Midwest Pirates?

Alvilda

Good Evening Darlings,

Such a lovely place here, I've dearly enjoyed reading of your exploits and adventures. I have a little trouble of my own here, and have been hoping some of you may know how to solve it.

I have been slightly cursed to be a landlocked pirate in the midwest states sadly enough, no water to be seen only the rows of corn around me. I am looking rather closely to try and find festivals, gatherings or events in the Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas area that I might attend in the hopes of not forgetting the pirate in my heart.

Any help would be rich, and doubly appreciated.

[/color]

Har, Castaway O' the Cornfields here -- I'm involved in one way or another with many of the Iowa goins on and can point mebbe point ye in the right direction...Did ye know, fer instance, that the KC Ren Faire has a pirate weekend coming up, on Labor Day? Sadly, I have already committed meself to the Iowa Renaissance Faire, to be held that same weekend, so I won't be able to go pillagin' in Kansas City over Labor Day :ph34r:

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Oh I do bless you both! Honestly!

Thank you Darkmalkin, I've been looking everywhere for the date of the KC Ren Festival. I was aware of it and that there sometimes where pirates about, but not the date which I couldn't find anywhere.

Maybe I'll check it out this year! I've yet to go. I don't suppose you know where it is though? I'm not so far from KC myself honestly and it could be possible for me to go.

Now I just have to wrestle up me self some piratey looking things! Any suggestions for a first timer?

Hey, Darkmalkin...

How about Colorado Pirates? Please don't tell me there's no such thing, or I'll likely die. Didn't notice any at this summer's RenFest.

Realize it's highly unlikely... but a local Pirate or two, or more, would sure come in handy. Show me the way...

Well, ifn ye be THAT much of a newbie, then I suggest that ye join us at the Iowa Ren Fest, to be held in the Amana Colonies on that same weekend. Me an' the Hellspawn will show ye around, an if yer lucky at all Cap;n S.M. Tymburs will take ye under her wing....

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Where would the Iowa festival be? I am near the corner of Mo, NE, and IA myself, and too much farther than three hours away becomes out of the question for me sadly.

I'd love that though! Geez it would be great to meet you and know someone had their eye out for the lost pirate of the corn!

~Alv~

The Iowa Ren Fest is in the Amana Colonies, about 90 miles east of Des Moines on I-80. The Nebraska Faire, in Mid-September, is in Ashland, about half hour from Lincoln on I-80. Probably the closest one to you is KC, weekends from now till Columbus Day, and my home faire, the Nishna River Ren Faire, about 40 miles east of Omaha on I-80. Nishna is the first weekend in October, so mark yer calendar!

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Greetings, Alvilda ... Indeed, there be more "Midwest" Pirates/Privateers than ye think. M'self an m' crew, the ladies o' The Salty Kiss, hail from a southern land; some ken it as "The Land o' The Red Man". (For those that dinnae ken .. tis Oklahoma).

The Salty Kiss shall be at Canterbury (KCRF) this coming weekend as Weekend Performers (so they think) but in reality, we shall be claiming all o' the shire for ourselves, o' course. :)

I look forward to makin yer aquaintance as well as the others that reside within this landlocked area.

With Respects,

Captain Emerald Shaunassey

O' The Salty Kiss & Flamin' Rose

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

The Salty Kiss shall be at Canterbury (KCRF) this coming weekend as Weekend Performers (so they think) but in reality, we shall be claiming all o' the shire for ourselves, o' course.

Well met, Cap'n Shaunassey! I had hoped to make it to KC for pirates weekend but have committed to vending at the Iowa Ren Faire that weekend. I think me an' the rest o' the Nameless Pyrates (we're not very creative) might put in an appearance over Columbus Day weekend, though. :ph34r:

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Captain Emerald Shaunassey, it is my pleasure of course to meet you. I do hope to meet in a good fun swashbuckle someday! Show a little true colors.! Arrr!

Columbus Day Darkmalkin? I might could find that easier to attend than the upcoming weekend of pirates. Seems I'm having a little trouble with some of my assistants...

~Alv~

Yep, tryin' to plan on it...I can make KC in a few hours, puts it on me list of regular events to attend. I like Columbus day because ye get THREE days of faire in ONE weekend. The hellspawn and I and anyone else in our entourage usually stay at the Best Western (Or is it Holiday Inn?) big chain hotel in Lansing, KS

The Pyromaniac Pirate