New Problem for POTC II

Hawkyns

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okey dokey... here goes.. I like to live dangerously...

Is there any historical reference for peg legged, shoeless cannibals wearing earring(s), eyepatches, bandannas on their heads and ticked trews having monkeys or parrots or ferrets as pets during the Golden Age of Piracy ?

Did I miss anything?

What kind of hat would this creature wear? Cocked or cavalier, stovepipe or straw?

And the ladies, let's not ferget them..... Would they wear dressies at home and fight in men's duds?

Inquiring minds want to know the depths of yer imaginins'.

Oh yeah... this is pretend.....

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

Is there any historical reference for peg legged, shoeless cannibals wearing earring(s), eyepatches, bandannas on their heads and ticked trews having monkeys or parrots or ferrets as pets during the Golden Age of Piracy ?

Ferrets? :rolleyes: You're in the wrong forum, Lorien!

The real question is did pirates keep stoats, goats and shoats on their ships? Ok, we know some kept goats. (Not going any further with that.)

"Beware of the Tazmanian Devil a vicious ravenous brute with powerful jaws like a steel trap. Eats aardvardks, ants, bears, boars, cats, bats, dogs, hogs, elephants, antelopes, pheasants, ferrets, giraffes, gazelles."

"Hah! A likely story! Bet there ain't no such animal! Stoats, goats, shoats, ostrages..."

(From book) ...moose, mice, moles, snipes, elk, wapati, tortoise, road runner, elands, foxes, wolves, guinea hen, vultures, eagles, humming birds, squids, salamanders, water buffalo, bison, kangeroos, pigeons, daws, unicorns, vixens...

"...octopusses, oxes, penguins, widgeons, wart hogs, yaks, newts, walrusses, gnus, wildebeasteses...what? No rabbits?"

"And especially rabbits!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Did I miss anything?

What kind of hat would this creature wear? Cocked or cavalier, stovepipe or straw?

And the ladies, let's not ferget them..... Would they wear dressies at home and fight in men's duds?

Inquiring minds want to know the depths of yer imaginins'.

Ferrets? :lol: You're in the wrong forum, Lorien!

The real question is did pirates keep stoats, goats and shoats on their ships? Ok, we know some kept goats. (Not going any further with that.)

No, no, NO!!!! The real, REAL question is did they ever go NEKKID??! (and then entice everyone with imaginary pictures of the event :lol: )

Sheesh. Pirates. :rolleyes:

Teases, the lot of 'em... :lol:

das

No, no, NO!!!! The real, REAL question is did they ever go NEKKID??! (and then entice everyone with imaginary pictures of the event unsure.gif )

Sheesh. Pirates. rolleyes.gif

Teases, the lot of 'em... dry.gif

Oh god..you're quite a tease yourself..what an image you've installed in my mind now B)

hero.jpg

I am beginning to see why Americans are generally regarded as being perfectly lackadaisical to anyone's history except their pathetic own one.

"Yes ... and I grew up in Europe, where the history comes from. You tear your history down, man! Thirty years old -- let's smash it to the floor and put a car park here! I have seen it in stories. I saw a program on something in Miami, and they were saying, 'We've redecorated this building to how it looked over FIFTY years ago!'"

"And people were going, 'No, surely not, nooo! No one was alive then!'"

[This affectionate jab at American history brought to you courtesy of Eddie Izzard. And I consider myself a patriotic American, so nobody yell at me. ;-)]

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg