Phoenix Arizona

Aye, that we did. Next year, I will plan for attending both days and partying all night. For Ruby's first time with her electric wheelchair, she was having a ball. We plan on modifying it to look like a tallship for the AZ Ren Festival in March.

Huzzah! to Deigo and Rummy for coming out and having a great time with us all. :lol:

Just to let all you nice fairing lords and ladies in the know! I bought the tickets to the BIG faire for the three day weekend of Feb 18th, 19th and 20th 2006 already and we will be camping at the koa campground in rattlesnake! (i think its rattlesnake) Huzzah! Then too we be booked into faires till june already!

Fer the need of knowin to yez all plannin to make the plans early! we be going back fri sat sun and coming home monday on the weekend of march 4th and 5th (pyrate weekend there I think) as well!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, that we did.  Next year, I will plan for attending both days and partying all night.  For Ruby's first time with her electric wheelchair, she was having a ball.  We plan on modifying it to look like a tallship for the AZ Ren Festival in March.

Huzzah! to Deigo and Rummy for coming out and having a great time with us all. :lol:

Just to let all you nice fairing lords and ladies in the know! I bought the tickets to the BIG faire for the three day weekend of Feb 18th, 19th and 20th 2006 already and we will be camping at the koa campground in rattlesnake! (i think its rattlesnake) Huzzah! Then too we be booked into faires till june already!

Fer the need of knowin to yez all plannin to make the plans early! we be going back fri sat sun and coming home monday on the weekend of march 4th and 5th (pyrate weekend there I think) as well!

Myself and at least 4 of my crew will be there that weekend. It could go up as high as 7 or 8 if plans work out like they are looking. I of course will be there every weekend but that one is when the others from NY, CO and MI will be flying in. Since I live here we won't be camping but we will be moe than happy to party after faire hours with anyone willing.

Diego, my friend,

The weekend of Feb. 18-20 also be the weekend of Estrella War. The second largest SCA event in the USA. There be historical critics at this site, but the merchants there be outstanding. There be a particular fabric merchant with the most delightful brocades of skulls and swords. If the winds of coinage be my way, I be hoping to pick a few yards that weekend.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

It all depends on Sandy. If she can get Friday off, we will most likely head out to Estrella War that day so we can play with you and Rummy all weekend at AZ Ren Faire.

delmar is suppose to be out at Estrella War with the crew of the Barking Spider (an SCA "pirate" group from New Mexico). Estrella War is NOT about pirates. It's an SCA event that frowns on tricorns, much more so than an Elizabethan Era Festival for Profit.

I'd much rather play with you and Rummy.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

well it be no joke the miles atween the two seem do able jes once ye gets yer camp set up at a campground it's a pain to tear down and all ye know! So I say do S C A Friday and SAT SUN MON we partay! Bring yer tent as well cause we're going to be campin someswhere close enough to go there as a break in the day shower and go back to fair to close it down in the evening (and try and get the invites to certain parties ye know!)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Diego,

Is ths the KOA campground you'll be staying at. Apache Junction/Mesa KOA I could not find one called "rattlesnack".

~Black Hearted Pearl

First of all B H P you are right and I am in the process of making the reservations for fri sat sun and mon nights it's $20.00/day for a tent and 2.50 additional per person/day more than two! The bummer is only one tent! I figured I'd bring an old piece of shyte tent, a little camp bbq and coolers and leave that all there whilst at faire and come back to it waiting there for me. She said there is a jacuzzi and pool open year round But they close at seven pm! So we'd have to get back from the faire in a hurry to enjoy the magic of the pools hydrotherepy and the tent area is no more than 90 feet to the priv, pool and jacuzzi! I think everyone should plan on camping here and party on!

My crew and I will be staying at my house, way the hell out in Avondale, (think LA) but I know of a grat littel bar right near the faire we can go to. A buddy of mine lives right across the street from the faire and this is his local hangout. Pirate Party!!! :lol:

My crew and I will be staying at my house, way the hell out in Avondale, (think LA) but I know of a grat littel bar right near the faire we can go to. A buddy of mine lives right across the street from the faire and this is his local hangout. Pirate Party!!! :D

we are all talking here the presidents day three day weekend right? Any way Rummy went by the K O A and says its an ant hill looking for anything like tumbleweed in order to find some shade. So I guess now were looking for a hotel! Would love a jacuzzi and a non smoking, king size bed ! Any ideas?

We just made reservations at this hotel:

Best Western Superstition Springs Inn

1342 S Power Road

Mesa, Arizona, United States

Phone: 480-641-1164

Fax: 480-641-7253

about 21 minutes away.

The two closest hotels were already booked up.

~Black Hearted Pearl

we are all talking here the presidents day three day weekend right? Any way Rummy went by the K O A and says its an ant hill looking for anything like tumbleweed in order to find some shade. So I guess now were looking for a hotel! Would love a jacuzzi and a non smoking, king size bed ! Any ideas?

Well I am going every weekend. I live in Avondale, it's a good drive around 45 mins I guess but a straight highway shot darn near. You all might wanna look further away and remember until you get right close to faire it is highway.