looking for Jack Sparrows baldric buckle

Ye be needin the assistance of the yahoo potccustoming group. Follow said link to those like minded. Ye will find the treasure ye be looking for there.

Yahoo's POTC Costuming Group

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Well, then you haven't asked the right people. JackII be a right good source for info on authentic Capt. Jack Sparrow pieces. JackII also be a member of this here pub, so's ye can PM. Good Luck in yer endeavor.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Sad to say, you and upteen million people want the same thing.

I think people appreciate a person who is more inclined to do their own ideas instead of copying.

That said, I can tell you that Jack ll being done by a gal in Arizona, is done very well. It's surprising how many women don't realize it's a woman under that beard and make-up.

She'll even tell you that I offered to 'cuddle up' to her at one event. :lol:

Sad to say, you and upteen million people want the same thing.

I think people appreciate a person who is more inclined to do their own ideas instead of copying.

Must we start this again?

Besides lets get real.

I have NEVER seen an original pirate outfit YET!

They are ALL copies of someone's idea of what pirates looked like.

Copies of artowrk or descriptions.

So unless you lived back then or ride the seas in a dingy with automatic weapons...

you're still just copying someone.

Jeeze

You know I think about this more and more. I wish I could change my forum name? Can i? I came up with my own pirate prosona and my own costume because people only see you as one thing being Jack. I have been doing Sparrow for 3 years now and its time to move to something more self done and not ride the wave someone already made.

I leard this over this year when I wanted to play music with my fellow ren-peeps but nobody would ask me to join in as they only knew me as Sparrow. Its nerve racking.

Most of been Terrible for you Jack , It bloody well is now! - Capt'n Jack Sparrow

Please forgive me, I don't want to make waves or create problems.

Do as you wish, and please forget I've said anything.

Aw, nothing to forgive RumbaRue. It be the "other" part of yerself stirring the witches pot again. :o Now make a nice spell on OL Jack the Pirate sos he finds his way to his true pirate self. That and the fact he won't find any of the Jack Sparrow pieces anymore because they have all been bought up. :o

~Black Hearted Pearl

Personally I raped robbed pilaged and took what ever ideas someone else had., trimmed off the fat., added my own swag here an there., did infact help design my own cut of coat., truly one of a kind (Not the blue velvet frock-My new Black one) mixed them all together and WHAM !! My own mess., and I am content with it ., actually happy., and sometimes happily drunk it my "Garb" . B)

But thats besides the point the real reason for my post is to welcome Petee to the Philippines!! B)

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

The man that made Jack Sparrow's baldric has a small leather shop in the San Fernando Valley. I know he got the buckles from England. Not much help, but maybe it's a lead.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Personally I raped robbed pilaged and took what ever ideas someone else had., trimmed off the fat., added my own swag here an there., did infact help design my own cut of coat., truly one of a kind (Not the blue velvet frock-My new Black one) mixed them all together and WHAM !! My own mess., and I am content with it ., actually happy., and sometimes happily drunk it my "Garb" . :o

But thats besides the point the real reason for my post is to welcome Petee to the Philippines!! :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Petee-2.jpg

I made my own baldric buckle by sculpting it in plasticine then molding and casting it in resin. It's a "cold cast" bronze which means there is actual metal powder mixed with the resin. It can be polished to a shine and looks like brass. I added a very strong wire form to it to add strength as resin is not that strong. It's still not strong enough to use as an actual buckle but then again...I'm not. It's mostly an ornament.

I've also made my own leather tricorn and have pretty much sewn the rest of the costume myself. Except the shirt which I already had.

No one had boots that were quite right , so I bought the caboots and modified/added my own buckets.

Jack's baldric buckle is used in another pirate movie as well, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

But, all this is a moot point eventually as the baldric buckle changes greatly in a future film.

Not gonna be an easy one to make out of resin :lol:

Oh well, maybe old Cap't Jack Spareribs will keep the old look. :lol:

hey billy bones that sounds like a pretty big lead

only if there is away we can contact him or find out whats the name of his shop that would be very cool matie :P

That would be:

Sword in Stone (name of the shop)

And the crafters name is Tony Swatten.

He's made a few of my swords.

He does have a site so you should be able to find him with little effort. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Bess, sorry, but the baldrics weren't made by Sword In The Stone. I just hesitate giving out the guy's address or number until I talk to him. First name's Brennan, and he works out of a small garage, not a shop. He's made most of the baldrics for these shows as well (for the principles). BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

I talked with the guy from Sword In The Stone 3 years ago but his prices where not that great for what you get sword wise. Give me a Del Tin any day.

A little triva What movie was Jack's Baldric buckle used in before POTC?

A hint; He was a former Pirate and later worked for a King.

Most of been Terrible for you Jack , It bloody well is now! - Capt'n Jack Sparrow