Pirate related collections

Scupper

Ahoy mates. i be wondering if any of ye collect piratical items. I collect pirate/nautical beer or liquier items, labels, bottles and such. I also collect models and or figures that i make or paint. I also have started collecting items with a piratical connection. Lighters, tins, decals and so on. What be you collecting? I'd be willing to help and trade with anyone interested.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

I have been collecting pirate and nautical action figures and small children's action figures.

I also collect old tools as well as make nautical tools.

I've made quite a few seam rubbers and wood/bone marlin spikes.

am working on a wood mallet right now.I got some heavy,old oak for it.

a caulking mallet is next.

I have a simple old draw knife that is one of my favorite working tools.

also have a nice collection of pirate and nautical prints,

a couple of flintlock avon bottles,

and a variety of tins with ships on em.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

My nautical collection consists of things to be used in our pirate encampment- lanterns, candle sconces, rum jugs *hic!*, barrels, a jail cage, repro non-functional and functional flintlocks, a compass, tankards, cutlasses, lots of costuming, nautical bottles and of course my two favorites... "Jeff" our decaying skeleton in a barrel clutching a treasure chest and the infamous "Land Shark" our soon-to-be parade float

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I collect compasses and gimballed candlestick holders and a few other items more nautical than piratical.

I have about 15 old compasses, but now they're getting too expensive for me to collect. Most of them I inherited from my Dad... along with some of his lanterns.

My collection of gimballed candle holders is approaching about 38, most of them in pairs. Pewter, brass, silver. Mostly brass. Some have hallmarks, and the best pair I have was made in London in the early 1800s from what I can tell. Made of pewter.

The other really cool treasure in the family (one of my brothers has it, also inherited from Dad's collection) is a real divers helmet. It's one of the neatest things....

:blink:

The extent of my pirate collection seems to be centered around garb...

"Red Rum"

Yeah, and yer wife's collection of anything and everything with a Jolly Roger on it... the apartment looks like a plundered pirate ship. heehee

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

I collect Pyrate bar para... paraphe... paraphen...

STUFF.

"parle...parsnip.....parcheez...par...kay..."

"BUTTER!"

*blink!"

Sorry. You had to be there I think :blink: But it was the first thing that came t' me mind when I saw that...

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

LOL Lucky Penny.

I'd be intereseted in your wood/bone marlin spike capt weaver.

I be collecting simular plunder capt Donovon. maybe we could trade sometimes.

Well mates, if you be needing anything I can find in the northeast, i'd be more than happy to help.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Arrr! I try to collect anything that a true scallywag would use (i.e. firing pistols, battle ready cutlass, me medal named "The Finger"). They just add to the flavor of me attire.

I also tend to collect rather strange objects (a ghost bottle, preserved scorpions, etc.)...although I'd better get a nice seachest fer it all...it's kind of invading me sleeping quarters.

-Redd :lol:

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Hmmm, pottery (a great deal has been broken over the centuries), bottles, cannon balls, reales, cannon (still have to figure how to get it to the US), mortar rounds, pieces of swords, etc. Most of my stuff was found scuba diving and humping through the jungles of Central and South America.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I should never have read these postings; makes me want to go and spend more money that I don't have.

:)

But seriously; it sounds as though many of you collect some fascinating items.

Is anyone interest in old knives, especially sailor's knives? I'm having someone forge a sailor's sheath knife with a squared-off point for me. Now THAT might be an interesting area to collect! I've seen an ad for "American Primitive Knives' 1750 - 1870", or some such title, in Smoke and Fire...

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Ahoy-

Well, in me collection me has:

firing and non-firing flintlocks

powder horns

some armor and garb from the movie The 13th Warrior

viking swords

runes

cutlasses

hrm lemmesee...oh yeah, i collect dragons too :ph34r:

just started me hunt for pieces o eight...

and me collect different types of absinth (the real stuff)

:ph34r:

Purveyor of fyne plundar since 1605!

hrm lemmesee...oh yeah, i collect dragons too

Artemis, I love dragons! I have about 25 so far (no two of the same material). My favorite is a dragon that serves as an oil lamp. He holds the wick in one hand, and has his head in the other. When the lamp is lit, he is staring into the flame. I also have one made out of folded leaves. I try not to light that one. :ph34r:

I saw a picture of one in a Thai restaurant that was comprised of butterfly wings. I am on the lookout for one similar.

I also collect Wile E. Coyote stuff (hence the name), and have a large shrine to him at my office.

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

AARRGH !!! (habbit?)

Lumpsa wood I collect, tis me trade see, wood butchery, aye lumpsa wood large, small, hard `n soft `n tools, got lots o` them too, old `n new, gob loads a chisels, axes too n` a beatiful old adze (with a broken handle, as of last time I used it ! ) Me favorite being me ole Dads(another salty sea dog, RIP) Lovely round wooden mallet, never used it, it just sits on me shelf an reminds me o`stuff...

Boat stuff I love, tis in me blood, I have of course me boat (see picture) and I collect, signal flags, lanturns, nautical books, brass things, bronze things, port holes, you know ..? And knowlegde, I try to collect a bit of that too.

B)

Ne jamais essayer d'enseigner un cochon pour chanter.

Boat stuff I love, tis in me blood, I have of course me boat (see picture) and I collect, signal flags, lanturns, nautical books, brass things, bronze things, port holes, you know ..? And knowlegde, I try to collect a bit of that too.

B)

And she's very nice. :)

Alas, th' only thing piratical I collect right now is clothes, but that's not countin' much since I be makin' most of it.

Today, however, I found m'self fishin' through a button bucket at th' fabric store, an' I came home with a slew of 'em. I think that be part o' my tradition...collectin' buttons as part o' me plunder.

Shiny ones, o' course. Pewter, bronze...something that woulda been easily yanked from some scallywag's coat. :)

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Arr, it's weapons for me. 2 matchlocks, 3 blunderbusses, wheelock dragon, wheelock pistol, tower pistol, Tulle D, 3 cutlasses, lostsa knives and some blunt swords for combat. All working weapons.

Oh, and books, yeah- lots and lots of books......

Hawkyns

B)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

You Scum bag You maggot you cheap lousy faggot, happy Christmas ya ass, I pray god tis our last !!

Shane MacGowan.

and it looks like ya collect a bit o pogues music.

they were a deliciously angry group.

:angry:

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Today, however, I found m'self fishin' through a button bucket at th' fabric store, an' I came home with a slew of 'em. I think that be part o' my tradition...collectin' buttons as part o' me plunder.

Shiny ones, o' course. Pewter, bronze...something that woulda been easily yanked from some scallywag's coat. :)

buttons can be a lovely treasure.

I can remember my grandmother letting me play with the buttons in her button box.I always looked forward to that as a child and have collected buttons ever since.

I like the shiny metal ones with coats of arms or military symbols and all glass buttons

I have several tins dedicated to the various types.

Capt Weaver

Dr. Samuel Johnson

wheelock dragon, wheelock pistol, tower pistol, Hawkyns

I love the grace and beauty of wheelock guns.

have a wheelock project I've been working on with my dad,but it is presently stalled while we try to find proper springs.

Capt Weaver

Dr. Samuel Johnson

buttons can be a lovely treasure.

I can remember my grandmother letting me play with the buttons in her button box.I always looked forward to that as a child and have collected buttons ever since.

I like the shiny metal ones with coats of arms or military symbols and all glass buttons

I have several tins dedicated to the various types.

:D

Yep! That's about what I was looking for. That, and just really "old" looking ones that look like they've been around a while.

They're quite multi-purpose, I have to admit... :angry:

Buttons, I TOO remember my gran havin a wooden box that opened out like a metal tool box with a huge aray of buttons, shiny buttons all shapes n` sizes, metal, plastic, bakerlite `n wood a myriad of `em, like a treasure chest it was . Funny remembering a forgotten memory ?

She had a glass full of little cutlass shaped plastic cocktail swizzle sticks too ? Christ, begining to feel like I`ve been regressed !!

I bet you did that thing at school where you`d thread a length of string through a large button, doubled, returned back through button and tied off, hooked over a finger on each hand and wizzed furiously ?

That reminds me of a length of plastic that came free in a cerial box `n you had to make a hole each side of the... never mind !!

Ne jamais essayer d'enseigner un cochon pour chanter.