Pirate related collections

Scupper

Charts yeah, I`ve got more charts than you could shake a stick at !

Mostly England and Northern France, loads of em, no treasure maps though, not that I`d tell of if I did `ave, AARRRGGGHH !! :blink:

Ne jamais essayer d'enseigner un cochon pour chanter.

Got a number of repro maps, mostly caribbean 16th and 17th C. Picked up a copy of Blaue's atlas a couple of years ago. Also found a copy of Basil Ringrose's South Sea Waggoner. Love looking at these. The artwork in the margins is tremendous and the detail is fantastic.

Hawkyns

:blink:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I have a great book;

"how they saw the new world"

by ernest and johanna lehner.

it is nothing but reproductions of woodcuts and engravings of maps and newly discovered people,plants,animals and such.

there is also a kool collection of portraits and signatures of explorers.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

I am starting a colection of pirate related bottles. Whether they be beer, ale or liquir. I'm even colecting spices or condiments. I also have some old bottles as well as reproductions to use in me re enacting

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

I collect old and new bottles and decanters.

I am starting to do ropework on em.got protect em from breakage on board.

:(

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

• 5 weeks later...

Bottle collecting sounds interesting; besides the beauty of the bottles, and the lure of hunting down sought-after pieces, you'd also have the added attraction of being able to use them as pyratical props!

An expensive hobby, be it?

:ph34r:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Bottle collecting sounds interesting; besides the beauty of the bottles, and the lure of hunting down sought-after oieces, you'd also have the added attraction of being able to use them as pyratical props!

An expensive hobby, be it?

:ph34r:

Capt. William

there are beautiful bottles in all price ranges.

the older hand blown bottles can be VERY expensive.

but every once in a while a good one shows up at the good will or at a garage sale.

found a reall pretty one that was hand blown into a mold.

:lol:

Capt Weaver

Dr. Samuel Johnson