How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exhausted and stressed from the long drives to and from southern Iowa, and dodging the crossfire of my wife's disfunctional siblings. :wacko:

For those of you unfimiliar with the plight of being the in-law, it's very much like being a red-shirted crewman from the original Star Trek series in the episode "Devil in the Dark"... There you are, wandering about, thinking yourself sufficiently armed, when you hear an odd sound. Then, WHAMMO!!! You've been blindsided, scorched to a crisp, wondering what hit you and why. Wash, rinse, repeat for 3 bloody days. <_<

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Frustrated :ph34r: . I'm trying to find a dinning room table and chairs for under 450 dollars that isn't a piece crap and is counter highth like my wife wants. GRRRRRRR.

Mate I dont know about there but here the new rage is dining room table and chairs that are all up there like bar stool heighth and the table is high as well it's so convenient to sit at play at and when servinf no bending over right nice thought someone had. Look inot high chairs and High table! and look for floor displays in stores!

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

I am still sick. Been sick for a month and a half now. Went to Urgent care last night and apparently I have a chest infection. No pneumonia, No Flu, No Bronchitis..CHEST INFECTION!

So, I was given antibotics, a decongestant and supposed to feel better in about three days! WHERE WAS THIS STUFF A MONTH AGO!

Sigh, please let me feel better by tomorrow... I can't take this for too much longer! :P

Bunny Cutlass

Terribly amused. My former team just realised that I'm no longer able (nor inclined) to wipe their snotty little noses for them, and they actually have to think for themselves! Frankly, I'm delighted to be shed of that intellectual flea circus.

Now, where'd I leave that rum? :P

Bunny, lots of folks been havin' that stuff this winter...me sister included. The key, in addition to the antibiotics, is to REST. Get lots of sleep and take it easy, luv.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I am still sick. Been sick for a month and a half now. Went to Urgent care last night and apparently I have a chest infection. No pneumonia, No Flu, No Bronchitis..CHEST INFECTION!

So, I was given antibotics, a decongestant and supposed to feel better in about three days! WHERE WAS THIS STUFF A MONTH AGO!

Sigh, please let me feel better by tomorrow... I can't take this for too much longer! :rolleyes:

call me bunnie I'll come over and rub some vicks on for you!

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

I'm feeling discouraged. I'm looking for a job and keep getting calls and e-mails for similar jobs to the job I was doing, but I left it for a reason (several reasons, actually.) There are other things I am qualified to do and want to do, but it's tough to get back into them since my last job was something else. There's nothing more frustrating and ego-destroying than job hunting!

RHJMap.jpg

red-shirted crewman from the original Star Trek

Guy in Galexy Quest. If you like treck this will make you laugh. If you have watched Treck since you were a child ...it's hoot!

Now, now, Silkie... You're hardly that much older than me. 2 years? Right. I still vividly remember staying up to watch Star Trek as a wee lad. Galaxy Quest was a riot, spoofing Star Trek better than any parody I'd ever seen. :) B)

red-shirted crewman from the original Star Trek

Guy in Galexy Quest. If you like treck this will make you laugh. If you have watched Treck since you were a child ...it's hoot!

Now, now, Silkie... You're hardly that much older than me. 2 years? Right. I still vividly remember staying up to watch Star Trek as a wee lad. Galaxy Quest was a riot, spoofing Star Trek better than any parody I'd ever seen. :) B)

the writers of Galaxy Quest said it wasn't intended to make fun of Star Trek.

White Lie extraordinaire.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Now, now, Silkie...  You're hardly that much older than me.  2 years?  Right.  I still vividly remember staying up to watch Star Trek as a wee lad.

As do I! That is why Galexy Quest was so funny, because in our house it was an event. EVERYONE watched Star Trek. With repets and spinoffs we still do when we can!

Glad you're feeling better Bunny.

Mad Jack... Where abouts South Iowa did you venture?

Interesting that you be usin' Star Trek as an analogy. Many times I've been through Riverside... never been to the Trek Fest there. Town hasn't really change much in 20 years. Doubt it will change when lil' Kirk is born.

Welp... ya'll ... I'll put 'n my doubloon's worth here upon how I feels at th' moment.

I'm recoverin'...

At th' moment... I feel like I can take a WHOLE bunch of 32 pounder cannons to my workplace! Serves 'em right it does! Tis a long story short, let's just say, I was ill with a serious lung inflamation... I had no choice but t' work the whole weekend... and th' end result put me in th' hospital as they were unwillin' t' let me go nor have someone come in or stay, etc... So... here I am, a whole bloody week.. again.. no college classes, no work, no nothing! Seriously.. no nothing! Doctor's orders! It got that bad. Bloody damn devils at work... so.. now they be takin' on the wrath of the Lady Barbossa. It WON'T be pretty!

I'm feelin' a wee bit better... I can talk a little better... I can breathe a little better but still difficult at times. Wish I could have a drink o' rum... :huh: M' new sloan at th' moment:

"Say NO to Drugs... drink Rum instead!" ... ahhh... I tell ya... I DREAM of th' day I can have a good mug o' rum again!

MeryD! Ya went t' see Toby Keith?! Without me?!?!

Well... tis ok. I doubt I could o' gone. Hope ya had a blast!

St Paddy's Day, m'dear! St Paddy's Day! tis a comin' up! Oh, what bloody good fun we'll have! :huh:

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Oh dear, Lady Barbossa do get well soon! Here's a fine basket of flowers to help cheer you up! basketflowers2.gif

I'm doing good myself (for a change) and am going to spend the day and the rest of the weekend cleaning my home, that my cats and birds have so nicely spread their food and stuff around.

I'm feeling fine now that I've read Lady Barbossa post! :lol:

I've had employers like that. Take a good look at your livelihood. I changed fields and although I now make half the wages i am much happier ...all be it land locked (can't afford to travel much) B)

Hope you are feeling much better very soon!

I'm doing well thank you. Recovering from my surgery on my left hand (carpal tunnel) not needing the pain meds, stitches coming out on Monday. life is good. Now ask me again in a few weeks when I get the surgery done on my right hand ...my dominant hand. You can ask but i can guarantee, typing a response will take MUCH longer. :lol:

Thank ye most kindly, RumbaRue. Most kind of ye.

I'm a prayin' heavily I won't be fallin' under the nasty flu bug! Tha' darned vermin!

ahh... pirate felines are a joy, agreed?

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!