Pirates of the Caribbean: Worlds End

Mad Matt

Found this title listed on Wikipedia. IMDB lists several actors as 'Turkish prison guard', 'Turkish guard', and 'prison guard'.

Just by the title, maybe someone will try to sail "to the ends of the earth". Barbossa could have been foreshadowing in the first film when he and Sparrow were fighting in the cave: "You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here, there be monsters!"

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Just by the title, maybe someone will try to sail "to the ends of the earth". Barbossa could have been foreshadowing in the first film when he and Sparrow were fighting in the cave: "You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here, there be monsters!"

Good one!

I never gave that a thought and ofcourse in those days, didn't they think the earth was flat?

Or was that earlyer, in any case..might be a reference indeed.

Also, POTC3 being the one where Barbossa comes back big time..good point mate :)

hero.jpg

No, they didn't think the world was flat after the 1400's.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

hey billy bones, got a bit of a silly question...

WHAT is that thing in jacks hair? the little stick bone thing? usually on the left...

sorry, but it bugs me, and me and my friends were talking about pirate costumes and it got turned to that somehow, and we were all taking guesses... and then i thought maybe i could just ask you, if you knew.

it looks like a really long needle... or maybe its a feather minus the fuzzy, or maybe its a back scratcher, i dunno... B)

In 1492 Columbus proved the earth was round by sailing to the new world. He never did make it to America., only the America's..., The Dominican Republic/Haiti (Hispanola) was as far as he got to America., The Santa Maria., was wrecked and used as parts for a Spanish fortifacation he sailed home on the Nina which was a much better sailing ship anyway. The Santa Maria wasnt much more than a small cargo ship.

1492 being the 15th century. 25 years later everyone was doin' it. Ferdinand Magellan., Legaspi., and Cortez ! B)

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

In 1492 Columbus proved the earth was round by sailing to the new world. He never did make it to America., only the America's..., The Dominican Republic/Haiti (Hispanola) was as far as he got to America., The Santa Maria., was wrecked and used as parts for a Spanish fortifacation he sailed home on the Nina which was a much better sailing ship anyway. The Santa Maria wasnt much more than a small cargo ship.

1492 being the 15th century. 25 years later everyone was doin' it. Ferdinand Magellan., Legaspi., and Cortez ! :rolleyes:

I understand the whole columbus thing but can someone explain to me how that actually proved the world was round it showeed that it he sailed west he wouldn't come the whole way around to india but just hit a further landmass. Its not like he went around america. I mean i understand that he thought america was india. But if that's the case, why do we consider him to be the one that proved earth was spherical?

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

actually, by 1492 most people already believed the earth was round. columbus just proved it somehow. but you can see the curve of the earth on the horizon over the sea, and you can see a sail on a ship come over the horizon way before the ship itself. its not hard to figure out the globe is round.

• 4 weeks later...

The thing in Jack's hair is a bone. It actually, on close inspection, looks like the penis bone of some aquatic animal. When I get back after the holidays, I'll ask somebody.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

1492 being the 15th century. 25 years later everyone was doin' it. Ferdinand Magellan., Legaspi., and Cortez !  :(

Actually he did make landfall on Central America (Panama) and South America (Venusela) and his third voyage. Almost crossed the ismus of Panama to see the Pacific Ocean but turned back. To the day he died he thought he had discovered a route to Asia. Did you know he thought the Island of Hispanola was Japan?

As to the Earth being flat even in anceint times there were people who thought the Earth was round. There was a Greek philosopher in Egypt (his name escapes me right know) who calulated the circumference of the earth using the sun's shadow. He was only off by a few tthousand miles.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Hmmm... World's End. Could mean variety of things. But. we shall see eventually. IF the bloody hurricanes stop roaring through! Kiera mentioned that filming is taking longer now. At the rate they were going they may not finish up until Oct '06!!! Crazy...

As to the world being round... no comment.

& the bone in Jack's hair... was to my understanding that it's a bone net needle or whatever you call those blasted things. It's a type of device to repair the holes in nets.

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well, the latest rumour is that the title of POTC3 will be Uncharted Waters. Guess we'll just have to see, eh?

http://www.keeptothecode.com/2005/12/new-p...otc3-title.html

I like that title. :)

:ph34r:

A pirate by heart, a pirate in my soul

I always steal whatever I need, no self-control

I always long to sail my ship and explore the sea

So you'd better beware me!

Because Captain Pirate is near. And a girl too so fear

Don't you dare to question me and I might let you live

I fight and kill those without skill

So surrender now...and bow!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is POTC2 or 3 but BARBOSSA FANS READ :lol::lol::huh::huh:

THANKS TO WWW.WHERESTHERUM.COM AND MOSTLY MISCHIEF FOR FINDING THIS!

What can be more wonderful then THIS in the beginning of 2006? YAYYY...

It's confirmed by DarkHorizons.com ;)

"Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) owes a blood debt to the legendary Davy Jones, ruler of the ocean depths and captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. His problems merge with the wedding plans of Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who are quickly involved with the misadventures of Sparrow.

After evading death at the hands of Davy Jones and his army of sea creatures, the couple returns for their wedding and Jack plans to sail off into the sunset. Then, suddenly, the villianous Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) reappears, having been newly-resurrected by Chinese black magic, and ruthlessly murders Jack before he can flee. Knowing that he can still save his friend's soul, the newly-married Will begins a journey into the Far East, which sets up the adventures to take place in Pirates of the Caribbean"

HAPPY NEW YEAR BARBOSSA FANS!!!

Ofcourse that is relevant LOL, comfirmed or not, we have to wait and see if it's true.. :lol:

hero.jpg

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else heard the Japanese Buzz that in Kingdom Hearts 2 for the ps2 or whatever game system... you encounter Jack Sparrow on a PotC world?

I know G4's X-Play has shown clips of the Jap version but the English translation won't hit until Spring.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF