Hampton Blackbeard Festival

Mad Woman Cheryl

Aye, I will be going back this year, but I don't have any lodging suggestions. I am sure one of the members of Blackbeards Crew on here will pick up the thread and provide one.

Hope to see you there

Duncan

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Who be going to the Hampton Blackbeard Festival this year. I been pushin' me mate to go down this year. For more info try here:

Does anyone know the names of the hotels near there???

I'm in :huh:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

Who be going to the Hampton Blackbeard Festival this year. I been pushin' me mate to go down this year. For more info try here:

There be a Ramada Inn fer 'bout $70/night. I haven't found anything less expensive. ;)

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

Its actually a fun gig. I did it in 2000 and had a blast. They welcome both Historical and Fantasy pirates. If you need a place to stay, you might go to the re-enactor section and follow the links to one of the "hosting" groups. Some of them are local to the Hampton area and might have tips on some cheaper places to stay.

Also, Newports News airport is a little closer to the Gig than Norfolk, but I have no idea what kind of prices they have.

There is onsite "camping" with the re-enactors, if that is your pleasure. Hoprefully, it won't be more than 95 degrees and 99% humidity that early in June B)

If you can make a week out of it, the following weekend is a HUGE waterfront festival.... Nofolk's Harborfest (again this is in Virgina, about 25 miles from Hampton)

You can go in pirate kit if you like, but you might just enjoy the wandering around with the other 500K people that enjoy the tall ships, entertainment and other fest events.

map_radius.gif

It would be very easy to kill a week in the "local" area. Yorktown, Newport News (Mariner's Museum in Newport News is WORLD CLASS), Historic Norfolk, Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Virginia Beach are all well within 1 hour from Hampton. If you haven't planned a summer vacation yet, it may be one of the best weeks spent in a long while for you.

Maybe I should work for the tourist board.....

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Good To Ye All'

Mr. Steele here Master of Arms of Blackbeards Crew In Hampton Va.... its a pleasure to hear ye all speaking so highly of our fine festival ... its true its a great time and i believe i read a comment of heat and humidity it all be true .......................last year tho we had low 70 degree weather with cool winds...................i believe sir duncan can agree...... as far as lodging it sometimes is provided by Event makers for various visiting crews depending on their roles and contributions to the festival ................were always looking for qualified able bodied crew members for various skits and roles during the event.................so please anyone desiring to come please contact one of us or hampton event makers and join us......... my email is mr_steele@cox.net i can direct you to the appropriate people.....................................

good day to ye' all and i look forward to meeting you

Mr. Steele

Master of Arms

Blackbeards Crew Hampton Va.

"Time Flies When your Spilling Blood"

The weather was truly most fine last year - other than that rain on Friday night B)

Hopefully we will be so lucky this year.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Aye Sir'

One could only get so lucky to have weather like that again.................and the rain just brought all the lost soles closer together..............hehehe never the less please tell all you know to make plans for that weekend and we be look forward to see ye again duncan

Mr. Steele

Yay.... dance...dance....dance....... ooops.... I mean Aaaaargh......

I told my boss that I wanted to go, and she said to get her the "details" so we can arange everything............ (I have a really wierd/interesting relationship with my boss.... I tell her what or where I wanna go "play" and she gets me there.....)

So I will be serching the internet for the best airfaire, and sending a buncha e-mails......

Avast ye' all

Mr. Steele here and may i add wow!!! its awsome to hear that the Hampton festival has made such a good impression on everyone and those who havent attended welcome and we look forward to meeting ye' all to the folks in merricks cant wait to see the crew send my regards to Captain Merrick .....did you guys do the MTA thing in jamestown this year or disregard this year see ya soon.....

Mr. Steele

Master at Arms

Blackbeards- Crew Hampton Va.

As far as location goes you cannot beat the Radisoon Hotel. It is right on the waterfront in the heart of all the action. It however is not cheap.

$129.00 - $179.00 There are other hotels but most of them are 3 to 5 miles away. There is another housing arrangement usually reserved for participating pirates but I am not sure yet if that is available this year.

Radisson Hotel Hampton

700 SETTLERS LANDING ROAD

HAMPTON, VA 23669

(757) 727-9700

On the Waterfront in Downtown Business District

Seein' that it's only a five hour trip up the coast, I'm thinkin' of going.

Lady Steele,

Though me starting point is already from within the Commonwealth of Virginia, me own carriage ride to Hampton is 4 hours in the one direction, I think the trip is well worth making.

Seein' that it's only a five hour trip up the coast, I'm thinkin' of going.

Lady Steele,

Though me starting point is already from within the Commonwealth of Virginia, me own carriage ride to Hampton is 4 hours in the one direction, I think the trip is well worth making.

I'm thinkin' I'm going to be heading that way for that weekend! Iffin' I can find a hotel room that won't cost me all me plunder! A pirate's got to have a little treasure....