Ahoy! Davey Jones is needin' the likes o' ye!

Redd Oktober

Avast there, mates!

For any of ye who might be havin the pleasure of setting yer anchor in California's, Silicon Valley, I'm firing the signal cannon fer yer help.

The lovely people of Los Gatos, California (including merchants and the local constables) have constructed an enormous addition to their annual charity haunted house. The addition is a pirate village (nicknamed "Tortuga" fer all ye Johnny Depp fans)...and we be needin' a boatload o' buccaneers ta fill it! We need swashbucklers, drunks, rabble-rousers, and other forms of piratical brethren. We could also be usin' help in manning the other scenes (some are non-piratical...but still fun).

Known as The Haunted Forest, the event's proceeds benefit:

D.A.R.E.

Los Gatos Volunteers in Policing

Los Gatos Disaster Aid Response Team (DART)

I and a couple of other Bay Area pirates will be helping out, and would love to have ye out there with us.

This would be a marvelous opportunity fer us ta meet, and also for those of ye who attend other shows to practice yer interaction with landlubbers (the audience).

If ye be interested...please hoist yer black flag and I'll be sending ye more information.

-Redd

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Hmm... thar be many a Central California pirates, mates. Hopes they rise to the challenge, I do.

Not a bad plan as fund raisers go. Burbank's Disaster Volunteer Program has a budget that's hangin' by a-

::SNAP!::

Damn it all, there goes the budget again! 'Scuse me, won't ya?

Only by great risks can great results be achieved.

-Xerxes

Aye...I be thanking ye fer them kind words, "Gentleman".

Arr....I just came back from the warehouse where the talented folks of the Haunted Forest are currently building their haunt. Tortuga is HUGE and elaborate! They've even got a 14' facade/stage based off of "The Black Pearl" moored off to the side of the buildings. Everything is brand new, and they're plannin' to add more.

There is talk of having a theatrical "slide to life" rope swing fer pirates to disembark upon. It would be a shame to waste such a wonderful set by only having lonely little Redd and a couple o' other swabs manning the decks.

This is not a blood and guts Halloween show, the directors want to keep it delightfully frightening (not nauseating). Behind the scenes...it's a fun, warm, atmosphere (as warm and friendly as pirates get, that is).

If you would like to learn more about the show, visit www.hauntedforest.org. They've got photos of past shows, and even got some "makin of" photos of Tortuga (and...I think... some rather rediculous pictures of Redd there as well).

Redd an his mates can't wait to meet anyone from Pyracy willing to spend an evening with us. B)B)B)

REDD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ARRR!! Redd and his mate "Lucky"Pat are goin' ter find themselves on a local cable station here in the Silly-Con valley. Here be the infermation for any of ye interested folks! If not...well, ignore this crazy salt fer an urchin (whatever the hell that means) :lol:

the Haunted Forest Episode of Police Connection will air the following: In Los Gatos and Monte Sereno, CA it will air on Channel 15 on Wednesday, October 8th at 7pm and on Thursday, October 16th at 8pm, In Saratoga it will air on Channel 15A on Friday, October 17th and Friday, October 24th at 6:30 pm and in San Jose it will air on Channel 15A on Thursday, October 16th and Thursday, October 23rd at 6:30 PM

REDD.jpg

There be another "Lucky" one aye?

Hehehe...

Will 'ave te keep me eyes open on this...*pokes a saber at Channel 29, th' scariest public access station in th' known world!"

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

If I were on that coast I might think about volunteering but unfortunately I am not. I was thinking about why they used the title Los Gatos? Kinda like when I heard about the El Camino. I never bothered to think about a meaning of the name but later when I did it just didn't seem to fit.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

You're frightened by 29?! I have ter be on the bloody thing! :(

So you KNOW what I be meanin' then, eh mate? Some o' the weirdest stuff t'ever grace th' idiot box comes up on that channel.....

Well...Tis been a while since I last sailed with salty old Pat...I have no idea how much luck he may still have!  :(

I promised I didn' steal too much of it....

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Ter El Pirata: Me mates and I thank ye fer the kind thought! If I ever find meself in yer neck of the briney blue, I'll be pullin' up ter yer port ter buy ye a pint!

Ter Lucky Penny: Steal all ye like, lass... That could be yer chief choice o' plunder...other salts' luck! :(

REDD.jpg

Ter Lucky Penny: Steal all ye like, lass... That could be yer chief choice o' plunder...other salts' luck! ;)

For those moments when m'not stealin' other people's buttons an' wigs...

Ohdear. Best not let the Guv'nor hear me talkin' about that.....

*fakeInnocence!*

Gads... I am so booked already, all through October, but this sounds like fun- If nothing else, I can forward the info to our pirates. Can you please email it to me at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com

Additionally, I can usually get a pretty good size crew of pirates together for an event, but not on short notice. Next time an event comes up in Northern CA in need of pirates, with a bit of advance notice, I can spread the word to quite a few people and be more helpful. Some of our events are scheduled months and as much as a year in advance.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

• 3 weeks later...

AARRRRRRRR!!!!

The Sea Ghost sails tomorrow night!

Don't forget, that any of you are more than welcome ter come party/haunt/act/swashbuckle...whatever at the Haunted Forest! Check the Calender fer more information. Any of you San Francisco Bay Area Pirates are more than welcome ter join us....Just show up, ask fer either Stuart Kuramoto, Brian Patterson, or Peter Overstreet...Any one of 'em will be glad ter help ye find yer spot!

'Member, tis all fer charity!

Take care!

REDD.jpg