Southern is OPEN!

THE BIGGEST OPENING DAY IN HISTORY! (Rod Serling intro) Immagine if you will, The world as it is, crashing in on you. San Bernardino revoking your place to faire! Where it be you entertain the mondanes and generally run amuck within the widened range of that which is mostly confused for sanity or lack there-of. Having to move fourteen acres of buildings, tents, stages, ale stands, food and beverage stands, a stadium arena, games boothes, guild yards and stables in four months time! (the first six weekends of which were hampered by world record rains). AND! Opening on time! The Queen, her court and guards at her ready, band playing along and voices sweetly carrying tunes in the distance and then! Capowww! Cannons echos being fired! Huzzah! Faire is opened! Everything working and the stage is set, the cars are pulling in. People in droves, non stop lines, standing ovations for entertainers! (If you build it they will come) and come they did! On Saturday 11,000 paying customers setting a record for opening day at faire! It's acrage is smaller by a third! And though its on mostly grass (and it's drying out fast) the ales were cold and flowing and the wine list is long and thorough. They said it couldn't be done even I too was sceptical. Not any more! It's heaven! It's Huge and it's going to get better! Huzzah!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Unfortunately, we couldn't make it out this weekend (23rd) as all sorts of things weren't going right. Started off with a call from my friends saying they couldn't make it until the following Sat. then a good chunk of last night (22nd), Boats was up dealing with a sick cat. That in turn left him not feeling so great with no sleep, so it's just as well we didn't make it.

So Diego, we'll hopefully see you and Rummy on the 30th.

Rumba Rue

** B) **

I propose closing day to be the party of all party's and that as a piratage group thrust upon Chipping Under Oakwood we put together this endeavor of greatness and plan to meet up at the front gate at noon on May 22nd closing day! Followin the fact that the european faire in Corona (Kronenburg) is Pirate weekend and open till nine p.m. on that Saturday May 21st. (I'd likes ta add that the beers be only four dollars in Corona and they have a steak dinner house for $11.50 a delmonico steak, salad and baked potatoe). I' am all over that sits down occurance again! Huzzah! pm me ifin ya will ergh we be needin ta thread anew!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

then lets get all of us going to commit to the time of noon on closing day at main gate and we can walk the fair, drynk the drynk and game ourselves into oblivion. Fer the close of faire be nothin less than the saddest hour of the year! PIRATES UNITE

On some other ren fair forums, I've been hearing some negative things said about the fair. I'm going this sunday and I,m sure I'll have a fabulous time, even if it means ducking around a corner or two to take a nip from the old hip flask. Has any body been yet, is it as strickt has a lot of people say? Or are they just being negative, and like throwing out negative vibes. Negative bastards. I'm sure I will be able to go the last weekend, I plan on going, hopefully a couple of times if I don't get permanently kicked out by the numerous authority figures lurking about, that I hear so much of by the nay sayers. ;)

Petee-2.jpg

On some other ren fair forums, I've been hearing some negative things said about the fair. I'm going this sunday and I,m sure I'll have a fabulous time, even if it means ducking around a corner or two to take a nip from the old hip flask. Has any body been yet, is it as strickt has a lot of people say? Or are they just being negative, and like throwing out negative vibes. Negative bastards. I'm sure I will be able to go the last weekend, I plan on going, hopefully a couple of times if I don't get permanently kicked out by the numerous authority figures lurking about, that I hear so much of by the nay sayers. ;)

M'lad.... if you go with the intent of having a good time then a good time you will have.

It is what you make of it.

Aye Diego?? ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Funny all I've heard about is the heavy Security around, nothing about how the faire is. Makes you kind of wonder.

I'm going this Sat. (4/30), so I'll see for myself, and hopefully do a decent write up about it.

I'm with you Pirate Petee, I'll bring my small flask, and just go into the privy to snatch a drink if I have to.

Hmmm, what I really need is a small basket for my junk I tend to carry. Off to the Thrift store...

Rumba Rue

** ;) **

The security as you've seen is at mostly gates as wandering crews of up to six together are seen from time to time they are for the most part enjoying the whole affaire. the ale stands are open and not closed as written bout. (which means you can order and walk away to enjoy your drynks on walk about) I have seen and heard no tale of altrications and though a few of the isles are narrower the numbers of costumed to not (after first week) is about 50/50. Tis wondrous and plenty to see and doo. The main stage had a young panther on it prancing about and it was a beautiful animal to behold. The wines are with much choices and there is lots of shade. There are three faires all in occurance this weeksend so I be in Ojai this weeksend, I hope many of you will enjoy the faire at Chipping Under Oakwood (Irwindale) without me presence. Corona the following next two Saturdays (14th and 21st) and Southern on both Sundays (15th and 22nd closing day) to be sure. Happy fairing! adding as Iron Bess says ya gets out whats ya puts in, so make it a great faire fer yerself and yer others.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be there this weekend (14&15 of may)

wondering if any of my fellow pub members will be there?

If so look for me in my new rust n black coat, tricorn etc. :rolleyes:

pm or reply if youll be there i wanna finaly put some faces to the names.

Aye, I'll be in that port this Saturday along with *Sweet Oleander* in tow.

M'self, I'll be adress in green and frilly whites with the carved leather rapier carrier that is adroned with roses and a twisted rose bronze rapier with rose quillions.

Aye, I'll be there lass. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Funny thing, Boats and I have to go up there Sat. because someone finally turned in his missing checkbook and other things he lost when we went a couple of weeks ago. We actually have no intention of going into the faire as the price be too steep for our pockets and we have no discount coupons.

Rumba

:blink: I went to the Southern Faire last weekend and had a blast. I got there at about 1pm and left at about 5pm. Went to two of the stage shows and had some good old fashioned belly laughs. Found a booth "Pirate's Cove" just inside the gate area and got some very nice items and at a (IMHO) reasonable price. I did eat before I got there so I didn't have the expense of paying for grub at exhorbent doubloons. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and helpful.

Over all was more then satisfied, and may go back again tomorrow. The only thing that could have made it better for me is some parking markers so finding the car, while carrying m'plunder, would have been easier. :blink:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

So lady Seahawk Here's what it be ya does next weeksend ya goes to the Pirate days out in Corona on Saturday and then runs on up to the southern faires last day of the year on Sunday and call it a season complete! Well that is until san diego or bakersfield and not forgetting the two weekends in Big Bear. But ye can't fergets there's ojai and escondido again in fall too! jes plan on meeting us Rummy and I and we can all stays tagether all day in both Corona and Southern this next weeksend. After it is we gets off our shift that is.