ANOTHER Fells Point (Balt., MD) Pirate Festival

blenderwench

Ok, so the date is September 10th. I KNOW it is far in advance, and I KNOW it is during renn season (Deaf Awareness Weekend). So I KNOW that many folks won't be making it. But anywhoo, just throwing it *out there* in case anyone is interested:

The Fells Point Development Corporation (non-profit) is hosting a Pirate Festival in Fells Point, Baltimore on September 10th. It starts at noon and festivities run all night. I have been told that the blocks will be closed off, and they will have entertainment in various forms (they have shanty singers, storytellers, comedy acts, etc..) and pirate-esque ships docked for tours. The block party will run from noon until 6:00 p.m. AFTERWARDS, starting at 6:00, there will be a pub crawl until bar closing time. Captain Morgan will be running some MAJOR drink promotions.. rum, rum, rum rum...

So those that want to continue the festivities AFTER Maryland Renn Fest, you can always come by for the pub crawl after faire closes. And, of course, those that want to forego a day at MDRF should come out in all their garb regalia and celebrate PIRATES!

I am helping this non-profit group get the word out as best as I can. I was told that they would love it if there were some pirates mingling around in garb. So, there's the gist of what I know, I am sure I will have more details later to come, but if interested, MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!!

The Blender Wench

To see pictures from our Fells Point Pirate Invasion in April, go to www.baltimorepyrateinvasion.com

PS - Pirate Invasion at the Maryland Renaissance Festival is September 25-26

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

UPDATE: I want everyone to be clear, that although the details of this event have not been completely revealed to me, the target audience is the *normal* people.

It will not be like our April Pub Crawl, which caters to more of the Renaissance community and I do intend to do again next spring.

This is more of a block party festival, there will be a pub crawl, and if folks want to come out in garb to lend itself to the atmosphere, it will be appreicated. For me, personally, it is worth a look-see to check things out and see what ideas I can get for our RENNIE pub crawl next spring.

Of course, I will share more once I know more. This is all just a hunch.

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

Blenderwench - great name btw

Is there a webpage to find updated information on this fest? I would like to keep up with this one if I can.

Thank'e

Willie the rumrunner :(

You can ner' have enough sand in yer stew.

Black John and Black Dog - I will look into this and find answers for you. (I am not hosting this one - just helping to get the word out). I know that it is still in the very preliminary stages of development overall. As soon as I find out more, I will definately post on this thread, so keep checking back.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait till Sept.Blenderwench and I has so much fun in April for our Crawl that I can't wait to do it again.......Fells Point has a very rich maritime history.If you are coming out of town you may want to book your Hotel soon.Baltimore always has something going on,Baseball,Football,or drunkin pirates.....

"No matter where you go. There you are."

I was thinking. When these piraty things come up I can list them in Nor'easter for free in the events section since it's kinda boat related. I know it's a long way off, but when it's time for the next pirate invasion you guys could send me a press release and I can get it listed.

• 1 month later...

I was given a few more details on the Privateer Day not too long ago. Let me explain - no, that would take too long. Let me sum up:

Privateer Day

Fells Point in Baltimore, Maryland

September 10, 2005

Celebrate Fells Point’s 275th Anniversary - a seaport village with a past. Learn about the neighborhood’s privateers and their feats of derring-do.

Noon - 5:00 p.m.: Entertainment, storytelling, ship tours, etc.....throughout Fells Point Area - particulary on Broadway Street

5:00 - 6:00 p.m.: Pirate costume contest with prizes at the Square on Broadway; Registration for the Grog Crawl - ($7 fee. Participants will receive a metal tankard as well as other gifts)

6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.: Grog Crawl! If you arrive after 6:00 p.m., you can register for the Grog Crawl at One Eyed Mikes (708 S. Bond Street)

Details can be found at:

http://www.fellspointdevelopment.com/privateerday.html

Sponsored by the Fells Point Development Corporation

• 2 weeks later...

So who's goin to the Privateer fest.I can't wait,I hear there was to be a write-up in the Baltimore sun on Thuresday. If there is a group going maybe we should pick a place to meet up????

There are a few nice landmarks around the area that would be great for getting together.

"No matter where you go. There you are."

I talked with Blender about that this weekend - NO WEAPONS, per the request of management.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Check with V, but my take on it was edged weapons and ;) pistols (even replica). Pin should be fine. :)

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Check with V, but my take on it was edged weapons and :blink: pistols (even replica). Pin should be fine. :)

Crimson - use your judgement. Just like in April. I think a pin would be fine but keep in mind this is in the CITY with a lot of drunkards and also folks who have a penache for arguing with the invisible people that only they can see. This is a drinking port.

Would you be allowed to walk down the street carrying a sword? nope. Local legal rules apply, no exceptions.

i would even be weary of replicas - pistol, blade etc.

i will, however, be wearing my flogger (it was OK'd last time) but safely secured.