I had too much to dream last night

I had alot of nightmares as a kid too tish. But, as I grew older, those dreams gradually changed, and I ended up beating down what scared or threatened myself or others in those dreams. I rather enjoyed taking on a more confident role, and giving the dreams a more pleasant spin in the end.

You were clearly heading to the Caribbean in a doom buggy to buy wallpaper.  B)  

Wallpaper eh? Are yah sure it wasn't key lime pie?

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just had a weird one last night. i was walking through woods. but it was snowy ( probably cuz it really was snowing outside) and all sparkly and white, and i was wearing a cloak. i went into a building (probably a pub) and everyone thought i was weird cuz when i took off the cloak i had pointy cat ears.

i always have cat ears, unless im dreaming that im someone else. if im just me, i have cat ears and sometimes a tail and cat eyes too. its just weird. and its got to where now when i draw a cartoon of myself, i have cat ears.

i used to have millions of nightmares when i was little, then i got a dreamcatcher.  i havent had more than maybe two nightmares in the last ten years.

Now the question (in my mind) is, did the dreams stop because of the dreamcatcher or because you perceived the dream catcher to stop the dreams? Could it be that you convinced yourself to make your mind behave? (We can do that, you know. Eminently possible and not at all mystical.)

Agreed Mr. C... And if ye can't do it yerself, go to a Reputable Hypnotist (which I happen to be) and they can and will help you out...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Hypnotism is fascinating. Can you really, honestly and truly regress back to exiting the birth canal?

well mission I can't immagine "not" dreaming about exciting one certain birth canal but I don't call it regressing! In it's own right it is a sort of hypnotic trans one sort of climbs into in order to really truly facilitate the facinations in that true pleasure be, the pleasures of the flesh.... Are they not?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Our minds contain all sorts of information and it has been stated by what appear to me to be reliable sources that this information can be accessed through hypnotism. It is interesting that in dreams, some details have importance all out of proportion to what we perceive to be reality. Why? I am told that when you are hypnotized, you can access details in a scene you were a part of that you didn't even realize you had noticed. Of course, it's sort of the hypnotist's word against your recollection though, isn't it? You almost need a third party to verify everything.

Perception is far more powerful to people than reality. That is interesting. I've made notes on the topic with the hope of someday writing on it, but I need more facts.

All this has nothing to do with dreaming, of course, so I'll be polite and stop chattering about it. :)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hypnotism is fascinating. Can you really, honestly and truly regress back to exiting the birth canal?

yes... you can, and even further back... and I'm not talking into the womb, but into a past life... which is a whole other topic... as for using hypnotism to help in this lifetime... it can and has been done for many, many years, and will be for years to come...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Well, I have serious doubts about the whole past lives theory. I personally suspect people take present day experience and documented information on past experiences and create rich stories. Our minds are magnificent little machines. Have you ever noticed that most people who talk about past lives were famous people? How come no one was ever talks about their life experience as the undocumented third head janitor of the Louvre?

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

wait wait wait I knew the third janitor of the lourve and his father was my best friend. You see the mind does play firing pins (something ergh other) be it having seen a certain place in a movie or a commercial and then when seeing it in person for the first time a deja vu occurs. But, having never had nor seen nor known of events or local and then paying the price of immediate recognition whilst in visit does tend to scaring ones own believability away from any potential truth. I have seen things, twice unexplainable things, been there done that has givin me more than the shivers. I don't scare easily and I'm willing to stand my ground under insurmountable odds but mental telepathy does scare me. The transferrence of energy from ones mind to anothers is not demonic I think but somehow a trained something. I wish it would happen all of the time. I would get a better handle on all its involvements with more occurrances and all. The reason the people who talk about having been other people before are never less than Courtiers or Royalty is because the serfs and pleebs wouldn't think about it other than as a nightmare! Which is a long road to hoe getting back to I had too much to dream last night!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I haven't had a nightmare in a long time. Why I don't know I probaply just forgot em. As an aside though I heard 80 to 90% of proplr can be hypnotized and judging from the breif outlines I've come across regarding this I'd be in the majority :rolleyes:

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

• 11 months later...

Ok it’s not pirate! But I just woke up from a cool dream and had to write it down before I forgot it. After writing it, I thought I’d share it, since some of us do multiple timelines! Not to mention some of it is corny!!

Part of a wagon train going west. Kind of reminiscent of miniseries Into The West. Finally make town, only the witch who owns the house we rent says she’s wants to sell it and we’ll have no where to live (it’s winter).

Funny part: my nieve wife offers to give her a spoon (like in far and away). But only one spoon, which gets a good laugh out of both of us. Yeah she’s corny, but she looked like a cross between my wife and Nicole Kidman! (gotta love that red hair!)

Eventually in order to raise the money, I turn to a life of crime and start robbing banks, stagecoaches and then TRUCKS????? As it turns into a B-western. Because we end up causing an old movie truck to crash and then explode, sending money and such everywhere.

Eventually my partners get caught while staying at my house. They keep their mouths shut about me, but the law says I lose my house and property unless I can pay seven hundred dollars. We apparently only have two hundred dollars.

They’re also caught by that Captain Love guy from that movie Zorro ( I swear it was him!) He drops me a pistol and says, “Save yourself the trouble and your family the shame…”

But there’s an Army recruitment going on outside, with a five hundred dollar signing bonus. I run out there, enlist, and call the captain out and attempt to pay my debt. His commander (sort of a Teddy Roosevelt character) says it’s only supposed to be a five hundred dollar fee!

I say, I was told by Love it was seven hundred….. Yeah he gets lambasted in front of everyone, gives me a dirty look and I find myself I the Army!!

As they’re walking my gang away, I mention to the commander, they’re about hang three of the best scouts and riders in the territory. Not to mention three of the best riflemen!!

That’s when my DEAR wife decides to wake me up!!!!!

AAARGH!

It was just getting good!!

AAARGH!!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

And then you realized your pillow was gone!

Oh, sorry -- different dream.

----------------

I once had the coolest ever, completely developed plotline, super-intricate and authentic James Bond dream. It was absolutely scary and thrilling and action-packed, and everything you could want in a great Bond flick. It will certainly win my Best Dream Oscar as soon as I have a dream about that ceremony.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Well gosh Pete, I hope ye wrote it down!?

I had a dream in which my Microwave was a fishtank..it made perfect sense at the time...of course the rest is just too bizarre to relate.

As I said before..likely the product of "chinese food before bed" although Dr. Pepper (diet o course) seems to do similar damage..hmmmmm

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

That's an interesting dream, Rats. I've had a few weirdoes lately, too. My most recent involved me being stuck in some sort of Chuck E. Cheese-like place in which I could step on platforms to become whoever I wanted, though I never wanted to be who I wanted to be.

Throughout the dream, my mission was to evade various persons about this Chuck E. Cheese by means of teleporters and going out of my way to sneak six inches behind these people, apparently. It doesn't sound too effective, but I guess that I didn't exactly know what was going on. After a few personality changes, ranging from an overweight sous-chef (I can only imagine that was my ranking) to an eleven year-old child, I bumped into somebody who fell to the floor, arose, and became a zombie. Quickly, I stepped onto one of the changing platforms, and got... one of those plastic triangle stencils. The zombies were multiplying quickly, so I made use of that stencil. Brittle plastic measuring instruments make remarkably good weapons; I'll have to note that in the future. I was stabbing into zombies left and right, even managing to completely decapitate a few. In the middle of my stabbing spree, my stencil broke. I kept on going at it, though. And then the dream ended. Yeah, I know.

Most of my other dreams of late have involved my car. Normally, this wouldn't be so bad, but my car is the definition of "boat", and I cannot drive worth a damn in my dreams. In one dream, my steering wheel was flat-out in the back seat. I had to drive into town with a headrest in my way, and no concept of what the road ahead of me looked like. Thankfully, we live in a nice, mountainous region where there are plenty of cliffs to careen off of. And that's exactly what I did. My dream insurance company isn't going to like that.

TAll Mike,

1) Were ye perhaps playing Super Mario brothers before bed?

2) Perhaps the altitude is affecting you :huh:

By the way my aforementioned dream also included a full dress marching band in an entirely unlikely place...(gosh, did I just admit that?)

Well gosh Pete, I hope ye wrote it down!?

Actually, yes. In the morning, I was afraid I would be haunted by regret if I did not try to write down as much as possible, so I did. But there was so much vivid detail that slipped away evven as I tried to record it all.

There is some sort of running mythos in many of my dreams. I have running plots that suddenly resurface after being forgotton for many years. Some are rather novel, and some are downright terrifying.

The creepiest is (I have never admitted this before) in one of the running dream sub-plots, I once murdered someone and hastily disposed of the body. I cannot remember when this dream first occured, but I had not dreamed about in a few decades. With the recent resurgence of CSI television shows, evidence of my past dream-murder has been resurfacing in some recent dreams. In these new dreams, I remember that I am the guilty party (although I cannot remember the person, nor why the crime was committed), and am terrified that I will be caught -- there were a few notable close calls in the past five years or so. I believe there is no dream-statute of limitations for dream-murder; I plan to continue evading the dream-police and stay out of dream-prison.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Gracious Cap'n Straw..

Ye best dream yerself a key , a fast ship and a hacksaw

Recurring dreams..yes have them often.

I've been persued, captured and escaped over and over in my dreams - never figured why. It's never scary, just nore annoying.

Once I was shot point blank in th stomach..it was so real..I was standing in a doorway (oddly to a laundry room) with my hands up on the frame and someone hiding there shot me.

I could still feel it when I woke up..

Then again the other night I had a pirate dream....but I can't post it here :P

Once I was shot point blank in th stomach..it was so real..I was standing in a doorway (oddly to a laundry room) with my hands up on the frame and someone hiding there shot me. I could still feel it when I woke up..

Many, many years ago, I was being chased by a tiger (through a suburban neighborhood!) in a dream, and could not escape. Finally made it into a house but (as always happens in my dreams) the door, when shut, would not fill the doorway, and the tiger was able to get in. I could not begin to comprehend being eaten alive, so I grabbed a gun and decided to wake myself up, so I shot myself in the stomach. And I woke up with what felt like a bullet wound to the gut.

Yes, in hindsight, I realize it might have been more efective to shoot the tiger. Actually, I only realized that now as I typed this.

Then again the other night I had a pirate dream....but I can't post it here :P

Yes, you best only PM it to me. Recall carefully everything that happened. Type slowly... Don't leave out a single detail.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

the door, when shut, would not fill the doorway,

This definately means something specific..tho I don't know what

I woke up with what felt like a bullet wound to the gut.

Strange feeling eh? It really was strange.

Yes, in hindsight, I realize it might have been more efective to shoot the tiger.  Actually, I only realized that now as I typed this.

Um..yes, I was thinking that..

Then again the other night I had a pirate dream....but I can't post it here :lol:
Yes, you best only PM it to me.  Recall carefully everything that happened.  Type slowly...  Don't leave out a single detail.

LOL.. The only problem is when I recall it, *siiggh*I can't see straight so typing ....sooooo sloowwly..is simply

impossible!

well,,

I can remember a few years back, a dream of an 80 year old man in tattered 18th century clothes, a few missing teeth , stubble, kind of piratey that was a street performer in Newport, Bowen's Wharf, during high tourist season. His act was a 15 inch high skeleton puppet similar to the thing on Youtube that sings Little Richard, except in my dream it was not a marionette. the old man was snickering and getting you to eye the puppet as it performed it's dance.

I swear that, in real life, I have seen little dancing skeletons that are held together with thin wire, which these things jiggle and bounce. But in my dream, the skeleton puppet seems far more real. I remember when I was a kid, I was fascinated by the things that the 4th july parade vendors used to sell, noticeably a leash attatched to an invisible dog. This was a pretty hot toy back in the day. In my town that I grew up in, there are a lot of 200+ year old houses, and a lot of Revolutionary war reenactors during July 4th, so it makes sense how this all came about.

I am trying to figure out how to build a non-marionette stand-alone skeleton puppet that I could use as a street magic act. I have a feeling that later dowen the road, this old man could be me. :)

SHIP2-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

Okay, I'm borrowing a topic from ^< v. What do you remember dreaming about just before waking this morning? [before going to bed, you may need to consciously remind yourself to remember in the morning.]

This morning, I had 3 dreams that morphed into one another

1. Because of global warming, the lake at my cottage had risen right up to my neighbour's front porch (and made a nice little wading pool in the front yard, with sand ripples on the bottom). But, there were also still some large snowbanks from the winter near the road, and my neighbour told me there was a new branch of the library buried under one of the snowbanks, and that the entrance to it was in the trunk of her car -- like Alice going down a rabbit hole. But, when I tried the trunk entrance, it was really just a video phone.

2. Went to a museum to do English Country Dancing in the parking lot, but it was cancelled. Went inside the museum, and the docents in period costume pulled out a book of Austrian dances and suggested we do them instead. But, then the dancing turned into a rave.

3. My brother-in-law was visiting from out of town. He's an excellent cook [iRL] and we took him to a large fish market. I found the place intimidating, as it was very loud and chaotic and the staff seemed to be closing up. There was broken glass on the floor and fish blood seeping down the floordrains. I approached a counter with a display of fish. I turned around to ask my b-i-l what he would pick. He said the "grouper" (which in my dream were small round black-scaled fish with very red gills). I turned back to the counter and all that were left were "gobi" (which in my dream were large, ghostly white, flacid looking things). I asked for some of those, and the fish seller was very rude to me, chastising me for not telling her exactly what weight of fish I wanted.

... and then I woke up

What did you dream just before waking up this morning?

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

[Thanks to the mods for splicing me into this pre-existing thread!]

Last night, I dreamed of rescuing someone from the side of a cliff, in a dirigible:

dus13.jpgcliffs-450.jpg

For fuel, we made our own bio-deisel out of the used grease from a Chip Wagon:

ChipWagon.jpg

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg