headed out and anchored in a cove were we barbequed steaks and drank rum until late that night. ARRRRRRRRRRR

We woke the next morning and headed out for another fine day of sailing. I spent several hours at the helm and loved every second of it! Lucky Penny did a fine job firing the ship's cannons.

...and then coming through San Francisco, it happened again- I now have legitimate bragging rights as a pirate and can say that I have sailed a pirate ship the wrong direction through the middle of the Americas Cup! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Life at it's finest mates, life at it's finest!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

My personal piece of amusement for th' weekend:

...when we were anchored out on Friday night, while the sun was goin' down, hearin' the sound of wee ones "Yo Ho Ho"-ing at us from the shore :lol:

Not that comin' t' challenge against the America's Cup was not fun either...which I 'ave some pictures from, by the by... Claire did a bang-up job sailin' us through that!

It was a wonderful time...to say the least!

*mutter* now I wanna go to Ojai....

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Now THIS sounds like a good time!

...Our captain shouted his displeasure in no uncertain terms at the lumbering hulk and revealed the appropriate finger to her captain!  For the next thing we knew... there we were in the middle of the Americas Cup!! It was like being in a swarm of mosquitos!!! We were the pirate ship going the wrong way, right there in front of the audience and the ESPN camera crews in the hellicopter!  Snoopy, our helmsman did a fine job of navigating us through the middle of the swarm...

Capt Gary on the Royaliste, no? Either way, it's a good Captain that has a grasp of sign language!

The Captain (or crew) might consider giving ESPN a call to see if you can get your hooks into a tape. I'm sure they got it captured on an air-check, so call for fees and see if the Royaliste got some air time. There's also the possibility of a rebroadcast...

Only by great risks can great results be achieved.

-Xerxes

Yup, that was Captain Gary of the Royaliste with his finger in the air, actually I think it was both fingers of both hands as such a blatant breech of sailing etiquette was in need of the most stern form of correction! :lol:

And we're already on it for trying to get the film footage. One of Gary's helmsmen has a friend on the staff of CNN and assured us that he'd jump on it monday! :)

Greetings to the crew of the Royaliste.

That tripple decker, big ass boat that does not know the Rules of The Road" is the Roin owned by the Oricle Billionaire, Larry Ellison. He does own the Bay after all. He may use his vast fortune to hunt you down!

That is the fattest merchant ship on the Coast! You should have taken her as a prize!

Those destined to hang, shall not fear drowning

Nope... we know Larry Ellison's boat. Believe it or not, this one was even bigger. The name was "Lady Lola" out of Georgetown Cayman Islands. If it is possible for a prize to be too big, I'd say this one was. More of a floating building, complete with "galley slaves" who were putting fresh flowers on the white linen table cloths and adjusting the shade umbrellas on the upper deck. Might have been fun to set the galley slaves free though... :huh:

myladylola.jpg

Oh if only we COULD have raided that lady..

Coulda drained the pool and filled it with grog.

Or...not drained the pool and filled it with pirates holding grog.

Hmm....

:huh:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

:huh:

Aye mates- Can ye' imagine the hotub filled with Captain Morgan with the heat and the bubbles on!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! CANNON BALL!!!!!! *SPLASH!!*

Leave it to a pirate to think o' new uses for al-kee-hol..... :huh:

:ph34r:
:) ....Aw, 'eck, 'twas yet a third 'appendage' aye wuz shakin' at that other skipper, too!!!....... :ph34r:

Shoulda lined up the 'ole crew that way, Captain. In one brief moment, you could've redefined "broadsides."

I dunno.... I think if I was t' flash me bum at anybody, I'd be blindsidin' 'em an' not broadsidin' 'em....

For th' sake of all involved, I am glad m'knickers stayed right where the were..

O'course, I was still at work when the first (and more infamous) pass of Lady Lola occurred...so... :ph34r:

I figured I'd leave that to your discretion as to weather you wanted to mention the exposure of that appendage or not!!! :ph34r: But since ye' did mention it Captain... I tell ye, I sure wish that Lola wasn't such a big ship- I'd have given every dubloon in me pockets to see the expressions on their faces up close!!! :ph34r:

Hmmmm.... I wonder if yer 'appendage' is in the unedited ESPN footage??!!

Here she is- the biggest and baddest of the gals on the Royaliste's deck with her new name "Seven"

LC7cannon2.JPG

Our target, the Privateer "Linx" just beyond the Golden Gate.

LCLinx1.JPG

The Hawaiian Chieftain, our other target, arrives to escourt the Linx in under the Golden Gate.

LCLinxChieftain2.JPG

First mate Raul lights "Claire" on the port side as we move into position to rake the Linx's stern with a lethal blast...

LCLinxClaire1.JPG

KA-BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!! GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LCLinxClaire2.JPG

Hey guys... don't run away!!

LCLinxChieftain3.JPG

Aw c'mon... we were only playin' with ye'!!!

LCBowsprit1.JPG

The fireboat salutes the Lynx under the Golden Gate.

LCFireboatLinx.JPG

Another of the fireboat.

LCFireboat.JPG

Please see the previous posts for more photos and video...

The Hawaiian Chieftain fires a salute under the Golden Gate.

LCChieftainFiresSalute.JPG

A pair of prizes along the San Francisco skyline.

LCLinxChieftainSkyline.JPG

Who says there isn't a prize at the end of the rainbow?

LCRainbow.JPG

And after a night of celebration anchored out on the bay- a beautiful sunrise over the Royaliste's guns...

LCSunrise1.JPG

Sunrise on the port side guns

LCSunrisePort1.JPG

Light breaking gently

LCSunrisePort2.JPG

Another day dawns... another target in site!!!!!!!!!

LCSunriseSwivel.JPG

The ones I took are still on me Flemish painter. I'll have to get those up here soon.

I was distracted by makin' a few things, so I ended up..well, yes. Bloody sewin' machine's got a siren's call almost as loud as the sea.

Notice I said almost :ph34r:

Oh if only we COULD have raided that lady..

Coulda drained the pool and filled it with grog.

Or...not drained the pool and filled it with pirates holding grog.

Hmm....

:ph34r:

Yarrr, that may be the solution next time miss penny! :ph34r::ph34r:

I be a Cut Throat for Life!!!!!!

(-=CT=-)