How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little tired, but not actually hungover, despite being out until 1:30 a.m. drinking Corona and rum with Brazilian guys young enough to be my sons. Huzzah!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Feeling better. The pain in my back is still there - but nothing compared to Friday and I can actually move again :huh:

Vicodin makes me loopy. I work in a call center. Tomorrow is going to be VERY interesting.  :lol:

I also have very back pain at the moment. I'm finally able to move around better than earlier. I couldn't even get out of the bed, the pain was so severe! It seems as tho I pulled a muscle somehow. I was fine on Saturday, but in the wee hours of Sunday, around 4am, I remember turning a little in my sleep and feeling this horrible pain. The best way to describe it is like being in a corset and the laces keep getting pulled tighter. It's my upper back, sides and chest. My first thought was, oh geez, do I need to go to the hospital? I tried to stay calm and my sister got me me ice wrapped in a cloth. Applying that to the swollen areas started to slowly help a little, I then got some advil in me. My aunt in the later part of the morning brought this gel from the chiropractor my cousin works for. That helped so much, I was at least help to move around. The problem now is I get spasms, it may be a lot better than Sunday morning, but I still have pain. I'm also not sleeping too well, if I stay in one position for too long my back and chest stiffen up. Ugh! What can I take that's stronger than advil and that's over the counter?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Bourbon? :lol:

Jest kiddin', sweetie. Hope you get better, soon.

Exactly where are the muscle spasms at?

I feel the most pain in my upper back, tho my sides and chest don't feel all that wonderful either. I just applied some more gel on my back, I couldn't take the pain anymore. The gel is of course a temporary fix, but better than nothing and perhaps I can get a little bit of sleep in now.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Sounds like a pinched nerve. Time for a trip to the chiropractor. Maybe a little deep tissue massage work is in order, too.

I'm not a professional medical person, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night! :lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Absolutely fabulous....the Sun is shinning again...the air is warm and breezy with the smell of rain.. And I am going out to take a walk in the woods with my son. I am walking on air.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Sick. I picked up some sort of stomach flu from being so social all weekend. Well, I think it's a flu ... unless it's a delayed-action hangover. Hmmm... maybe chocolate martinis and fried food wasn't such a good dietary choice.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I'm doing better now. The pain is pretty much gone. I was able to get out to the doctor and he prescribed some meds. I love tho how he told me I need to stay home from work these next 2 days. There's really no way I can do that. Finding people to cover is insane! Main reason why he said that is because the meds make me drowsy. The thing is I take one in the morning and one in the evening, so I'd be fine in between for work.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Glad your back is doing a bit better Christine, tis never good to be in pain

fer meself right now feel bout as good as a rattler with diaper rash. I'll get past it and move on to do what i can.

Cheers and a hiss,

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Nursing a badly sprained rotator cuff. :(

Mad Jack! I told ye t' switch hands, mate!!!! :P

Hope it's nothing TOO serious. I just got the MRI for my rotator cuff done Friday and have to wait for the results on the 14th.

Christine, glad to hear all is well. I always love how doctors say to take time off work.....I can't do it, either! Most jobs, the employee is too new to have time to take off work, or they're "invaluable" and things fall apart if you DO take the time.

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Tis a rainy day today with a bit of sunshine in between.....

I am sorry that you are all under the weather

Christine, Mad Matt and Mad Jack have any of you considers some massage therapy work? It may help your pain, discomfort and healing process.

Cheeky Actress, you may want to try some lemon, honey and tea for your throat.

And Hester, well, hopefully if it is the flu get lots of rest and drink plenty of liquids. But Chocolate Martinis and fried food, what were ya thinkin'?

Hope you are all on the mend soon.

Me, just enjoyin' a bit of quiet before goin' to pick me wee one up at the sitters.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Yup. I've done Chiropractic therapy along with Deep Tissue massage. These two only work on muscles, though. The rotator cuff, being a group of tendons, is generally unaffected by massage and chiropractic work.

Aye, that be true, but at least you will feel a bit better after a nice massage.

Deep Tissue isn't exactly what I'd label as one of the "feel good" massages. I've got a pretty damn high pain threshold and once I almost cussed as she worked me over.

Maybe I just need to get the more soooooooooothing kind of massage....

mad matt, an rest g' luck wit yer various assorted injuries and illness. May they heal quickly and any kind of massage can be soothing jus depends on how ye be wotin to be soothed.

as fer me life goes on and the wee roadbumps can be gotten past.

Cheers all <_<

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Encroached upon.

The next-door neighbours' contractors have finished power-washing, but they're now in the process of painting the eaves (3 storeys up). These narrow old Victorian houses are pretty close together, so their ladders have to come over into my yard to get any sort of safe slant.

I was gonna go to the grocery store earlier, but when I went to open my front door, I found it was blocked by a ladder that was actually standing on my front porch. Yikes!

I've been trying to be patient and wait for them to finish this side of the house, but it's a slow process, as they can't safely lean very far on their ladders, so they have to keep climbing up and down three storeys to shift the ladder every few feet.

Noticed the ladder was gone from the front porch (hurray!), & thought they were finished and I could relax, then I realized that the ladder is now right outside my 2nd floor bedroom window (which has no curtains because it faces a brick wall and no on can see in [unless they're actually on a ladder right outside]).

Note to self: don't change clothes until the workers are gone for the day!

Further note to self: pick up more Pimm's at the liquor store!

My neighbours have been very apologetic about the noise/mess/intrusion, and they're very disappointed themselves that the project has dragged on so long. I'm trying to be understanding and tolerant, but I just want some peace & quiet & privacy back!

On the positive side -- the other next-door neighbours' crew of in-ground pool installers seem to have taken the day off today. (And the back-hoe wasn't as noisy as I expected.)

Oh well, at least I won't have to feel so embarrassed later this year when I have to have a crew of roofers trouncing all over these same neighbours' yards to get access to my roof.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Mad Jack... Christine... toss over some of those serious pain meds!

I'm in a world of severe pain currently. Took a spill from a horse today... sharp turn that was upon me before I knew it. I wasn't the only one who had a problem, but I think I was the only one who flew off. And I'm not kidding when I mean flew off.

I know I should go see a Doc... tough to convince someone to take time out of their personal schedule to drive me there. Most likely will go by morning. I'm still feeling rather mildly out of it. Concussion? Very likely. I know I blacked out for a while and can barely remember a few things, some things I can't remember. Like how the hell I got back on my horse! :huh:

And they say being a pirate is a dangerous business! Horsemanship is worse! Course... the path could have been marked a wee bit better. I was doing rather fine until there was that very sharp turn.

Right now.. my bum hurts horribly. I've a couple abrasions on my forehead from the velcro rubbing against the skin that was after the accident though. Bruised ribs I'm sure. I'm being rather careful. We shall see if I can ride tomorrow in a parade. My bum hurts. I'm sittin' upon a plush pillow currently.

Anyone have some moraphine or other serious pain drugs to ship to me?

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!