Post yer aresnal!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have........... borrowed me toys. Tho I want......... Cannon, swivel gun, Carbine, basket hilt anything..... N o course I needs plenty o each t go wit me shoes :)

YOU CAN'T BE OLD AND WISE IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN YOUNG AND CRAZY...

• 3 months later...

Here is my own arsenal: an English doglock dragoon pistol named "Maggie Brown", a shell-guard cutlass, bandolier and "apostles", and grenadoes... :rolleyes:

MyArsenal.jpg

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Thank you, William, for the nice compliment. Everything shown in the photo was made by my own hands with the exception of "Maggie Brown"... :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

(1945)

• 1 month later...

Wow... some really impressive weaponry here... :D

i have a few myself..

Swords

1-goose quill

1- cutlass

1- katana

1-rapier

Knives

3- daggers of varying size

2- chinese brush trimmers

1- hunting bowie

2- eating daggers

2-sets of throwing knives

Pistols

1-british blunderbuss

1-french flintlock

1-scottish flintlock

This collection seems to keep growing...

although never catch up to my friend he has more weapons then anyone i know..

he has over 160 swords about 100 daggers, and maces clubs blow guns cross bows etc... his house looks like an armoury... :blink:

~QM Seika Hellbound~

We ain't no stinking Parrots!!!"

piratepenguins.gif

I got a French ssword outof medieval, bought it on vacation there. not from the golden age, but still pretty cool :D don't have much more then that, except for a small pistol :D

ph34r.gifPirattitude

banner.jpg

The rose came alive,

Coloured deeply red,

The boy just arrived,

And as my heart, the rose wasn't dead.

Don't be meanin' ter be belittlin' anyones aresnal........

But thar be a lot of "way" outta period weapons being posted....

In that case, should I dig out all the knives, swords and guns that I own..... kitchen knives includes......

I have a fun Fanticy knife..... with a buncha cutouts... looks great for a Goblin......

A copy of Subutai's sword from Conan (the Movie).... a Celtic version of a roman calvery sword., a half-way ground down broadsword, a buncha daggers... a paintball gun, an Enfield musket. a .50 cal Mountain rifle, an Mi Garrand,........ a long bow..... and I know I'm forgettin some of my non-period weapons...... OH...OH... and throwing axes.... and a spear......

No katans's tho.......... but I do have a throwing knife..... Hey... I have three throwing knives.....

AND..... I HAVE.......

The Plunger of Death....

• 3 months later...

callenish gunner now my feeling are hurt..,thats a good one !!!

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

the horn is made by Kathy England from Ohio her husband is a master knife/hawk maker ....i'm trying to convince her to let me sell her wares at some of the events i go to ....contact me and i'll put you in touch with her if you want a custom horn

Soo...ok...i gots me a :

scottish murdoch

brass scottish murdoch (black watch)

1690 doglock pistol

1690 doglock blunderbuss

doglock "fishtail" musket (just got)

and a Double barreled flintlock pistol side by side w/ 8" barrels(on order)

and yes they are able to be fired "live"...no fakies here...

and

scottish baskethilt

swepthilt rapier (starfire)

fencing eppee

shell cup cutlass (starfire w/ a modified cup)

12" dagger

10" dagger

8" throwing dagger

scian dubh

all able to be fought with...no playthings here (though i do play with them)

then we get into other time lines cival war,wild west, roaring twenties ancient scottish, medieval, jousting parafanaila (yeah did that too)...

swords knives pistols shotguns rifles armour cannons toooo tedious to list:

and me pride and joy a cival war confederate calvary sword handed down throu my family....to finally reach mine own grubby hands....

baisically i dont buy wall hangers...only ones that are able to be used...roughly

for it is not only our job to remember history...but to re-live it.....

anyone?....anyone?

B)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
thought i'd add a new acquistion to the thread

PICT0005.jpg

the other side

PICT0004.jpg

This piece is absolutely gorgeous, Callenish. What an amazing piece of artwork! :lol:

(1945)

Just finished making a boarding axe, and I couldn't wait untill I get the Dragoon Pistol that I ordered, to add to the "Aresnal".....

Weapons.jpg

Awesome, Patrick! How did you make your boarding axe? Great job! :lol:

(1945)

It's a "Throwing Hawk".... I attacked it with a grinder, and changed the shape of the blade, took off the black finishs, and cut two groves in the top wher the 3/4" langets fit in.... the langets are crudly inletted, and then riveted to the handle with 3 cut down nails as rivets.....

Picture008.jpg

That's my "woopin' Spoon"

It's about as close to a "weapon" as I get but believe me, that baby can do some damage!

B)

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog