Midwest Pirates?

Alvilda

DarkMalkin, tis sad indeed that you shan't make it for this coming week'd end. Howe'r, I do understand needin' to turn a few coins with which tae line one's pockets. I plan on revisiting Canterbury several weeks ends during the course of the festivities. For sure, I shall bae there 1st, 2nd & 7th weeks ends. Strangely enough, the last weeks end tis "Irish Weekend" rather than the traditional "Pirate Weekend"; they seem tae have flipped e'ry thing this year. Ah well, keeps everyone upon their toes, no doubt.

Alvilda, indeed, I look forward to the day when our paths do cross. And, should you hae any questions, please dinnae hesitate tae ask them o' me. I shall do all in m' power tae aid you.

I must away for the eve (night/morn) in order tae finish preparations for departure on the morrow's evenin' tide.

May you all have a wonderous weeks end, nae matter where the hours find you.

With Respects,

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

OY! :: whimpers:: such a pity! I jumped in here a tad late. Maybe.

Well, seeing as I have to work on Monday, having been out of town already on Saturday & Sunday (Old Threshers in Mt. Pleasant)... maybe I will be able to show up Monday evening? I'll try to search for y'all.

I'd like to join up with those around here. Need more non-Civ War stuff around here. :ph34r: Which, I pray constantly that it be possible in the future to have an 18th century re-enactment of sorts here. Wishful dreaming at the moment, but very fun nonetheless.

Well.. I will search for ye pirates if I make it in time to the Amanas for the Ren fest there.

If not, then perhaps... another time.

Huzzah!

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

maybe I will be able to show up Monday evening? I'll try to search for y'all.

Sorry, I didn't see this post until I got back! Please look for me anna Hellspawn at any midwestern Ren Faire, I'm usually vending (I'm the airbrush temporary tattoo pirate lady). If ye made it to IRF, then I was the one with the bright red dreadlocks, Captain's coat, and boarding axe, arrr! Me tent has black cats and flames airbrushed all over it, ye can't miss it. If'n ye make it to the Nishna River Ren Faire in October, ye can be part of the evil surprise that the Nameless Pirates are plannin' on springin' during the wedding.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Cap'n Emerald -- looks like I, the airbrush tattoo artist, may not be period enough for the Nebraska Faire, meaning that the Nameless Pirates may have a free weekend to frolic in Kansas City! Will ye be in attendance Sept.26-28? If not, we hope to meet up wif ye at Nishna!

The Pyromaniac Pirate

:: tries to recall:: I think I was truly dazed that day.

Anyway... Nishna... unfortunately does not ring a bell. The one in the Amanas always does since it's talked about every so often here.

Where is the Nishna one held at? What part of the State? If I may be so bold to ask.

I'd LOVE to join ye with all the fun. Depends on what weekend I suppose, whether I have plans or not that weekend.

If not, perhaps next year somewhere or another time sooner than that.

My fear about such faires is not being proper enough, since I am more an 18th century type.. since that's the majority of what attire I have currently. :ph34r:

Keep in touch! Loving the idea of becoming a pirate. Goes well with also my being a dragoon!

Huzzah!

DarkMalkin,

I shall be at KCRF Sept 6&7, Oct 4th (considering the 5th also) and closing weekend of Oct 11-13th. M' and the Salty Kiss shall be at Great Plains Ren Fest on Sept 27th & 28th and thus, miss you at KCRF that weekend (as well as Scottish weekend at KCRF). Mayhaps our paths shall cross one of these weekends!

And ye dinnae miss much this weekend save, the great flood o' Canterbury '03. The faire was actually cancelled on Sunday due to the amount of water covering the site but, we opened and ran the full day on Monday. M' and the lasses renamed Canterbury tae MireLand :)

I must be off and continue to scrape mud and muck off m' clothes an' boots. Fair winds tae ye an' safe journeys!

With Respects,

Captain Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Yep, I heard that KC got hit pretty hard over Labor Day...it rained all day Sunday in the Amana colonies, too. I've just been approved for the Nebraska Ren Faire, so I'm keeping wit' me original plan for Columbus Day weekend.

Lady Barbossa, Nishna is held in Avoca, IA (about 45 miles east of Omaha and 90 miles west of Des Moines) on the first weekend of October. Ye can see the website HERE

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Har! It would seem my plans once more walked the plank. :lol:

Now I find myself plotting a course south this month, to the Missouri river delta itself! Lots of plunder to be found in N'Orleans of course, so my crew and I aren't too terribly disappointed.

When is Colombus Day this year? Perhaps I shall still be back in the ocean of Corn in time to show up at the KCRF then to join the lot of ya. Still having costuming troubles though, mostly with finances. Been a while since my last take after all. Oh well, if I get there, I will just be blending in with the modern types and maybe next year will be better.

~Alv~

Alvilda... I know what yer meanin' with the attire. I'd allow ye to use mine... if that was possible. Doubt I will be there, though.

Maybe next year I will be there as well. Different attire than what I use for the Rev War. Too fine & dandy Gentry for that. I'm actually working on a Barbossa like outfit. I just finished the hat (the easy part), now it's the outfit such as the coat, waistcoat, shirt (which is my next project as is needed for my Rev War), breeches or the sort... & the boots! yyeeeessssss... the Jack Sparrow type boots.. but black!

Hopin' to met up with ya next year. :D

Huzzah!

:D

Yes indeed the outfit has been difficult. I've actually managed to begin acquiring items for it though. I might not look the most authentic, but it is getting better! Aye! And the hope for being there is looking brighter by the day!

All ye pirates dealing with Hurricane Isabel, take care and sail safe! I'll be in the Gulf myself when it hits. Hopefully I find safe waters.

~Alv~

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious.... will there be any more pirate gatherings this year besides Avoca in Iowa?

If unable to do anything this year, perhaps next year I will get more involved.

Huzzah!

"Take watcha can! Give nothin' back!"

• 1 month later...

I've been a lookin'.. not findin' a group... but people... sort of...

Just a wonderin' if there is a pyracy groups/crew around the eastern Iowa locale. If not... I'm more than willin' to spearhead & captain a crew for the eastern Iowa around even into Illinois ( as I have a person or 2 interested in joinin' me fine crew).. perhaps northern Missouri & a corner of Wisconsin & Minnesota as well.. ( know there is a crew or 2 up in Minnesota.)

I have a couple gents here in Cedar Rapids who may be willin' to join up.. plus a lass here as well & even in Illinois. Maybe another body or 2 here in Iowa. If we do get to gether... first even would the Ren Fest there in Amanas. :lol:

Still an idea.. a thought... but I be a serious one.

Drop me a line & sign articles with me.. if ya dare! :lol:

Huzzah!

:lol:

I be in the CR area, as are a few other friends who may be needing a drink about mid December.

Lets get a group invasion going, and we can see bare cabin boys on deck.

You just missed the POC invasion at BillyJoes Pitcher show, where you can drink and eat at the tables while watching the movies. About 12 of me buddies made it there.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Awww.. blast...

Well.. always another time & chance to meet up, correct?

A friend & I are having our own little PotC party on Dec 2nd. :ph34r::ph34r:

But.. yes... would love to meet up & such... see where the winds take us.. though, the way it's getting here in Iowa... best not to let lose the sails! Geez! :ph34r: Ya tell me when & where.. I will let ya know if I will be there or not.

Huzzah!