POTC ride updated

Barbados Sam

Here's a link to a site that talks about changes that will be made to the POTC ride early next year. Jack Sparrow has arrived!

http://www.miceage.com

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Barbossa's Parrot?? What happened to the monkey??

I'm all a twitter with excitement. I won't be going on the grand opening or the premiere. It's just something our family isn't able to do with a special needs kid, but we will definitely be hitting the park soon after school starts.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I just had to share this from the other board.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, See Pirates 2 and 3.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, See Pirates 2 and 3!

Starring Johnny Depp and Keira in Red

Drink up me hearties yo-ho

We tried to get Keith Richards but he was already dead

Drink up me hearties yo-ho.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, See Pirates 2 and 3.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, See Pirates 2 and 3!

:lol::lol::lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

'Tis a shame it has to change. The ride is already a classic. I was severely disappointed when they did away with the animatronic women being chased by pyrates. Now the pyrates chase food? They've got food on the ship, mates. The lasses are what they be havin' in the port, not a turkey leg!

I don't know that the changes will improve the ride any. I just hope it doesn't make it hokey, or worse...

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

I really hope this is just another bad rumor! ;) I of course love the movie, but leave the classic ride alone! It's bad enough they changed the pirates chasing wenches scene, but this.....ugh! And Barbossa's parrot??!! What the hell?! They can't even get that right, he has a monkey! What's wrong with leaving the classic ride as is? That was Disney's baby and he died before it even opened. Ugh, *shakes head*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Political Correctness is such a filthy word. Ought to be censored <dripping sarcasm> ;)

Interesting that the ride that spawned the movie, is now changed by said movie. I guess they have to since too many people will be confused without seeing Jack and the gang. Reinforces my belief in the stupidity of most people.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

I wouldn't belive everything you read, mates. One its not Disney official, two if they wrote the story and got Barbosas parrot wrong, I don't know how accurate the rest of the story is. This is what I heard is going to happen. The whole ride will be the same during the day, but at night time, at some point during the ride, the boats will change corse and thats when you get to see the new stuff like jack and undead pirates and such.

Petee-2.jpg

I don't see how the boats could change course, they run on tracks, and I highly doubt there will be any further construction on the ride to change that. There is a limited amount of room to work with.

Also for it to be different at night than day, would be a costly situation and probably not going to go over well with the paying people who can only come during the day.

The only thing I can think of that might be added is a copy of Jack Sparrow near the end of the ride before it goes uphill.

aw, come on, i'll never see the original version again? i missed it last time i went... and now they're changing it? sure, it sounds cool if you ignore the fact that it was the BEST ride at disney to begin with...

great. now im mad because of jack sparrow. what has happened?

If you read the thread (and article link which Bess notes) that I refer to above, it sounds more like they are creating an alternate path at night that will be different and more movie based. The original ride will remain the same if I remember the article correctly.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

There were all these rumors going around for quite some years that the Tiki Room would change. Disney World has changed it and I heard it's pretty annoying with a more modern take. The same was supposed to happen with Disneyland as well. Nothing has changed yet, so many people complained about it, demanding it be left alone. I remember there even being petitions being sent around the net against the idea. Perhaps Disney will see with Pirates as well: leave the classic ride alone.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I think there shouldn't be any changes at all. The movie is based on the ride, it's been around WAY before the movie! If they want something to do with the Pirates movies they should build something completely new. Leaving the classic ride as is.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

The Imagineers I've met take great care to keep the spirit of Walt Disney alive and well, far more than most others in the Disney conglomerate today. But as Walt himself said,

"It's something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing...and adding to."—Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."—Walt Disney

The Disney properties are always being changed around. Go visit Epcot once. Or MGM. The ride is great but each of them is different... each time they were built in the new parks they were improved upon and changed. That is Disney... always changing, always imagining something new. In fact, in the new book out on the ride they consider the Disneyland ride the most inferior of all of them because it had to be backfitted into a space that wasn't designed for it.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

But look at the Small World ride, that has never changed. And I doubt it ever will. So, why can't they just leave the Pirates ride alone as well? It's a great, classic ride just as is.

Speaking of Disneyland, I'm heading up there again tomorrow with my sister. She's working all weekend and can't go with the whole family this time. I'll be riding the Pirates ride a few times I'm sure. I'll also check out that new book by Jason Surrell. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

The Magic Kingdom Small World did change here in Orlando. Went through nearly one year refurb. Living Seas at Epcot recently closed, even though it has one of the newest attractions, Turtle Talk with Crush. So things are always in a state of flux.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

But look at the Small World ride, that has never changed. And I doubt it ever will. So, why can't they just leave the Pirates ride alone as well? It's a great, classic ride just as is.

Speaking of Disneyland, I'm heading up there again tomorrow with my sister. She's working all weekend and can't go with the whole family this time. I'll be riding the Pirates ride a few times I'm sure. I'll also check out that new book by Jason Surrell. :)

Ah, but the DL version of IASW does change during the holidays, right?

With the refurb hurricane spoke of for WDW, it did spruce up the ride quite a bit, and added a facade (as you walk into the queue) that's akin to DL's IASW, which I was impressed with. It's missing something though...I'd like to see laser guns added. ;)

With the day/night rumors for DL's pirates attraction, I've heard about it too from the Disney powers that be, but that would require alot more refurb time than just a few months, in my opinion. I take that information with a grain of salt, but the more recent refurb info leaks a bit more seriously. Not sure how I feel about those updates that'll tie the movie into the attraction more. I'll keep an open mind about it until I'm there to witness it.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

they are! I am as obssesed with Jack Sparrow as the next emotional teenage girl, but I at least have the common sense to realise that Pirates and piracy is something bigger then Johnny Depp in eyeliner(no matter how hot that is). And after a while, the whole Jack Sparrow thing is just going to get a bit old.

Well, at Disneyland today I talked to more than one cast member about this change. Even some higher up peoples as well. No one knew anything about it. Some even looked ahead at schedules to see if it would be closing in March. There is nothing. So, for now, there will be no changes.

The only change to Small World is on the outside. Like right now, it's decorated for the holidays. But really it's the same annoying kids singing the same song. And yes Sophia, I'm all for doing a crossover ride, The Buzz Lightyear ride mixed with Small World. Shoot the singing brats with the laser guns! Now that would be a great change-LOL! B)

Oh, hurricane, I think that Pirates book by Jason Surrell is so far only at Disney World. Only a few knew what I was talking about. I was told to keep checking back, hopefully it'll come in eventually.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

The only change to Small World is on the outside. Like right now, it's decorated for the holidays. But really it's the same annoying kids singing the same song.

Great. Thanks Christine. Now I've got that f---ing song in my head....and it WON'T GO AWAY.....Arrrrrrgh........

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."