Post yer aresnal!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture008.jpg

That's my "woopin' Spoon"

It's about as close to a "weapon" as I get but believe me, that baby can do some damage!

B)

Chole.... B)

yer my hero B)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Picture008.jpg

That's my "woopin' Spoon"

It's about as close to a "weapon" as I get but believe me, that baby can do some damage!

B)

B)B)

Now you need to post a picture of your shoe! ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

i like the cup...who made it? ;)

is it a "hanger" or a "banger"???

It was made by a local guy(local to me anyway)... M & K Armoury as a custom order. M & K Armouries tend to specialize in SCA standards and styles, but they will do nice custom work outside of that scope... They've done some great work for me in all I have bought from them.... (I know this is coming off as a shameless plug, and may better be suited to "Plunder" and I am sorry for that, and beg the pardon of all reading this post).

I had Krieger (half of M & K Armoury) make the guard based on the below sword from "Swords and Blades of the American revolution"....

l_d176fc052f226a045572da37875f842a.jpg

It is made for a threaded tanged blade, I currently have a diamond profile 28 inch fencing blade on it, but I also have a 30 inch sabre type heavy fencing blade for it, both blades are too heavy for sport fencing, and the sabre style blades is even too heavy for SCA style fencing by the strictist adherance to SCA rules.

I hope that answers the "Hanger or Banger" question..... Cause I'm not perfectly sure as to what exactly you meant by that... ;)

Michael_banner.jpg

I hope that answers the "Hanger or Banger" question..... Cause I'm not perfectly sure as to what exactly you meant by that... :rolleyes:

Michael,

That, is a grande lookin' hilt there... most excellent...

I think, but could be wrong, the 'Hanger or Banger' means is it a wall hanger - or a non-combat piece... just a pretty. Or, is it something that will see action - get banged around... Sound ta me like the latter...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• 1 month later...

Ok, mates... here be my weapons. Finally yo'r able to see them!

weapons.jpg

M' carbine (I use for Rev War), the doglock (thanks Kass and hubby!), the G. Washington pistol (non-functional but nice), m' Dragoon Potter saber (one of the many left-overs from "The Patriot"), and my dagger that says "De estos chiles pocos da la mata" (which not sure exactly what it says but asked a friend of mine from the Oaxaca area of Mexico what it meant, she's not sure but possible it's Portogese meaning "With this knife, I bring death". What's super cool is that the other side of the blade is exactly the same design on the back of the Aztec Gold from "Curse of the Black Pearl". Creepy, eh?

Mind you, everything there - except the Washington pistol - is very functional.

The wee silver dot is a quarter (bicentenial quarter nonetheless).

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought these online this weekend, hopefully I got a good deal on them. Sorry about the bad pictures, the auction site didn't have many good full shots, just a bunch of close ups.

1465385247_107e1a46d7_m.jpg

1466238996_cbc46e1216_m.jpg

I'll post more pics of them along with my other weapons when they're finally delivered later this week.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Lady B

I think your dagger that says "De estos chiles pocos da la mata" is probably Spanish. I would translate "La mata da pocos de estos chiles" as meaning"The bush gives few of these chili peppers".

I'm still not sure what, if anything, it's supposed to mean.

I once had a Mexican machete inscribed with something like "Carne bueno y barato solo es por el gato". That roughly translated to "Good and cheap meat only is for the cat".

I think some guy in Mexico who inscribes these things just makes stuff up to mess with the tourists... :D

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

This is our newest addition to the family.

cannon.jpg

And here it is being fired over the weekend.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...ideoid=19672620

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I hope that answers the "Hanger or Banger" question..... Cause I'm not perfectly sure as to what exactly you meant by that... :D

Michael,

That, is a grande lookin' hilt there... most excellent...

I think, but could be wrong, the 'Hanger or Banger' means is it a wall hanger - or a non-combat piece... just a pretty. Or, is it something that will see action - get banged around... Sound ta me like the latter...

Hanger vs. Banger ~ Archangel speak

From the PiP Skirmishes thread https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showtop...pic=11045&st=45

Posted by Rats, August 26

hangers (look pretty/authentic/showy)

bangers(rough/battle ready/safe for live action)

problem is...hard toi find a HANGER you can fight with...or a BANGER to show off/authentic!?!?

To that end ~ if your edges are sharpened and tip is pointy, probably more a Hanger. If the edges cannot cut anything, and the tip is dulled, probably a Banger (live action/stage fighting sword).

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

To that end ~ if your edges are sharpened and tip is pointy, probably more a Hanger. If the edges cannot cut anything, and the tip is dulled, probably a Banger (live action/stage fighting sword).

We might need one more definition for swords.....

Banger works for "live action/stage fighting sword"

But there are two different forms of "Hanger"....

A Wall Hanger... something that is sword shaped..... Usully just cheap stainless steel ...with a pot metal guard (the skull and crossed bones are optional...)

Or a Hanger as in something that is a real "sharp" sword.... that is unsafe for "live action/stage fighting sword"....

Lady B

I think your dagger that says "De estos chiles pocos da la mata" is probably Spanish. I would translate "La mata da pocos de estos chiles" as meaning"The bush gives few of these chili peppers".

I'm still not sure what, if anything, it's supposed to mean.

I once had a Mexican machete inscribed with something like "Carne bueno y barato solo es por el gato". That roughly translated to "Good and cheap meat only is for the cat".

I think some guy in Mexico who inscribes these things just makes stuff up to mess with the tourists... :huh:

:huh:

Thanks, Jon.

I've spoken to a couple folks I know in the Mexico area. One of the lasses I know lives in the Yucatan and even she doesn't know what it means and she's a native Mexican! She believes it's Portuegese. She's rather thrown off by it. Granted, she's in the Yucatan and the knife is from the Oaxaca province.

But, from the few I spoke to, the statement what I have is what we all came up with. Cause they thought the chile peppers translation didn't make sense and was rather silly.

Very nice, Hurricane. :) Lucky devil.

:::whimpers::: I want a cannon. :rolleyes:

I won't say a word over the "Hanger/Banger" issue.

~Lady B

I find the cultural translations kinda funny....

Yah sure..... they don' make any sence to us..... but they did to whoever engraved it into the blade......

Yah.... maybe it was just some sillyness....

No sey...............(yah... I spelled that right.....)

It means ..... I don't know........

I won't say a word over the "Hanger/Banger" issue.

Why not ?.........

having a sword with a dull edge that can be used in a (coreiographicy (well it's spelled something kinda sorta like that )) sword fight isn't a bad thing....

Having a sword that is only a "wall hanger" (looks cool) ain't bad....

Having a real sword....(Ok if you hit someone with it yer going ter get into trouble..... but that's part O' the fun O' that.......)

sorry...thought some of these were obvious.....original question to the HANGER VS BANGER ISSUE...was what was allowed on the feild battle scenarios.....not what i have or would like to have in my collection....2 completely different questions

far a groupings/catagories of swords.......

Hangers

A. real

1.mint

a.old

b. not so old

c. new

d. newish

2. not so mint

a.old

b.not so old

c.new

d.newish

3.rusty beyond belief antique

4.not so rusty old antique

B. Fake(replica)

1.good

2.bad

3.ugly

BANGERS

all fake

1.good quality

2.poor quality

3. thick thinned

4.blah blah blah

Hangers vs Bangers issue has more to "what you plann on doin with it now ya got one"....than getiin one in the first place.....

they all have a place....and some places not welcomed

true authentic swords are not welcomed in stage fighting...but are damn cool

bagers replicas...are not viewed upon high;ly by the historical collector

blah blah blah.....

so goin back to what this threads is about......

whatcha got?

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

M' mind was almost in the gutter at that point in time, Patrick. :::Attempting to look innocent:::

:lol: Interesting, MAd'Dogge. True... what's the point in getting a pricy banger if you won't or can't use it?

Tis my issue right now.. m' dragoon sword, more from Rev War, great looking (then again, Barbossa's was a Rev War era French Cavalry sword, too). It is a banger, heavy as hell and more meant for use on horseback. It's not sharpened, but I am awefully careful with it still nonetheless. Either way, it can still do damage.

:::points above, possibly previous page::: That be m' dangerous arms.

~Lady B

• 5 months later...

Very nice..simple, aged well and functional. Very nice.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...