POTC ride updated

Barbados Sam

I think that Pirates book by Jason Surrell is so far only at Disney World. Only a few knew what I was talking about.

If that's the case, we may have to designate someone to do a group buy from Disney World!

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

i can help with the song-stuck-in-head problem... everytime i get it stuck, i just remember the one that was on mad tv a while ago...

its a world of terror,

its a world of pain,

its a world of dolls who will eat your brains

dont try to scream or yell

its the barbie dolls from hell

here with satan's undead dolls!

who was it that played jack? i missed it...

Folks, Amazon.com is selling the PoTC book for far less. You can get it now for around $15 plus s/h. At WDW, where they indeed do have the book at the Market Place, as well as the Pirates Bazaar, the book goes for the $22.50 as hurricane noted (less the discount if you have an AP).

If yer interested in buying the book, I'd aim for Amazon. If yer wanting to get it signed by the author though, PM me and I can ask. I can't make any promises though. :huh:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

That's true. I paid around $18 for an extra copy off of Amazon.

I'd bet they'll have it over at Disneyland in the next week or so. The original release date was right around this time.

Anywho...on the attraction update again (the one with the Sparrow AA and Davey Jones addition, etc), I'm interested in finding out of they'll use Bill Nighy's (sp?) voice for DJ on the ride. I got a kick out of him in Shaun of the Dead, but blimey the guy's voice is only a notch or two above Ben Stein (Bueller, Bueller) in terms of excitement. Wouldn't that put the guests to sleep?

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

:ph34r: Buttered toast!

(I'll bet no one but me is immature enough to understand that.)

Stinky feet!

Pet the chicken!

(I have two boys ages 6 and 11, plus my husband who loves that show. :ph34r: )

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Choke the Chicken

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Morning mates...

Yeah, yeah, I've been gone a few weeks and need to catch up.

I was out at the Park, working Monday and I also just talked with Imagineering for you.

Yes, there will be some changes to our Disneyland POTC but not to the extent in that article provided at the start of this thread. They would have had to close the ride down already and been at work some months ago!

The Night and Day idea is too expensive and too time consuming however... there WILL be the additions of several *Key FIgures* from the films incorporated into the ride. They are looking to next JUNE to have it completed, however time is not on their side so they say. (Shrug) It's an ugly business! :)

For you purests, like I am, have no fear. Nothing that we seem to find Sacred will be altered to the point of being undone or unrecognizable. For you mates that live, eat and breathe the POTC films I think you'll be plenty happy with what is being added.

WDW and Disneyland will NOT be similer in the changes so each park will have a differnt expiernce for you.

That's the latest for now and I'll try and keep a finger in this to keep you updated.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I don't mind the little changes, little references to the movie. Like the portrait of Blackbeard, Peter Ustiov, at the end of the ride. Just before going up the waterfall. They could change that to one of Capt. Jack Sparrow. Little things like that would be okay and would keep everyone happy.

Now, here's something I wondered: With all the Star Wars movies that came out have they thought to update the Star Tours ride?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Now, here's something I wondered: With all the Star Wars movies that came out have they thought to update the Star Tours ride?

Hey! No postwhorin'. Get yer own thread! ;)

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

A new video for the Star Tours ride has been debated endlessly by Star Wars fans. My belief is that Eisner ticked off George Lucas enough that George washed his hands of the project.

But there are always rumors in the SW community that the ride will get a new "movie".

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

A new video for the Star Tours ride has been debated endlessly by Star Wars fans.

The accurateness of the axe that the original Gamorrean Guard figure was holding has been debated endlessly by Star Wars fans... B) On occasion, I used to just sit in the forums at TF.N (back when there were 10 or 12 forums instead of the dozens or possibly hundreds they have now) and wait to see what they would come up with next to argue about. B)

I say go ahead and change it! What the heck? They should incorporate EU characters like Mara Jade and Corran Horn while they're at it.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Sam started this post and I doubt he'll mind that I asked. Besides, it's not that big a deal and doesn't take up much space. It's somewhat on topic anyway, a ride at Disneyland that could get changed as well.

Aye Christine...yer welcome to contribute anything ye like ta me thread luv....ye be Immortal after all, eh? Ye'v earn'd that right B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

There was talk (OK typing) eairlier in this thread about a Pirates of the Caribbean book... and that got me wondering.....

Do they still sell the "Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean...The story of the robust adventure in Disneyland and Walt Disney World" (dang long title.... ) It was a magizine sized booklet, with behind the sceens and picturs of the ride (and all the words to "Yo HO (A Pirate's Life For Me)" )my copy was printed in 1974.

Is this the kind of thing that I should STOP looking at, and double bag it..... :huh: