Arizona Renaissance Festival

Black Hearted Pearl

March 5 & 6

Pirates, Pleasures & Treasures

@ The Arizona Renaissance Festival

Ahoy to the world!

This weekend is a celebration of all things pirate! Come sing see-fairing songs and put on your eye patch...ARRG!

Dates: The Festival is open Saturdays and Sundays, from February 5th through March 27th, as well as Presidents' Day Monday, February 21st.

Hours: 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. rain or shine.

Location: The Festival is seven miles east of Apache Junction on US Highway 60.

Parking: FREE courtesy of Fry's Food and Drug Stores.

Tickets: Click here to find out how to get tickets!

http://www.royalfaires.com/ARIZONA/RunScri...P\Pg66.asp

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Oh, bloody hell that looks like fun! Missed out on KC with their pirate fest.

Hmmm.. maybe this will make for a grand time to invade my dad's home, stay with him a bit & invade the AZRF! :)

Hmm.. just a thought at the moment. But, highly unlikely. I've other places to go this summer. Patriotism calls.

:wub:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:huh::huh::huh:

Ooooo... now yer tempting me a plenty! How's a pirate to resist that? Hmm?

Whatever ya plunder... ow's i 50%... what I get from the other faires, I'll spill ya in on a decent share as well. :)

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to hear that. You can stay at my place if you want. I don't live that close to the festival (about 1 hour away). Like Temecula to San Diego. I should also warn you, I have three little monsters (I mean pirates) who can be quite boistorous, but we'll be gone to festival. :P

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 3 weeks later...

The Greyhound Guild (AZ Ren Faire organizers) is looking for pirates to come out and have a good time. Jack2, Ruby and I plan on meeting up for the Best Pirate Contest. I'm last year's winner. (Aye, I be braggin.) Come out and have a good time. We be lookin to meet up with you.

~Black Hearted Pearl

Gold Canyon be the closest hotel, but it not be inexpensive. Your inexpensive hotels be in Apache Junction and Mesa. Look for the usual ports of Motel 6 and Best Western.

Here be the link to the accommodations page from the AZ ren faire site.

Az Ren Faire Accommodations

~Black Hearted Pearl

Just went to the Festival site and the pic they used for the pirate weekend. They be my kids. They won the treasure hunt last year. :D

I'll be there this year again.

Hope to see some of ya there :D

"There is no safe place in the land of Spain.

We'll take the ships and we own the Main."

Arrgh!, They be cuties. I be going is sans mini-pirates Saturday for the contest. We're going to enter a ringer. :D My little young ones are more interested in Knights, Vikings and Wizards this year, thanks to runescape

Desert Pirate,

Drop me an email, maybe's we can hook up?

~Black Hearted Pearl

Alright Crew,

Stand up to be counted. As of today, I have the following Pyrates signing up for meetin and greetin at the front of the faire on Satursday at 10:30am.

Meself, Black Hearted Pearl

Me sis, Red Ruby the Gimp

Jack2 and friend

Desert Pyrate and crew

And Mercernary Mary will be looking for us at the Best Pyrate Contest.

Speak up, scurvy dogs, will ye be attendin? ;)

~Black Hearted Pearl

Well, me mates, it appears that we must mutiny and take over the Pirate Days at AZ Ren Faire. The government of the Faire has informed me that only if they have "minimum of 12-15" adult participants will they have a adult competition for best pirate. The kiddies competition is scheduled for 2pm at the Teatro de la Rosa stage regardless of the number of participants.

Last year, very few people knew about the contest, which is probably why I won....very little competition. The Faire did a very poor job of getting the word out. Once again, the Faire appears to be falling short on getting their act together.

Mates, if the powers that be determine there will be no adult competition, I will lead a mutiny and we shall take over the stage and have our own adult competition. I am willing to donate prizes and we shall use the audience of kiddie pirates for the judges. Who is with me on this? Say Huzzah!

:ph34r::huh:B)

~Black Hearted Pearl

Aye, I'd like to hit up the AZ faire that weekend.  Are there any cheap hotels in the area?

There are inexpensive hotels in Mesa at Route 60 and Power Rd plus Gilbert Rd and Route 60.

B)

Avast me mates, I decided on another tactic to deal with such unruly royals. As I am privateer first and then a pirate, I intend to beat them at their own game.

Crew, we will recruit as many pirates as we can whilst walking the faire to enter said contest. Therefore, they must be prepared to surrender the booty. Huzzah! B)

~Black Hearted Pearl

:lol: if'n ye happen to see don juan and miguel on the grounds of the arizona faire...would ye be so kind as to bid a 'hullo!' to miguel from froom lady snow at the pa ren faire and can't wait til they be back in our port in august. thank-ye much...

:lol:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Well, me mates, we scared them into the holdin the contest by following the sage advice of non-violent civil disobedience. We stood outside the gates by said sign up sheet and made everyone in costume sign up.

We had the contest.

Here by a picture of the winners. One be Jack2 and the other be another Jack. The third fellow be Pirate Wesley. The jolly fellow be the mayor.

winners-462x344.jpg

~Black Hearted Pearl

ah, I wish I could have attended...looks like loads of fun.

regrettably, I had to take my wife to the hospital...she's got pneumonia..

Best Wishes to yer wife for a speedy recovery, mate. We missed you.

~Black Hearted Pearl